2021 F1 Driver ThreadFormula 1 

It's ridiculous, Russel is a great driver, but W11 is so good that he hits best lap during car controls intro. Too many question for Toto why he keep Bottas for so many years.

Yuki Tsunoda now has enough points for a super license. This will highly likely mean that he replaces Kvyat at Alpha Tauri.

It's incredible how people from other teams are talking to one another. It's almost as if they've all worked in the same travelling roadshow for years!

Yeah I know, their discussion could be anything, from Checo being seriously considered for that 2nd RB seat, to Marko just simply asking for some Mexican chili to go with his nachos and tequila.

I normally try to avoid reading too much into stuff like this, but Bottas and Russell have both removed any mentions of Mercedes and Williams from their Instagram bios...
Yeah I came here to mention this as well. Although stuff like this usually means nothing, you can’t deny that it’s pretty unusual for both of them do to that at all, let alone at the same time. I mean looking at it this way, if I was a driver for either team, I don’t think I’d ever remove that from my Instagram bio unless it was for a really good reason. On top of that, you have to realize that they probably know exactly how big of a deal it is to remove something of that nature.

Last edited:

Lewis' first appearance since he became ill. Judging by the video I generally don't believe we'll see him at Abu Dhabi. It is good to see this though as I was starting to get worried from the lack of information.

He definitely looks like he may have had a bit of a rough go with the virus, commentators even reported once during the race he wasn't asymptomatic. He appears optimistic about getting back into the car, so doesn't sound like the team, FIA, or health officials have told him he can't race yet.

While I don't necessarily expect it, I wouldn't be too surprised if the team asked Lewis to skip the race and make sure he was 100% recovered. They've already got both championships sewn up and there's no need to risk a serious incident by having him try to drive if he's still not well. And if Williams is okay with letting Russell have another go, I'd imagine Mercedes would like to make up for the clown show that they put him through last weekend and get some more evaluation on how well he handles the car.

Some tweet I seen on reddit

upload_2020-12-8_17-34-48.png

Last edited:
So, Valterri posted this earlier....

2j328equcz361.jpg

...which, on one hand, I'm 99% sure is him trolling the F1 fanbase.

On the other hand, and this is pretty much a shower thought, but considering the fact that Williams is under completly new ownership, it would be something if Mercedes and Williams announced a much tighter technical alliance, basically turning Williams into the Mercedes B-Team, and part of that deal involves swapping Bottas and Russell.

Again, highly unlikely, but a possibility at least.

Lewis' first appearance since he became ill. Judging by the video I generally don't believe we'll see him at Abu Dhabi. It is good to see this though as I was starting to get worried from the lack of information.

It would be an incredible achievement if he manages to race this weekend given the timings involved. Good to see he is feeling better which is the main thing.
So, Valterri posted this earlier....

2j328equcz361.jpg

...which, on one hand, I'm 99% sure is him trolling the F1 fanbase.

On the other hand, and this is pretty much a shower thought, but considering the fact that Williams is under completly new ownership, it would be something if Mercedes and Williams announced a much tighter technical alliance, basically turning Williams into the Mercedes B-Team, and part of that deal involves swapping Bottas and Russell.

Again, highly unlikely, but a possibility at least.
In other news, W Abu Dhabi gave Stoffel a drive - PS3 with GT5 AE :D.

ps3-vandoorne-976x542.jpg

Mazepin is fast, I'll give him that...

Indeed, has any F1 driver in history managed to bring the sport, his team and their sponsors into disrepute so quickly before?

F1 won't survive with people like him in the sport, it's as simple as that.

So this Mazepin bloke has gone and got himself in the poo again. This one might not last next year to be honest. Search twitter for the trends to see what's up, I'm not posting it here.

The Gunther memes have already started.

Some tweet I seen on reddit

View attachment 977071
Aren't Russell's & Bottas' current contracts set to expire next year? I would assume Toto is waiting til' a more appropriate time to talk to Russell or by this point, already dropped private hints Russell's got a prime Tier 1 seat waiting in 2022.
So this Mazepin bloke has gone and got himself in the poo again. This one might not last next year to be honest. Search twitter for the trends to see what's up, I'm not posting it here.
Is Mazepin the guy who got accused of making sexual remarks to a woman? I recall hearing some allegations regarding that issue, but it got passed over so quickly at the time.

Edit* Oh wow, this kid apparently has a history of controversy according to this Reddit post.

Last edited:
Mazepin is fast, I'll give him that...

Indeed, has any F1 driver in history managed to bring the sport, his team and their sponsors into disrepute so quickly before?

F1 won't survive with people like him in the sport, it's as simple as that.
There have been numerous F1 drivers arrested or convicted of minor offenses. Perhaps Sutil was a bad one.

But Pierre Levegh and Mike Hawthorn did something so horrible in terms of racing judgment it certainly curtailed and almost ended international motorsports itself for a number of years. Mercedes-Benz and all US manufacturers either immediately or soon withdrew from motorsports.

Back