2020 Formula 1 Calendar threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Dennisch
  • 525 comments
Unless F1 is preparing to cancel Bahrain, China and Azerbaijan, other races, I can't see how they will have any additional races planned.

My hope is F1 rotates venues year on year by grouping ciruicts. For example, maybe Portimao and Barcelona are grouped as "sister circuits" of sorts, wherein one of them hosts one year, and the other the next year. Similar to how I believe Hockenheim and the Nurburgring used to swap each year.

Gonna be interesting to see the San Marino GP making a return, even if only for one year. Especially with the cars being exponentially faster than they were in 2006.

Azerbaijan
That's a funny way of misspelling Sochi. :dopey:

I'm most curious about Portimao. It will be interesting to see how the cars handle the course; there are some dramatic elevation changes.

Imagine if Codemasters actually bothered to add all the new circuits from this season to F12020. I’d go out and buy the game yesterday.
I don’t think you realise the immense amount of time and effort developer’s put into recreating a circuit in-game.

Nurburgring in October thats going to be cold, could be interesting with graining.

Aside from Bahrain. Abu Dhabi, Vietnam and Malaysia which all seem to just be a matter of when they're confirmed, not if.

I don't Think Street Races are going to be possible for awhile, given the covid bubble they are in and all.

Nurburgring in October thats going to be cold, could be interesting with graining.

I don't Think Street Races are going to be possible for awhile, given the covid bubble they are in and all.

Sources from the BBC suggest is definitely going ahead. But like you I shall remain on the side of skeptical. It seems the only thing holding back a confirmation is whether they can get a 2nd race out there to justify going. Hence Malaysia is on the table.

Interestingly as well, the Imola track maps I've seen from F1.com and other sources show it without the Variante Bassa chicane breaking the straight up which they had before.

Last edited:
I hope they do go with that layout, because Imola was basically impossible to overtake with the chicane as the straight isn't that long.

The old final chicane at Imola hasn't existed since 2007, I don't see his that's a surprise.

It does exist. It may not have been used since then which curiously is the first year F1 didnt host it. It has a slightly different profile now and may be too narrow for current F1 cars but it definitely exists.

I don’t think you realise the immense amount of time and effort developer’s put into recreating a circuit in-game.
They were able to do Vietnam and Zandvoort in a matter of weeks because they started using a new drone scanning procedure. Nothing stopping them from doing that in other circuits. They also already have the data for Portimao from Grid Autosport and Nurburgring from the older F1 games. They also have Imola from Project Cars, since they bought out SMS. So that’s just Mugello to scan. Besides, Codies gets stupid amounts of money from the F1 games’ sales, yet the games are 98% the same year on year. What else have they got to do?

Last edited:
It does exist. It may not have been used since then which curiously is the first year F1 didnt host it. It has a slightly different profile now and may be too narrow for current F1 cars but it definitely exists.
There is a motorbike chicane that goes the other way, but the old chicane is now the pit entry and pit lane

There is a motorbike chicane that goes the other way, but the old chicane is now the pit entry and pit lane

Yes, there is still a chicane in vaguley the same place the F1 chicane was. But its clearly not being used for the F1 this year so its irrelevant.

It'll probably be like Assetto Corsa and Assetto Corsa Competizione where they're both made on completely different platforms and game engines, meaning conversion between them is almost impossible without pretty much the same amount of work as building it from scratch.

Regardless, Codies were contracted to make the game with the initial 22 race calendar and have their hands tied by that. Hopefully common sense will prevail and they'll release a final-calendar DLC package, but don't hold your breath. Even the old Nurburgring model from 2013 will take a lot of work to update it to the 2020 game because again, they've upgraded the game engines and everything since then.

I do quite like that Formula One's hand has been forced and they are visiting tracks that would otherwise never get even close to the calendar because there isn't enough money to be made from them.

Iam sure Codemasters wont be going to all that effort to add these temporary tracks, also iam sure they are too busy ruining Project cars 3

As has been mentioned more than once in the F1 games forum, Codemasters has already said that adding new tracks in this year's game is not possible. Such is the way of having to make a game series on a yearly development cycle, and it's not like they can just pull an EA and disband a couple smaller studios to reallocate more people to it.

Strange question for the experts/anoraks... could teams with a trigger happy finger regarding protests *cough* Red Bull, Ferrari and Renault *cough* appeal to the FIA regarding the legality of both Austrian/Styrian rounds as actual championship rounds, seeing how the circuit hadn't been Grade 1 approved as of the latest appendix in late June? I've always thought/been told that in order to appear on the calendar, a circuit absolutely has to be Grade 1 according to FIA rulesets...
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/circuits_fia20200629.pdf

Strange question for the experts/anoraks... could teams with a trigger happy finger regarding protests *cough* Red Bull, Ferrari and Renault *cough* appeal to the FIA regarding the legality of both Austrian/Styrian rounds as actual championship rounds, seeing how the circuit hadn't been Grade 1 approved as of the latest appendix in late June? I've always thought/been told that in order to appear on the calendar, a circuit absolutely has to be Grade 1 according to FIA rulesets...
https://www.fia.com/sites/default/files/circuits_fia20200629.pdf

I think thats a good question. Hmmmm.

Someone should Twitter Ferrari lol

Iam sure Codemasters wont be going to all that effort to add these temporary tracks, also iam sure they are too busy ruining Project cars 3

They've said all along they won't be so its OK.

Also, Codemaster's have nothing to do with pCars 3 development.

Back