2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Hey, guess not. That's a first.

SLade might get all three of the next runners.

He must have because he's fallen all the way down to 23rd and he was in front of Simona a few laps ago.

**EDIT** Golding now shows 3 stops.

I can think of many other descriptions but they're all against the AUP.

Wait, how about Constipation Kelly? After all, he is a turd.
Being a Nissan lad I'm really happy they're showing promise! Was rooting for Heimgartener yesterday, and now we had that battle in the mid pack. Slowly they're getting more competitive again!

Being a Nissan lad I'm really happy they're showing promise! Was rooting for Heimgartener yesterday, and now we had that battle in the mid pack. Slowly they're getting more competitive again!
I've never been a brand loyalist. I've always followed drivers instead of badges.

I can think of many other descriptions but they're all against the AUP.

Wait, how about Constipation Kelly? After all, he is a turd.
Yeah so can I, but my thinking was, as in 'hard to pass', more of a follow on to the post above mine.

Edit: A fair assessment by RD. https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/04/15/dane-whincup-garage-needs-to-take-a-long-hard-look-at-itself/

And I think this part from RD is telling from what I've read about linear springs:

“That side of the garage needs a long hard look at itself. We spent too much time chasing gold when gold wasn’t achievable for anyone apart from one team this weekend.''

They might have to stop chasing that perfect feel they used to get with trap springs, because apparently it's unobtainable according to most other teams. DJRTP have the best compromise in suspension settings now.

Last edited:
New name: Kidney Stone Kelly
I like how even Rick acknowledged other drivers don't like to be behind him. Well, hope they give the Altima a good send off, if it is to be that car's last year(probably not, if Todd has his way).

I like how even Rick acknowledged other drivers don't like to be behind him. Well, hope they give the Altima a good send off, if it is to be that car's last year(probably not, if Todd has his way).
Yeah, I hope so too, but I think Todd has the right idea. I don't think there's much point in switching manufacturer until Gen3 comes out from a cost perspective.

And now you've got me feeling all nostalgic thinking about how much I miss seeing the Volvo and Merc on track. It's going to be a shame to see the Altima go too :(, but at least it will still be around in S2 for a while.

The two during yesterday's race were certainly weird. Would have thought that they would have rectified the issue after Saturday but apparently not. :crazy:

Perfect. :lol:👍
I'd bet a decent amount of money on Courtney's two blowouts yesterday being related to when he ran into Hazelwood.

I'd bet a decent amount of money on Courtney's two blowouts yesterday being related to when he ran into Hazelwood.
That's possible. Commentators mentioned possible camber tuning, but that right front geometry could have been further blown out. Plus, the guard wasn't repaired 100% during that initial stop for a new tyre.

Yeah, don't get me started on the S60 and E63 stuff. Damn shame.

If that's the case & it is set-up related, the tyres that eventually blew on Sunday would've lasted roughly the same distance as the single tyre that popped on Saturday.
I don't have the numbers so I can't help there.
Courtney also said ''We had a tyre drama at Tassie as well, so something has carried over.'' and that makes me wonder if it is really setup related, because if so, why doesn't it happen to Scott Pye? They could be running different settings I suppose, but three blowouts in exactly the same spot is more than just coincidence I feel. I think we'll just have to wait and see if they reveal the cause.

Back