2020 NASCAR Discussion ThreadNASCAR 

• Thread starter Dylan
  • 1,582 comments
What the hell did I just watch... Please tell me the 500 isn’t going to be like that with this package...

I would not be surprised if the last 20 laps were. But they were last year as well. There was only about 12 competitive cars left running at the end.

So I am going with Quinn Houff to win the Daytona 500 based on today's debacle. Reason being it is the 30 year anniversary of his car owner Derrike Cope pulling the last lap pass on old deadbeat Dale for the win, and he'll be so far back but remain on the lead lap that he will avoid the chaos.

What if they forced the clash teams to run with their 500 car... Would make them protect their machinery more
Would be unfair unless they made a race for cars not in Clash, also not allow people to do the Morgan Shepherd thing run 3 laps and then park it.

I miss the days when the drivers drove smart and took care of their equipment.

No doubt. When I watch a random plate race from the '90's, there's next to no bump drafting. When the camera is focused on an on-board, the driver is always lifting or dragging the brake a couple of feet behind the car in front. The drivers were much more careful and didn't tear their cars up, yet the racing was still usually pretty fun to watch.

NASCAR needs to add something to the name as it simply being "NASCAR Cup Series" sounds weird (reminds me of when Winston sponsored them so they called it just "Cup Series" on games and toys). My suggestion would be to name the "cup" after a legend of the sport. Petty would probably be the most obvious since it's a name that's been around since the start.

If they named it after someone, it wouldn’t make much sense to be anything other than Bill France. But I don’t think it’ll happen since they like changing the trophy every few years.

“To honor the legacy of the sport’s founding family, NASCAR today announced that the Bill France Cup will be awarded to the champion of the NASCAR Cup Series, beginning in 2020.”

We are psychic.

Apparently it’s the same trophy as the Monster Energy Cup was, with the outlines of the tracks on it, just with a new name.

Cars have fired their engines.

I have a feeling that at least the first race will be a complete gong show because of the rain.

So Fox latinamerica no only will priotize WWE and Formula E over NASCAR this weekend, they ALSO swapped the awesome duo of commentators (Tony Rivera and Luis Solis) with two dead-end argentines...

REALLY FOX!!!??? :banghead:

Good duel so far btw ;);)

Nice to see that Suarez will be watching the race. I bet Gaunt Brothers Racing wished they kept an actual driver in Parker Kligerman rather than a NASCAR gimmick that failed miserably

Commentary apparently took sleeping pills before the race as even a truck being upside down didn’t get them excited. :lol:

Edit: Kind of worrying how easily that truck flipped. Hopefully it’s not going to be a regular occurrence.

Nice to see that Suarez will be watching the race. I bet Gaunt Brothers Racing wished they kept an actual driver in Parker Kligerman rather than a NASCAR gimmick that failed miserably
Nice to see you have hate for another driver than just Chase for no discernible reason...

Jordan Anderson gained a fan tonight. He came out on the short end of the slam by Enfinger, which was a Hail Mary move. Cheap win in my view.

Coming to the line, pace car about to pull off, green about to fly. 10 days of practice, qualifying, and support races, building up to this.

Mother Nature: *spills drink*

Something tells me that it may not happen today.
Latest radar has more rain in a good band coming.
If they can't get to half way it most likely should just be postponed.

Back