Formula 1 2020 F1 Driver Thread

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by TenEightyOne, Feb 7, 2019.

1. SlowGrayAudi

SlowGrayAudi

Romains interview with Martin Brundel

SpaceMaN47y0 and Firehuntah like this.
  2. artem9000

artem9000 (Banned)

It's ridiculous, Russel is a great driver, but W11 is so good that he hits best lap during car controls intro. Too many question for Toto why he keep Bottas for so many years.

3. SuperDiscoDaz

SuperDiscoDaz

Yuki Tsunoda now has enough points for a super license. This will highly likely mean that he replaces Kvyat at Alpha Tauri.

4. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

Well well well...

5. TenEightyOne

TenEightyOne Premium

It's incredible how people from other teams are talking to one another. It's almost as if they've all worked in the same travelling roadshow for years!

6. Skygrasper550

Skygrasper550 Premium

Yeah I know, their discussion could be anything, from Checo being seriously considered for that 2nd RB seat, to Marko just simply asking for some Mexican chili to go with his nachos and tequila.

7. PeterJB

PeterJB Premium

I normally try to avoid reading too much into stuff like this, but Bottas and Russell have both removed any mentions of Mercedes and Williams from their Instagram bios...

8. fortbo

fortbo

Deleted.

Last edited: Dec 8, 2020
  9. fortbo

fortbo

Yeah I came here to mention this as well. Although stuff like this usually means nothing, you can’t deny that it’s pretty unusual for both of them do to that at all, let alone at the same time. I mean looking at it this way, if I was a driver for either team, I don’t think I’d ever remove that from my Instagram bio unless it was for a really good reason. On top of that, you have to realize that they probably know exactly how big of a deal it is to remove something of that nature.

10. McLaren

McLaren Premium

$20 says the haters are already blaming Lewis.

11. Rossell2

Rossell2

Lewis' first appearance since he became ill. Judging by the video I generally don't believe we'll see him at Abu Dhabi. It is good to see this though as I was starting to get worried from the lack of information.

12. McLaren

McLaren Premium

He definitely looks like he may have had a bit of a rough go with the virus, commentators even reported once during the race he wasn't asymptomatic. He appears optimistic about getting back into the car, so doesn't sound like the team, FIA, or health officials have told him he can't race yet.

Rossell2 likes this.
  13. EngieDiesel

EngieDiesel

While I don't necessarily expect it, I wouldn't be too surprised if the team asked Lewis to skip the race and make sure he was 100% recovered. They've already got both championships sewn up and there's no need to risk a serious incident by having him try to drive if he's still not well. And if Williams is okay with letting Russell have another go, I'd imagine Mercedes would like to make up for the clown show that they put him through last weekend and get some more evaluation on how well he handles the car.

14. MikeV27

MikeV27 Premium

Some tweet I seen on reddit

upload_2020-12-8_17-34-48.png

15. noshog

noshog

Interesting ... If that doesn't kick Mercedes into making the right decision I don't know what will... Surely after last weekend Mercedes wont want Russell looking elsewhere.

ThePotatoKing and MikeV27 like this.
  16. NotThePrez

NotThePrez

So, Valterri posted this earlier....

[​IMG]

...which, on one hand, I'm 99% sure is him trolling the F1 fanbase.

On the other hand, and this is pretty much a shower thought, but considering the fact that Williams is under completly new ownership, it would be something if Mercedes and Williams announced a much tighter technical alliance, basically turning Williams into the Mercedes B-Team, and part of that deal involves swapping Bottas and Russell.

Again, highly unlikely, but a possibility at least.

Firehuntah likes this.
  17. Saidur_Ali

Saidur_Ali

It would be an incredible achievement if he manages to race this weekend given the timings involved. Good to see he is feeling better which is the main thing.
    In other news, W Abu Dhabi gave Stoffel a drive - PS3 with GT5 AE :D.

ps3-vandoorne-976x542.jpg

18. GTFan24

GTFan24

So ummmm... Mazepin did something stupid again

19. Rossell2

Rossell2

So this Mazepin bloke has gone and got himself in the poo again. This one might not last next year to be honest. Search twitter for the trends to see what's up, I'm not posting it here.

ThePotatoKing and kungtotte_ like this.
  20. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

Mazepin is fast, I'll give him that...

Indeed, has any F1 driver in history managed to bring the sport, his team and their sponsors into disrepute so quickly before?

F1 won't survive with people like him in the sport, it's as simple as that.

Sabertooth likes this.
  21. Famine

Famine Administrator

The Gunther memes have already started.

22. Dennisch

Dennisch Premium

The Russian dollars are more important than the team's popularity.

Spacegoat and SpaceMaN47y0 like this.
  23. Touring Mars

Touring Mars Moderator

What popularity?

Spacegoat and Dennisch like this.
  24. SpaceMaN47y0

SpaceMaN47y0

Laughs in American.

25. Dennisch

Dennisch Premium

The ehm, thing is, ehm that, ehm.

Pretty colours!

26. MarcoM

MarcoM

F1 and Haas should step up. Remove Mazepin.

ROAD_DOGG33J likes this.
  27. McLaren

McLaren Premium

Aren't Russell's & Bottas' current contracts set to expire next year? I would assume Toto is waiting til' a more appropriate time to talk to Russell or by this point, already dropped private hints Russell's got a prime Tier 1 seat waiting in 2022.
    Is Mazepin the guy who got accused of making sexual remarks to a woman? I recall hearing some allegations regarding that issue, but it got passed over so quickly at the time.

Edit* Oh wow, this kid apparently has a history of controversy according to this Reddit post.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
    Rossell2 likes this.
  28. Dotini

Dotini Premium

There have been numerous F1 drivers arrested or convicted of minor offenses. Perhaps Sutil was a bad one.

But Pierre Levegh and Mike Hawthorn did something so horrible in terms of racing judgment it certainly curtailed and almost ended international motorsports itself for a number of years. Mercedes-Benz and all US manufacturers either immediately or soon withdrew from motorsports.

Sabertooth likes this.
  29. PeterJB

PeterJB Premium

Last edited: Dec 9, 2020
  30. Rossell2

Rossell2

OK it's worse than I thought.