2021/22 Premier League & General Football Discussion

  • Thread starter Thread starter Liquid
  • 1,132 comments
  • 74,460 views
Despite two recent 0-0 draws, Brighton are still in the top 4 of the Prem...
We're just too good.

Should have been top if we had actually beaten Palace.
 
I'm starting to slide towards Ole out and I don't like myself for it, but I don't think anyone else would've had the backing he's had and time he's had and still be in a job at a top club. The issue is, I'm not sure who else I'd want that we can realistically get.
I've seen people point out Conte and Zidane as other options. But probably just some background noise.

United's schedule this month is really tough. Depending on the results, they will tell if Ole stays or goes.

Ajax has been stomping over everyone on that group. 11 goals in 3 matches, that's impressive, specially on a group that was expected to be balanced.

Waiting for today's games now.
 
No surprise about Bruce leaving/getting sacked, however the treatment he has had lately has been horrific, he might not be a world class manager but but there is no way he deserved the abuse he got.

I don't think the new owners at Newcastle have handled this well either.
 
there is no way he deserved the abuse he got
Yeah... no.

Here's a question for you. When did Steve Bruce say the following:

“That was my first managerial job and this might be my last.”
If you said "Wednesday October 20 2021", take a big, fat QI buzzer. It was Thursday January 19 2019, when he started as Sheffield Wednesday manager.

He's an absolute snake. There's a reason he's been not only one of only two people to manage both Sheffield teams*, and one of only three people to manage both Birmingham teams*, and one of only two people to manage Sunderland and Newcastle*, and the only person in history to manage both teams in any one city on two different occasions in world football.

It's because he spells loyalty with a £.

And he's a terrible manager. He sets records for poor win ratios or goals conceded per game at just about every club he goes to (Wednesday actually being an exception), and just steals a living because he used to be a very famous league-winning footballer. Literally in this case - he's walked off with £8m. I don't think he even does recruitment; he definitely didn't at Newcastle or at Wednesday.


I hope he stays true to his word (lol, he won't) and stays retired.

Danny Wilson; Ron Saunders and Alex McLeish; Sam Allardyce
 
I agree @Famine I'd happily be badly treated and sacked by my employer for £8m and I'm one of the lucky people who loves my job.
 
Mourinho ball is back

liuhfJJ.png
 
Here are this weekends games.

Friday.
Arsenal v Aston Villa (8pm Sky)

Saturday.
Brighton v Man City (5.30 Sky)
Chelsea v Norwich (12.30 BT)
Crystal Palace v Newcastle
Everton v Watford
Leeds v Wolves
Southampton v Burnley

Sunday.
Brentford v Leicester
Man United v Liverpool (4.30 Sky)
West Ham v Tottenham (2pm Sky)
 
Conte won't join Newcastle mid-season. More likely Lampard gets the job as interim manager to try and keep them up.
 
Graeme Jones will take charge for the next two games, Newcastle were in talks with Fonseca but they haven't spoken since Wednesday.
 
Right. Sorry, I meant once they fire Jones for losing the next two matches with Palace and Chelsea.
 
Just here to let everyone know I played Mason Mount triple Captain in Fantasy league and am currently 83rd in the world this week... 😉

Have to be quick before the 3pm kick offs point scores get updated 😂
 
I forgot to swap Mount into my team.

Though he's sub #1 and I also forgot to swap Lukaku out, so never mind.

Edit: Sub #2 is Emmanuel Dennis, who got 10 today... but Marcos Alonso didn't play, so double-win :lol:


Also Mick McCarthy's free to take over at Newcastle, after leaving Cardiff "by mutual consent" following a ninth successive defeat.
 
Last edited:
Norwich need to be investigated for match fixing.
 
Chelsea 7 (seven)-0 Norwich
Leeds 1-1 Wolves
Southampton 2-2 Burnley
Everton 2-5 Watford
Palace 1-1 Newcastle
Brighton 1-4 City

No Lukaku, No Werner, No problem for Chelsea! Mount with a hat-trick, Hudson-Odoi, Chilwell and James with the other goals and Max Aarons own goal, Norwich were taken apart and had Gibson sent off.

Comfortabe win for Man City but Brighton did pretty well, two from Foden with Gundogan and Mahrez with the other goals, MacAllister penalty for Brighton, Watford had a stunning late comeback after being 2-1 down on 76 minutes! Callum Wilson with an overhead kick for Newcastle and Leeds had a 94th minute penalty equalizer from Rodrigo.
 
Fair warning - if you follow footbally things on your social media, do not look into why Paul Scholes is trending. You will regret it.
 
Fun games today:

14.30: cambuur v feyenoord
16.15: barca v madrid
16.45: ajax v psv
17.30: united v liverpool
18.00: roma v napoli
20.45: inter v juve
 
Fair warning - if you follow footbally things on your social media, do not look into why Paul Scholes is trending. You will regret it.
What a terrible day to have eyes.
 
What a terrible day to have eyes.
You were warned.

Also the chants at Liverpool/Manchester United today should be spectacular.
 
I'm actually missing the game because of work, I have to go in for a stock take...
 
Fair warning - if you follow footbally things on your social media, do not look into why Paul Scholes is trending. You will regret it.
Curiosity killed the cat. You can't just post that and expect people not to go looking! :P

Well, at least she seems like the sort that showers every day. For Pauls sake I hope that's the case...
 
Totally shambolic defending from Man U - almost comical at times...
They seem to be a foot behind every time. Solskjaer needs to get them to nail the basics.
 
They seem to be a foot behind every time. Solskjaer needs to get them to nail the basics.
Player/team performance (good or bad) on the pitch is because it is coached or it is allowed. Solskjaer is accountable for either reason.
 
Toe-curlingly awkward moment on commentary as Gary Neville accidentally calls Fernandes "Penandes".
 
Toe-curlingly awkward moment on commentary as Gary Neville accidentally calls Fernandes "Penandes".
Corny.

3-0. They're looking quite pedestrian. If he can't bring them to heel then on Monday he shouldn't be going in - c'est la fin.
 
Last edited:
Corny.

3-0. They're looking quite pedestrian. If he can't bring them to heel then on Monday he shouldn't be going in - c'est la fin.
Lack of discipline and organization. Positioning is poor out of possession, in possession, transition to attack, transition to defense. When I look at how Liverpool and City play, I can only conclude that Solskjaer and his staff are rubbish.
 
Oooof, nearly shot themselves in the foot there...
 
Back