2019 W Series

• Thread starter BrainsBush
  • 340 comments
I don't think it's unusual for a new series to have so few rounds right off the bat. Formula E only had what, 9 or 10 rounds for the first couple of seasons?

Double headers at each race weekend would be a sensible tweak. On what other race programme does it currently run with?

It felt like a normal F3 race at Hockenheim in wet/dry conditions - which to be honest is what the series needs as it gives it credibility.

The only thing I don't understand is why there is only 6 races in the whole season? The Euro F3 championship always did about 3 25 minute races each weekend, why couldn't W-Series do at least two races per round? For the next season I think they'll need to find time in the weekends for a second race at least. At the moment one retirement can screw your whole season up as it's a large percentage of points missed out.

I assume it's very much money related.

Just to give some clarity, Alice Powell used to race a guy I knew from another forum in the British F3 Cup and he used to battle with her for the title all the way through the season and she had a car that was atleast 10 years newer then his, and given that Redbull used to bring their drivers at the time to do one round of the championship to qualify for Macau and they where about 5 seconds a lap faster with a similar car to Powell it gives you an idea of the lack of quality.

It was around the time Sainz was in GP3.

The lack of interest in general is definitely showing. It's taken BBC Sport nearly 24 hours to write up a report, and a race with two safety cars that started without everyone being properly lined up on the grid was a fairly dull affair to watch

Interested in these W Series races, might hop on to watch the next race. Jamie Chadwick is definitely someone to look out for. Going to follow her career path, see what’s she got. Cause this might be someone who we will see in Formula One in the future as the first female driver. I think she is definitely better than a Tatiana Calderon.

Earlier today on NBCSN, I saw a highlight show of the Formula 3 W Series. I kind of forgot who they were, but among the many women worldwide in this series are two Americans. So I certainly will root on my fellow Americans in this series. The W Series does have a very nice international contingent outside of the usual European drivers. I noted there were also drivers from Canada, South Africa, Japan, and Australia. It should be an interesting series. This is the first all-female racing series I can remember since there was a series called the Women's Global GT Series in the early days of the (then) American Le Mans Series.

Earlier today on NBCSN, I saw a highlight show of the Formula 3 W Series. I kind of forgot who they were, but among the many women worldwide in this series are two Americans. So I certainly will root on my fellow Americans in this series. The W Series does have a very nice international contingent outside of the usual European drivers. I noted there were also drivers from Canada, South Africa, Japan, and Australia. It should be an interesting series. This is the first all-female racing series I can remember since there was a series called the Women's Global GT Series in the early days of the (then) American Le Mans Series.

Our two Americans aren't doing very well. Sabre Cook I'm not familiar with but I've known about Shea Holbrook from her touring car experience. Shea was 2 seconds off the fastest posted time in this morning's practice at Misano and Sabre was 1.8 seconds slower.

Back