2019 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 2,044 comments
Always good racing at Phillip Island. Managed to get along and watch the Saturday. I noticed the track was cut out inside the apex of turn 10 at the bottom of Lukey Heights. I watched lots of cuts that it chewed away and destabilized the cars exit if they cut. But lots of front right failures made me suspect that rather than setup. But could be wrong. Needs a bit of concrete inside the ripple on the apex to prevent it.

''The modifications to be made are the reduction in the dimensions of the end plate, lowering the height of the rear wing gurney flap and a reduction in length of the front undertray extension.''

So I wonder if the Mustang would still pass the hit-200kph-and-kick-it-out-of-gear aero test :P

Last edited:
Supercars is a joke, that just shows how poor their homologation aero "testing" is. If you only test the aero in a couple of situations, and later find a car has an advantage in other areas that weren't tested... that's a Supercars problem, not a DJR/Tickford problem.

e: this has aged well: https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/mustang-scores-supercars-sign-off-after-aero-test/
This is exactly what I was getting at with my previous comment. The cars were tested and found to be the closest they've ever been, so how has taking the clippers to the Mustang affected it? Surely there's less drag and less downforce now? So why aren't they being re-tested at an airfield to make sure it's still in the window? The Supercars hierarchy has absolutely no ****en idea what this is going to do to the car in comparison to the others :banghead:

So why aren't they being re-tested at an airfield to make sure it's still in the window?
An airfield isn't representative of an actual circuit, so they should never be tested on one to begin with. VCAT uses straight-line testing only, which is how this whole problem has come about.

This is exactly what you get when Cavemen use a Caveman approach to decide something 'scientific' :rolleyes:

What chance is there now of attracting ANY Manufacturer to this Championship when there's thick, stinky mud all over the faces of those in charge? Zip, zilch & buggerall combined. What an embarrassment.

An airfield isn't representative of an actual circuit, so they should never be tested on one to begin with. VCAT uses straight-line testing only, which is how this whole problem has come about.
I know an airfield isn't representative of a circuit and I'm sorry if you've misunderstood what I've meant but, the hit-200kph-and-kick-it-out-of-gear aero test, the only aero test they do, is now where the Mustang will be out of whack with the other cars in their so-called parity testing. It will most certainly have less downforce and less drag, as judged by their own coast down test, in comparison to the other makes as a direct result of the changes that have been made to the Mustang (lowering the height of the rear wing gurney flap and a reduction in length of the front undertray extension). How the downforce in yaw is affected is anyone's guess as the only thing they're going by is sector times.

It was a general remark on how Supercars performs their aero testing, not your comment specifically :) It would be a massive own-goal if the tweaks make the Mustang faster in a straight line, although that's not something we're going to see at Barbagallo next weekend.

Petronas backing for Blanchard's Perth wildcard entry.

Petronas-Blanchard-1200x618.jpg

Whatever happened to Erebus' wildcard for Youlden in the Merc? Missed opportunity.

Not sure if any of you lads, seen this but srsly. Tekno needs a new boss i swear to god. The best quote is this

"But Webb insists he will not invest in an equipment upgrade for the car until Le Brocq shows better pace."

He wants JLB yo stay but bags him and his abilty and won't invest and basically wants to set his driver and team up for failure. Gotta feel for the sponsors also.

Full Article https://autoaction.com.au/2019/04/26/tekno-trauma

JLB deserves much better. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Tekno isn't on the grid in another couple of years.

JLB deserves much better. Wouldn't surprise me in the least if Tekno isn't on the grid in another couple of years.
With this approach they might not be around next year.

Wake up to yourself Webb.
How is JLB expected to outpace his rivals when their toys are newer? :odd:
It’s the motor racing equivalent of expecting an omelette without breaking any eggs :dopey:

Well that's disappointing. Looks unlikely but still hoping that she can put together something to get her on the gird for the rest of the season.

It's a pretty tough sell to a prospective sponsor(s) when you look like racing at 20 something.

Very true. Just surprises me that someone with the profile Abbie has. Has trouble getting sponsors on board. :crazy:

The Betoota Advocate, once again, with the hard hitting truth. :lol:

So I'm either a selfless assertive control freak that sells coke, or a suburban mum that sets myself on fire while dotting my I's and crossing my T's :odd:.

I own a HSV, FPV and a Subaru :dopey:

Back