2020 Virgin Australia Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 827 comments
All Supercars rounds postponed until June.

E-Sport series involving all the real Supercars drivers is set to kick off in the next couple weeks. Will be broadcast on Fox, Kayo and streamed free on Supercars website.

I for one am very excited about the E-Sport series. It will be interesting to see how the young guys, who probably have more sim experience, go in (virtually) equal machinery to the old guard.
I don't know what I'm supposed to do without Supercars for 3 months... It was agonizing enough waiting for the season to start. Now that everything has been thrown up in the air, I don't know if I'll be going to The Bend in September...

Hate it but it is the sensible decision.

I'm really looking forward to Eseries. Hopefully all the teams and drivers get behind it.

All Supercars rounds postponed until June.

E-Sport series involving all the real Supercars drivers is set to kick off in the next couple weeks. Will be broadcast on Fox, Kayo and streamed free on Supercars website.

I for one am very excited about the E-Sport series. It will be interesting to see how the young guys, who probably have more sim experience, go in (virtually) equal machinery to the old guard.
Knew it was going to happen. The Mustang and ZB should be ready.

I'm hoping TCR Australia can do the same in the near future. At least to have a continued virtual championship, if/when things normalise.

I think I read somewhere they were going to live stream it on their website.

Yep. 👍
The all-star Supercars Eseries is set to be broadcast on Fox Sports and Kayo, as well as being streamed on Twitch, Supercars.com and social media channels.

I'm quite eager for this. Looks like it's going to be good fun to watch.

While Rick tries to figure the sim thing out. Will Davison has way too much time on his hands. :lol:

upload_2020-3-29_22-27-27.png

It is funny but he’s exactly the kind of person online in GT Sport that we always complain about. :lol:

The provisional calendar for the Supercars eSeries is out.

Round 1: Phillip Island and Monza (April 8)

Round 2: Silverstone and Barcelona (April 15)

Round 3: Mount Panorama (April 22)

Round 4: Montreal and Watkins Glen (April 29)

Round 5: Spa and Nürburgring (May 6)

Round 6: Circuit of the Americas and Sebring (May 13)

Round 7: Daytona Speedway and Talladega SuperSpeedway (May 20)

Round 8: Imola and Interlagos (May 27)

Round 9: Road Atlanta and Road America (June 3)

Round 10: Oran Park and Mount Panorama (June 10)

Article: https://www.speedcafe.com/2020/04/02/provisional-supercars-eseries-calendar-includes-talladega/

Looks like a pretty solid line up of circuits. The oval races will be wild, free for alls. I’d perhaps replace either of the two ovals for Bristol, just to mix things up.

Knowing Supercar racing isn’t always the best on high speed, high downforce circuits, I’d also replace Silverstone and Barcelona with a couple of tracks that have a similar feel to the classic Australian style short circuit. Lime Rock Park, Laguna Seca or Brands Hatch would make for great races for instance.

Yeah, I would have liked to have seen Laguna Seca and Brands Hatch on the calendar. The ovals should make for some good entertainment though.

Maybe the ovals are for more passing. We rarely get to see multiple passes for the lead in any of the races. On track(rather than pit stop) battles should be fun.

Rick's DIY setup is looking pretty damn good. Love the fact that he's sticking with the camping chair. :lol:

Focus on the good, looks like they have put together a really professional looking series.

And well done to whoever/however they put together all those paint jobs, takes quite a bit of work to get everything looking good for just one car.

Focus on the good, looks like they have put together a really professional looking series.

And well done to whoever/however they put together all those paint jobs, takes quite a bit of work to get everything looking good for just one car.
I'll focus on the good: stick to the race one format. Shorter races are better than this second race.

Its good to mix it up and experiment a little bit, some will work better than others. I have no idea how it will turn out but looking forward to seeing the oval races too.

Yeah that time certain thing kinda sucks but overall that was pretty entertaining, looking forward to the next round.

I love how there were so many ridiculous moments but at the same time it was still serious racing! In a surreal sort of way I want more :lol:

Back