2019 W Series

• Thread starter BrainsBush
  • 340 comments
None of them are F1 quality, and women are more appealing to sponsors than men with thr same results anyway. That puts them at a relative advantage to men.
And we're back to square one. If women are that appealing to sponsors, F1 should be overrun with female racers. :P

And we're back to square one. If women are that appealing to sponsors, F1 should be overrun with female racers. :P

That's why I said "compared with men with similar results". Most women currently in motorsports have pretty unremarkable accomplishments by motorsport standards, but they get more publicity than men with the same results. Take Jamie Chadwick for instance, she is more well known than anyone else who won a race in British F3 last year, despite only finishing 9th overall.

Last edited:
I'm sure every F1 team is dying to snatch up a female driver due to the enormous publicity value of doing so. But that fact that none of them have, even from candidates who have enough money to be considered pay drivers says a lot about the skill of the current female roster.

The first qualifying session for this has happened. In a wet session, Jamie Chadwick claims pole by nearly 2 seconds.

It may be stating the obvious now, but I've always had the feeling that Jamie was going to run away with this series.

upload_2019-5-4_12-58-44.png

The race is this afternoon at 14:45.

EDIT and "Kimi" in 4th is using No7.

What on Earth is going on with C4's sound editing? Lee and David are echoing and there are cars drowning out the girls.

First crash. Wet hairpin was not expected.

Maybe it's my old eyes but to me the liveries all look the same so it's very difficult to see who is who.
I like the idea of all drivers in the same Tatuus car and during the season swap cars between the drivers.

Except I looked for their main pages and found nothing easily right there at the front to click on and go watch. If I have to dig around it's not easy.

Except I looked for their main pages and found nothing easily right there at the front to click on and go watch. If I have to dig around it's not easy.

If they're providing it, for free, on the biggest internet platforms available... That's not them making it difficult, that's you not being able to use a platform.

That's considerably easier than watching, say the WEC, or DTM...

It's probably that because I'm in the US and you guys seem to not have any trouble. Is SBS related to Sky Sports?

If they're providing it, for free, on the biggest internet platforms available... That's not them making it difficult, that's you not being able to use a platform.

That's considerably easier than watching, say the WEC, or DTM...
For me it was easier to watch WEC and DTM because it is livestreamed on Youtube.

This series should've done so. No interest having login to Facebook or on Twitter where the livestream part is very problematic.

For me it was easier to watch WEC and DTM because it is livestreamed on Youtube.

This series should've done so. No interest having login to Facebook or on Twitter where the livestream part is very problematic.

It's no different, if it's legally streamed on a free platform then the only difference is your familiarity with said platform. The specifics of geo-blocking and what channels you might have to pay for, are far more "difficult" to do anything about.

It's no different, if it's legally streamed on a free platform then the only difference is your familiarity with said platform. The specifics of geo-blocking and what channels you might have to pay for, are far more "difficult" to do anything about.
I couldn't watch on any platform. Even though SBS says it would be broadcast LIVE. As I mentioned above, it wasn't on SBS tv or SBS On Demand at 11:45pm. The on Demand channel was telling me it's live with the "play" icon. I pushed it and nothing was happening. Just the loading icon for a couple seconds and no broadcast. Sent SBS twitter page a tweet letting them know. I even went to the W Series twitter page and all it was
Full race replay on Facebook. It's working for me in the US.

👍
live timing. No broadcast.
It's probably that because I'm in the US and you guys seem to not have any trouble. Is SBS related to Sky Sports?
SBS is like PBS.

It felt like a normal F3 race at Hockenheim in wet/dry conditions - which to be honest is what the series needs as it gives it credibility.

The only thing I don't understand is why there is only 6 races in the whole season? The Euro F3 championship always did about 3 25 minute races each weekend, why couldn't W-Series do at least two races per round? For the next season I think they'll need to find time in the weekends for a second race at least. At the moment one retirement can screw your whole season up as it's a large percentage of points missed out.

It felt like a normal F3 race at Hockenheim in wet/dry conditions - which to be honest is what the series needs as it gives it credibility.

The only thing I don't understand is why there is only 6 races in the whole season? The Euro F3 championship always did about 3 25 minute races each weekend, why couldn't W-Series do at least two races per round? For the next season I think they'll need to find time in the weekends for a second race at least. At the moment one retirement can screw your whole season up as it's a large percentage of points missed out.

Yeah Chadwick could almost have the championship locked up after the 3rd or 4th race or so barring any mechanical trouble or accidents. They need more rounds. Disappointing to see both US drivers so far back.

Back