2020 MotoGP championship

Finally Marquez may have competition in Quartararo. I do want to see Quartararo to win the championship. Just bored with Marc at this point just like F1, which I stopped watching in 2018.

Finally Marquez may have competition in Quartararo. I do want to see Quartararo to win the championship. Just bored with Marc at this point just like F1, which I stopped watching in 2018.

MotoGP is different though.

The positions are based way more on skill than F1 will ever be.

Its probably at least 70% rider skill.

In F1 its like 85% car performance

I'm happy to see Rossi on the podium again for sure - almost the same age as myself and watched his rise from 125 to MotoGP over the years. Regarding Marquez I heard an interesting discussion in Midweek Motorsports about how he deals with not being the first, was quite good.

I'm happy to see Rossi on the podium again for sure - almost the same age as myself and watched his rise from 125 to MotoGP over the years. Regarding Marquez I heard an interesting discussion in Midweek Motorsports about how he deals with not being the first, was quite good.

Me too, you almost have to love the doctor. His pace at that age on a bike is beyond impressive.

Marquez is quite mature for his young age. He's an impressive human.

Do you have a link?

MotoGP is different though.

The positions are based way more on skill than F1 will ever be.

Its probably at least 70% rider skill.

In F1 its like 85% car performance

Yup fully agree with you that in MotoGP the rider makes the difference. But ngl it still gets boring to see Marc check out in races like last year. I would happily see Marc win the championship if all races he wins are like the 2018 Dutch GP which was honestly one of the best races of all time.

Yup fully agree with you that in MotoGP the rider makes the difference. But ngl it still gets boring to see Marc check out in races like last year. I would happily see Marc win the championship if all races he wins are like the 2018 Dutch GP which was honestly one of the best races of all time.

Very true, im a big fan of Marquez, but i love tight races where at least 3 riders have a shot at it.

I'm still sad that Rins got injured on the First Raceweekend. i was really hoping for him to be up in the battle this season... and i really like the GSX-RR

Did you not watch Qatar, Mugello, Silverstone, Red Bull Ring, Misano, Thailand or Australia last year?

Did you not watch Qatar, Mugello, Silverstone, Red Bull Ring, Misano, Thailand or Australia last year?

I agree that some of the races you mentioned were very good. I disagree with Silverstone, Misano and Thailand. Also Marc finished 1st or 2nd in every but 1 race last year and won 12 races. That is boring as hell. There was absolutely no championship fight. 2016 and 2017 were miles better. There wasn’t that much of a championship fight in 2016 but 8 different winners on the bounce is madness.

I agree that some of the races you mentioned were very good. I disagree with Silverstone, Misano and Thailand. Also Marc finished 1st or 2nd in every but 1 race last year and won 12 races. That is boring as hell. There was absolutely no championship fight. 2016 and 2017 were miles better. There wasn’t that much of a championship fight in 2016 but 8 different winners on the bounce is madness.
I suppose it depends how you define close racing. If you need a close championship fight to enjoy the sport that's understandable. A fully fit Marc isn't getting challenged for the title any time soon, of course, but in races he is and from loads of riders. For instance, last year each of the top 9 in the championship scored multiple podiums and now there are more riders capable of finishing there (Pecco, Morbidelli, Pol, Mir at least). Compare that to 10 or so years ago when every podium was a mix of Repsol Honda, Factory Yamaha and Casey Stoner fairly spread out with the rest normally miles back.

To put it very simply, if a race is decided on the last lap I'm happy. That is happening more often than ever now.

I'm telling you now; we're looking here at the greatest MotoGP season since 2006. Everything is upside down this year.

I'm actually having fun with this series again.

Bull:censored: penalty for Zarco though, good thing he kept his position at least, but reeks of classic Spanish favoritism.

I'm actually having fun with this series again.

Bull:censored: penalty for Zarco though, good thing he kept his position at least, but reeks of classic Spanish favoritism.

Sorry, this Spanish favouritism is nonsense. Dorna (the Spanish rights holders of MotoGP) have nothing to do with the rules of the racing, that's all decided through the FIM and - specifically - Freddie Spencer, who would've had the authority to administer the penalty. I don't agree with the judgement, but the suggestion that they're favouring Spanish riders is unfounded and false.

Still shocked by how smooth that gravel is. Zarco’s bike didn’t seem like it was effected at all.

Almost want to bet Honda is rethinking the signing of Pol Espargaro after that temper tantrum.

Still shocked by how smooth that gravel is. Zarco’s bike didn’t seem like it was effected at all.

Almost want to bet Honda is rethinking the signing of Pol Espargaro after that temper tantrum.

Pol is way too much of a hot head. Second week in a row when he's got the red mist, made a mistake, then binned it when correcting it.

It was a good race for sure.

Good to see different people mixing it up at the front this year.

Im glad the KTM is competitive. Pol does need to chill, hes fast but needs to reel it in.

Is Marquez back next week?

Latest Posts

Back