2020 MotoGP championship

It was a good race for sure.

Good to see different people mixing it up at the front this year.

Im glad the KTM is competitive. Pol does need to chill, hes fast but needs to reel it in.

Is Marquez back next week?

Marquez is out: https://www.autosport.com/motogp/news/151454/marquez-to-miss-styrian-gp-to-continue-recovery

Glad Quartararo got a decent finish after his little off-road excursion, as Marquez is still kinda in the championship hunt. And we always see plenty of riders battle at the front, just in previous years, it was usually just to finish 2-3 on the podium behind the Honda.

I'm starting to wonder how good that Honda bike is. Outside of a few good runs in the last few years by Crutchlow, it's been since Valencia 2017 that a Repsol Honda bike not ridden by Marc Marquez has podiumed (not a word, but works), let alone win.

I'm starting to wonder how good that Honda bike is. Outside of a few good runs in the last few years by Crutchlow, it's been since Valencia 2017 that a Repsol Honda bike not ridden by Marc Marquez has podiumed (not a word, but works), let alone win.

I don’t follow MotoGP that closely but I heard multiple times in the last 1-2 years that Honda builds their bike completely around Marquez and his genius combined with the bike puts them on the top - and it pretty much doesn’t work for anyone else. As of today the top Honda rider is Nakagami at 6th and while Honda is 5th in the constructors’ standing with the same points as Nakagami. It says a lot is say about where Honda stands.

MM hasn’t scored any point so far, will miss at least 6 out of 15 races - while not impossible but I wouldn’t count on him coming back from this in this season to be honest.

If Marquez comes back to win it (i hope so, im a fan) it will be the best comeback ever.

He already risked too much when he shouldn't have, I'm honestly not sure whether he would be mentally fit enough this year to come back from dead last to champion - unless the current top riders score basically nothing and he wins all 9 rounds (provided he can return for the 7th round).

Very lucky to have no fatalities after that crash.
Fingers crossed for the next 1, I hope Dovi shoves it up Ducatis noses again next week.
Mcphee into 2nd place in moto3 standings.
Lowes was a last gasp place swap in the moto2 race and going well.
It's about time ch4 or BBC bought the rights to this series.

You're just now realising this? Hopefully Honda will catch on soon, too.

So, is Crutchlow out next season for definite or is a move to Aprilia/ Ktm on the cards?

Alternatively, he could push Haslam out of WSB and partner Bautista.

So, is Crutchlow out next season for definite or is a move to Aprilia/ Ktm on the cards?

Alternatively, he could push Haslam out of WSB and partner Bautista.

I think he said that he doesn’t want to go to WSBK earlier this year but who knows.

How an they be allowed to put new tyres on when theres a restart?

A great race though and a brilliant spot by Hodgson to say they got the pit board wrong when it was specifying +0 and then he went defensive for no reason.

Misano next in 3 weeks time.

It's frustrating that Mir had a certain-looking victory taken away by a red flag, but the events of the final lap made up for it.

It's the best of both worlds right now - KTM getting multiple wins now while none of them are going to that douchebag Espargaro.

A great race though and a brilliant spot by Hodgson to say they got the pit board wrong when it was specifying +0 and then he went defensive for no reason.

Misano next in 3 weeks time.

I know it's crazy, huh? The reason though is that it's like a new race. The previous laps completed only set the start order for the new shortened race. And going by the rules it has to do with the number of laps completed, more than 3 laps and less than 75% or original race distance... been a while since I looked at them. I do know that the bikes, any bike, can be repaired or replaced - so MotoGP guys can grab their other bike.

I've enjoyed Marquez (the 93) not being there, would like to see him beat on track but it sure has made this season interesting, so far. I hope Mir wins one and Binder wins another!!

Last I checked it is the same case in F1 - you can change tyres under red flag conditions.

Unfortunately for Mir and Nakagami they didn't have any more new tyres to swap to after the red flag.

So far it is easily the most memorable season I have seen since 2006.

He'll probably be coming back, next, brothers been good to watch, last race.

Its back to back at Aragon so maybe the 2nd race he'll be back.

Alex is definitely improving. I just dont want Quartararo to win it.

I hope Dovi can show Ducati the middle finger and win it then deuce out.

That was a good race. Really starting to wonder if Yamaha has been hiring from the Ferrari strategists. They just were lost.

Is Pol’s 2021 move to Honda exclusively for the Repsol team, or could Honda instead put him on whatever Honda team they want? Because I’m not sure if Alex rallies and wins a few they’d still send him to a satellite effort to get someone who hasn’t done much of anything in his career.

That was a good race. Really starting to wonder if Yamaha has been hiring from the Ferrari strategists. They just were lost.

Is Pol’s 2021 move to Honda exclusively for the Repsol team, or could Honda instead put him on whatever Honda team they want? Because I’m not sure if Alex rallies and wins a few they’d still send him to a satellite effort to get someone who hasn’t done much of anything in his career.

Im wondering the same about Pol, hes inconsistency isnt a good selling point. And Alex is obviously becoming much more comfortable on the bike.

Nakagami on pole! Way to show Honda you mean business by scoring your first pole the day after getting a new contract.

But just another example of nobody seemingly wanting to win the title. Mir and Dovi completely looking lost this weekend. Though my money is on Rins making that final push.

Good race from Morbidelli!

Rins and Mir coming through.

Mir has my vote for the championship. Hes been a dark horse all season. Just plugging away in the background.

Just watched the race. Mir destroyed all comers today. Another fun race. And Nakagami just short of a podium again. He’s getting there.

Yamaha is turning into the pre- Rossi ‘04, where they just can’t seem to get anything right. What I love about the class. It’s all over the place. 2020 just ramped it up ten fold.

Just watched the race. Mir destroyed all comers today. Another fun race. And Nakagami just short of a podium again. He’s getting there.

Yamaha is turning into the pre- Rossi ‘04, where they just can’t seem to get anything right. What I love about the class. It’s all over the place. 2020 just ramped it up ten fold.

Im a big Marquez fan, but it has been an amazing season.

I wish F1 could get to this level of entertainment.

Back