Touring Cars 2019 Virgin Australia Supercars Championship

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Spacegoat, Dec 5, 2018.

1. kembro

kembro

Always good racing at Phillip Island. Managed to get along and watch the Saturday. I noticed the track was cut out inside the apex of turn 10 at the bottom of Lukey Heights. I watched lots of cuts that it chewed away and destabilized the cars exit if they cut. But lots of front right failures made me suspect that rather than setup. But could be wrong. Needs a bit of concrete inside the ripple on the apex to prevent it.

2. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

3. 05XR8

05XR8

Again, thank goodness for TCR...

FPV MIC likes this.
  4. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

''The modifications to be made are the reduction in the dimensions of the end plate, lowering the height of the rear wing gurney flap and a reduction in length of the front undertray extension.''

So I wonder if the Mustang would still pass the hit-200kph-and-kick-it-out-of-gear aero test :p

5. Sharky.

Sharky. Premium

Last edited: Apr 23, 2019
    05XR8 and Spacegoat like this.
  6. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

This is exactly what I was getting at with my previous comment. The cars were tested and found to be the closest they've ever been, so how has taking the clippers to the Mustang affected it? Surely there's less drag and less downforce now? So why aren't they being re-tested at an airfield to make sure it's still in the window? The Supercars hierarchy has absolutely no ****en idea what this is going to do to the car in comparison to the others :banghead:

05XR8 likes this.
  7. Sharky.

Sharky. Premium

An airfield isn't representative of an actual circuit, so they should never be tested on one to begin with. VCAT uses straight-line testing only, which is how this whole problem has come about.

CLowndes888 likes this.
  8. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

This is exactly what you get when Cavemen use a Caveman approach to decide something 'scientific' :rolleyes:

What chance is there now of attracting ANY Manufacturer to this Championship when there's thick, stinky mud all over the faces of those in charge? Zip, zilch & buggerall combined. What an embarrassment.

9. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

I know an airfield isn't representative of a circuit and I'm sorry if you've misunderstood what I've meant but, the hit-200kph-and-kick-it-out-of-gear aero test, the only aero test they do, is now where the Mustang will be out of whack with the other cars in their so-called parity testing. It will most certainly have less downforce and less drag, as judged by their own coast down test, in comparison to the other makes as a direct result of the changes that have been made to the Mustang (lowering the height of the rear wing gurney flap and a reduction in length of the front undertray extension). How the downforce in yaw is affected is anyone's guess as the only thing they're going by is sector times.

05XR8 likes this.
  10. Sharky.

Sharky. Premium

It was a general remark on how Supercars performs their aero testing, not your comment specifically :) It would be a massive own-goal if the tweaks make the Mustang faster in a straight line, although that's not something we're going to see at Barbagallo next weekend.

11. 05XR8

05XR8

I predict Fabs will be down in 16th from here on.

12. Sharky.

Sharky. Premium

At least Holdsworth will have Ford company then?

Spacegoat likes this.
  13. 05XR8

05XR8

14. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

FPV MIC, Cap'n Jack and 05XR8 like this.
  15. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

16. 05XR8

05XR8

17. Mightymurph15

Mightymurph15

Not sure if any of you lads, seen this but srsly. Tekno needs a new boss i swear to god. The best quote is this

"But Webb insists he will not invest in an equipment upgrade for the car until Le Brocq shows better pace."

He wants JLB yo stay but bags him and his abilty and won't invest and basically wants to set his driver and team up for failure. Gotta feel for the sponsors also.

Full Article https://autoaction.com.au/2019/04/26/tekno-trauma

18. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

JLB deserves much better. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Tekno isn't on the grid in another couple of years.

19. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

With this approach they might not be around next year.

Wake up to yourself Webb.
    How is JLB expected to outpace his rivals when their toys are newer? :odd:
    It’s the motor racing equivalent of expecting an omelette without breaking any eggs :dopey:

Spacegoat likes this.
  20. 05XR8

05XR8

GRM should buy out his contract, put him in the Alfa and sign him an enduro with Beiber.

21. 05XR8

05XR8

22. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Well that's disappointing. Looks unlikely but still hoping that she can put together something to get her on the gird for the rest of the season.

23. Pete05

Pete05 Premium

I think she's got more chances of an S3 deal where she'll be more competitive.

It's a pretty tough sell to a prospective sponsor(s) when you look like racing at 20 something.

Spacegoat likes this.
  24. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

Very true. Just surprises me that someone with the profile Abbie has. Has trouble getting sponsors on board. :crazy:

25. Sharky.

Sharky. Premium

W. Chump and Sons should sponsor her, ha.

26. R1600Turbo

R1600Turbo Premium

27. Spacegoat

Spacegoat Premium

FPV MIC likes this.
  28. Cap'n Jack

Cap'n Jack Premium

The Betoota Advocate, once again, with the hard hitting truth. :lol:

Spacegoat likes this.
  29. FPV MIC

FPV MIC

So I'm either a selfless assertive control freak that sells coke, or a suburban mum that sets myself on fire while dotting my I's and crossing my T's :odd:.

I own a HSV, FPV and a Subaru :dopey:

Cap'n Jack likes this.
  30. 05XR8

05XR8

I own a Mazda and don't smoke sensimilla. Go figure.