2020 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 827 comments
Yeah it was Sandown (my memory thanks you for this google :dopey:) , apparently a bolt fell out of place and jammed the suspension according to this article. https://www.foxsports.com.au/motors...9/news-story/79b7c55dfc5edc1b34763d706d66c4e6

The rear failure was under very similar circumstances though. Both times he was really pushing hard.
https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/11/10/van-gisbergen-just-gutted-by-late-failure/
It seems as though T8 have to engineer some SVG grade suspension parts - just so they can withstand a thrashing when he’s on a charge.

They will probably end up slightly heavier, but if they get him to the chequered flag first instead of a DNF, that’s gotta be worth it.

Didn't 888 have at least one similar failure last year? I thought SVG had one let go, but I'm far from positive.

.... and Pye's were the same.

Know the failure was in a different place but isn't Pye driving SVG's car from last year? What a weird coincidence. :crazy:

Really felt for Pye. First the control arm and then getting caught up in De Pasquale's spin. He had absolutely no luck.

Mostert is my lord and saviour.:lol:

Maybe not, but he's the one to make Walkinshaw great again. Getting used to a new team must be hard, but it definitely didn't seem that way on track. I guess you could say that he's restored my faith...

Mostert is my lord and saviour.:lol:

Maybe not, but he's the one to make Walkinshaw great again. Getting used to a new team must be hard, but it definitely didn't seem that way on track. I guess you could say that he's restored my faith...

Trying not to get my expectations up too much. But it's a promising start and getting a result so early in the season probably takes a little bit of the pressure off. Hopefully they can continue to improve.

Now Scotty is also confirming the issue with the Gurney:
“I certainly noticed last year when they put the double gurney-flap on the Holden, following that car was definitely difficult.

“Then putting a double-gurney on our car as well and taking some front downforce away, it’s always going to have a bit of aero-wash.
https://www.supercars.com/news/championship/mclaughlin-expecting-mixed-up-grid-agp/

They should've known, even I did.... last friggin year :rolleyes:
More much needed aero changes for the Nissan. They should have been on to this a lot earlier really, I mean they only had to look at the Holden and Ford rear wings to notice huge differences.... and they weren't designed like that for looks.

It does make me wonder if this will make the Nissan even harder to follow than it is now. Gurney flaps on the boot lid are a step further away from good racing.

https://www.speedcafe.com/2019/10/04/further-aerodynamic-change-for-altima-supercar/

Thanks :cheers:. In NZ he mentioned the Nissan and his team mate when saying they're hard to follow so fair chance it was either of those makes.

Unfortunately this issue is directly linked to the introduction of the new gurney flaps on those two makes :indiff:.

Adderton probably has something to do with that, given what he did to GRM. Clearly a clash between JC and management, and with Courtney's ego that was never going to end well!

Clearly a clash between JC and management,

Sounds like it's that more than anything else. Boost were only there as a personal sponsor of Courtney. Don't think they had much say in things.

Can we get rid of Tekno and have GRM back, please? :lol:

Sounds like it's that more than anything else. Boost were only there as a personal sponsor of Courtney. Don't think they had much say in things.

Can we get rid of Tekno and have GRM back, please? :lol:
With all that GRM have on their plate with TCR & S5000, I don't think they'll be missing Supercars, or rushing back anytime soon.

With all that GRM have on their plate with TCR & S5000, I don't think they'll be missing Supercars, or rushing back anytime soon.
This.

They have situated GRM perfectly. Courtney could jump back in a formula car and TCR easily. Use that Boost sponsorship for both and he still gets to race at Bathurst(potentially) in an enduro, TCR and S5000.

Yeah, I feel like Webbhead said he'll drive the car every now and again, with JC in the passenger seat.

So out of curiosity, what happens if Team Sydney pull out entirely. Or if they don't get a replacement for Courtney?
It’s a $300k fine per REC if you don’t show.

It’d be cheaper to donate the drive to anyone qualified, with strict instructions to start the race & return to pit lane on lap 1 so they can park the car.

It’s a $300k fine per REC if you don’t show.

It’d be cheaper to donate the drive to anyone qualified, with strict instructions to start the race & return to pit lane on lap 1 so they can park the car.
I thought it was $300k too but according to Mark Fogarty, and he's normally pretty accurate, it's $150k. Perhaps Supercars has changed it?
The future of Team Sydney is unknown. The team is committed to running two cars all season, facing a fine of $150,000 for each event per entry it misses, ultimately resulting in the withdrawal of its REC/s.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Webb has certainly made a name for himself. He's his own worst enemy. This from MF as well;
We could try to contact team principal Jonathon Webb for comment, but our bitter experience is that our calls will not be returned – despite his protestations that the media doesn’t reach out to his team.

That is simply not true.
https://autoaction.com.au/2020/02/29/team-sydney-on-the-skids

I thought it was $300k too but according to Mark Fogarty, and he's normally pretty accurate, it's $150k. Perhaps Supercars has changed it?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Webb has certainly made a name for himself. He's his own worst enemy. This from MF as well;

https://autoaction.com.au/2020/02/29/team-sydney-on-the-skids
Ok, thanks for that update.

I remember when John Faulkner failed to show at Winton (for reasons I can't recall), he was fined $300k & was never seen again. RECs taken back, cars, everything sold.

I can see the future for Webb looking very similar to Lucas Dumbrell. Much like Lucas, he only has himself to blame for being a tight arse & failing to update his cars.

The photo of their pit on Friday in Adelaide, showing SVG 97 from 2015 only reinforces this. :rolleyes:

I remember Betty saying they'd have a hefty fine if they couldn't get the E63s or their converted Commodores, ready in time for the first race.

Courtney is going to be on RPM this afternoon. Who knows how much detail he'll go into though.

Just going off his attitude at the Gold Coast event last year. That does not surprise me at all. I bet Le Brocq is having a good chuckle at all of this.

Just read some news on the Cadillac CT4. Wonder if there could be a case made to race that here. It'll probably live longer than the Camaro. So, if GM are still looking to export models, in their speciality branding to Australia, I feel it could work.

Back