2020 MotoGP championship

The Suzuki’s seem to have set themselves up for a good future as well. Two young riders who have developed that much needed consistency especially in the second half of the season. Once Mir started finishing races, he quickly became a title contender. Same with Rins.

I am secondly worried about both Honda and Ducati. A bad season from the factory team, and too many new guys (Jack Miller’s the most experienced rider) to build from.

And I think Honda might’ve taken a step back. I know their two top riders have struggled with injury, but nobody has shown consistency with the bike.

It's not looking too good for Marc Marquez right now.

From Nov 12:
https://the-race.com/motogp/marquez-faces-further-blow-that-could-delay-motogp-return/
his right humerus bone has been left in a considerably worse state than anticipated after two operations to install supportive metal plates.
With each metal plate requiring numerous holes to be drilled into his arm, the bone is understood to have been structurally compromised by the repeated surgeries
Marquez is now facing the potential need for a bone graft, likely with a piece removed from the iliac crest of his pelvis.

It seems they well and truly made a total mess of his arm :indiff:

Don't wanna say too much until something more official gets said, but that kind of situation has hallmarks of Mick Doohan's first leg break about it... But that didn't stop him winning 5 titles.

Last edited:
Jocke their was an article in MCN, both arms, been hurt same way. Possibility have more damage, comes off again.
I feel pretty bad for Marc how his team and his doctors handled all this.
Hindsight is always 20/20 and all that, but I'm still left wondering how they could have royally
screwed up this badly. They should have never allowed him to return so soon, and they should
have looked at better options for the healing process.

It sounds as though the inner workings of his arm has been totally mangled. Poor guy.
I might just be too overly dramatic but this will be one hell of a comeback if he should manage to
return to his winning ways. I have my doubts at the moment though.

Back