2020 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 827 comments
Alex Davison rumored to be filling the vacant Tekno seat for this weekend.

Edit: Confirmed on the Supercars site that the deal is for the rest of the season. And we have a new contender for most uninspiring livery of the year.

image2.jpeg

Still though. Good that they have been able to find sponsorship.

Last edited:
Hey Ryan they've been able to run a Supercars branded engine since the introduction of COTF. Remember GRM were going to run a Supercars branded Chev engine in the Volvo but Volvo wouldn't let them.

It's also odd that the two teams backing this roll hoop drop to happen next year both run Walkinshaw engines :odd:. It all sounds like a clever business ploy to get GM to back GMSV WAU with a GM product... which I'm not against but FFS let the Mustang run at least 1 year with no adjustments (I think there'll be more this year so I'm referring to 2021) or Supercars may lose Ford too!

Edit: This PB tribute livery for Chaz this weekend looks good 👍 The white sides look far better imo.

Mostert-1200x800.jpg

Last edited:
Hey Ryan they've been able to run a Supercars branded engine since the introduction of COTF. Remember GRM were going to run a Supercars branded Chev engine in the Volvo but Volvo wouldn't let them.

It's also odd that the two teams backing this roll hoop drop to happen next year both run Walkinshaw engines :odd:. It all sounds like a clever business ploy to get GM to back GMSV WAU with a GM product... which I'm not against but FFS let the Mustang run at least 1 year with no adjustments (I think there'll be more this year so I'm referring to 2021) or Supercars may lose Ford too!

Edit: This PB tribute livery for Chaz this weekend looks good 👍 The white sides look far better imo.

View attachment 899098
Oh now I have to change my livery in GT Sport...:lol:

Watching Practice 2 right now. Why on earth don't the cars have the numbers on the side in the style displayed on the tv screen?!!

How cool would each driver's respective number look on their car?
15839882978624628377963633084797.jpg

The stylised numbers seem a bit redundant due to that fact. They’re not immediately relatable to the team/driver from a stylistic standpoint. That and not all of them are exactly easy to read.

What ever happened to the teams using individual fonts for the window numbers though? Wasn’t really a fan of that either but it seemed to have been completely forgotten about.

The stylised numbers seem a bit redundant due to that fact. They’re not immediately relatable to the team/driver from a stylistic standpoint. That and not all of them are exactly easy to read.

What ever happened to the teams using individual fonts for the window numbers though? Wasn’t really a fan of that either but it seemed to have been completely forgotten about.
GRM still do side numbers on their race cars. It's something I wish would have caught on.

Is there any footage of Jones accident? Missed the coverage today but Supercars said it was 16G impact. They didn’t post any footage of it though

Edit: Watched the replay on Kayo. He was absolutely flying through the kitty litter, would’ve hit the wall an absolute tonne. Unlucky it was properly caught on camera.

Last edited:
With news that F1 might be cancelled, is there any talk of the same happening for V8's ?
As selfish as it is I would really like to be able to watch some racing this weekend before everything really does turn to 🤬.

As selfish as it is I would really like to be able to watch some racing this weekend before everything really does turn to 🤬.

Yeah, I'm feeling the same way.

If/when the F1 is cancelled, it's probably in the greater interest that Supercars follow suit. Safety should be the top priority. At least until things calm down a little (that looks like it's going take a while though. :nervous:).

With news that F1 might be cancelled, is there any talk of the same happening for V8's ?
From what I've read it depends on who makes the decision to cancel. If it's the Government decision to cancel the F1's then all bets are off, but from what I can gather it seems like if F1 themselves pull the plug then maybe it could go ahead (BIG maybe). I haven't read anything from what I'd call a reliable source though.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/motors...d-if-f1-gp-is-called-off-20200305-p5471i.html

Also:
a ninth case involving a member of an Australian-based Supercars team is pending.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/motors...oronavirus-tests-reports-20200313-p549mr.html

... and I saw Zac Brown in the WAU garage yesterday during the telecast. My personal opinion is that the internationals should not be mingling, especially after one of Brown's team members has tested positive.

... and I saw Zac Brown in the WAU garage yesterday during the telecast. My personal opinion is that the internationals should not be mingling, especially after one of Brown's team members has tested positive.

Yeah I saw that too, thought it was a bit weird and risky given the situation.

Oh well I guess we have to keep fingers crossed that everyone stays safe and maybe get a least a little bit of racing in before the inevitable happens.

On a positive note, that practice session where they had Crofty in the commentary booth was funny as, really enjoyed that.

There'll be an announcement at 11.30am EST about the support categories according to the live telecast. It's not looking good though unless it's with a totally revised schedule as they've already missed their qualifying session. :(

There'll be an announcement at 11.30am EST about the support categories according to the live telecast. It's not looking good though unless it's with a totally revised schedule as they've already missed their qualifying session. :(

Supercars are looking at holding another round later in the year to make up for the loss of this one.

Hopefully things are a lot better by then.

I'm dreaming about a second round at Bathurst. :lol:

Seriously got to think it'll be either P.I or Queensland Raceway.
QR has safety concerns so the only reason I can see it being there is to appease the QLD based teams for travelling to VIC for bugger all.

Phillip Island makes a lot more sense & we can only dream of a second visit to the Mount.

250km open strategy, any way you like would be nice.

I wouldn’t be surprised with a second event at The Bend, with all the money the Shahin’s have to throw around.

Guessing the Hampton Downs round is now off the cards. Seems unlikely that we'll get a full season. Sucks but there's obviously more important things to worry about at the moment.

Guessing the Hampton Downs round is now off the cards. Seems unlikely that we'll get a full season. Sucks but there's obviously more important things to worry about at the moment.

This is being reviewed in 16 days at the end of March so hopefully, the ban will be lifted by then and no more events have to be rescheduled

I was really hoping this wouldn't affect this championship. I niavely thought it would be Ok. I know I'm being selfish but Im so gutted about all the Motorsport that's getting cancelled. I suppose this is a taste of things to come with the electric car future, ie no Motorsport :(

All Supercars rounds postponed until June.

E-Sport series involving all the real Supercars drivers is set to kick off in the next couple weeks. Will be broadcast on Fox, Kayo and streamed free on Supercars website.

I for one am very excited about the E-Sport series. It will be interesting to see how the young guys, who probably have more sim experience, go in (virtually) equal machinery to the old guard.

Latest Posts

Back