2023/2024 Ford Mustang

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 246 comments
Or save even more money and get some Commodore wheels.
1676005862236.jpeg

Dark Horse will have optional carbon fiber rims

2024-ford-mustang-dark-horse.jpg

Considering the terrible state of American roads and that it's inevitable that every Mustang conducts at least one curb check in its lifetime, those wheels are gonna get ruined pretty quickly.

Wouldn't be surprised if they end up being an "investment" option only seen on examples that are being stashed away for auction in 10 years.

Wouldn't be surprised if they end up being an "investment" option only seen on examples that are being stashed away for auction in 10 years.
Yeah, i can see them getting the box ticked on the option list along with a 'spare' set of the standard wheels. The CF ones will sit wrapped up on a rack and only fitted when the original owner comes to sell it somewhere down the line.

Mustang pricing

Model/TrimBase PriceMSRP (incl. $1,595 destination fee)
Mustang EcoBoost Fastback$30,920$32,515
Mustang EcoBoost Premium Fastback$36,445$38,040
Mustang EcoBoost Premium Convertible$41,945$43,540
Mustang GT Fastback$41,495$43,090
Mustang GT Premium Fastback$46,015$47,610
Mustang GT Premium Convertible$51,515$53,110
Mustang Dark Horse Fastback$57,970$59,565

By comparison, the outgoing 2023 model slipped just under $30k at $29,145, destination fees included. That's a difference of $3,370 – a significant year-over-year increase but there is an important caveat to consider. The 10-speed automatic is standard-issue for the 2024 Mustang, whereas it was a $1,595 option last year. Taking that into account, an apples-to-apples comparison yields a price difference of $1,775.

What about the least-expensive V8 model? 2024 Mustang GT prices start at $43,090, which is a $3,370 year-over-year increase.

At the top of the Mustang lineup for 2024 is the Dark Horse. Effectively replacing the 2023 Mach 1 Premium, Dark Horse pricing start at $59,565 which is actually $475 less than the previous range-topper.

Finally some shots of the GT3 entry!

Fr2DKDXWIAchWn1

Fr2DKDZWIEYRvk6

Does anybody know more about the new GT3 regs and what all the cars' designs so far somehow look more production-like than GTE cars did? GTE cars all looked like they had a crappy widebody kit slapped on whereas the GT3 cars share more of a production-style design style with their street counterparts. I'm wondering if they have easier aero targets to hit like the LMH and GTP cars which allows the designers more freedom to make them look nice.

Last edited:
CEO of Ford asks the public if they should make a road version of the GT3 race car

Not sure if this is an actual hint or the CEO roleplaying as Elon lol

Well there was always gonna be a hot version(s) of the new Mustang. We've had Cobra, GT350, GT500, Boss, etc. Why not GT3? From an engineering persepctive, it likely wouldn't be a huge departure from something like the GT350 or GT500, it's more of a marketing strategy. I wonder if Porsche has that IP locked up or not. I wouldn't mind a Mustang called BOSS GT3.

That’d be an ice pedigree since the GT3 will race at Le Mans. Similar to when they did the Ford GT GTE and road car. Having a Mustang GT3 road car, tied to a Le Mans Mustang GT3 would be cool.

If Porsche has the GT3 moniker locked in (I doubt it since the GT3 category is a whole thing and the name would be akin to a trim level) then Ford could still use GT350 and it would make sense. That nameplate always was a circuit car and this would be a great excuse to make the most extreme be-winged GT350 yet.

That said, I notice that the GT3 is not using a flat-plane engine which is strange I'd think Ford would've gone all-in on that idea especially for the race car. It reminds me of how GM is using a flat-plane in the Corvette C8R/GT3 but not in the Cadillac GTP.

Well there was always gonna be a hot version(s) of the new Mustang. We've had Cobra, GT350, GT500, Boss, etc. Why not GT3? From an engineering persepctive, it likely wouldn't be a huge departure from something like the GT350 or GT500, it's more of a marketing strategy. I wonder if Porsche has that IP locked up or not. I wouldn't mind a Mustang called BOSS GT3.
I was thinking the Dark Horse was already announced as a track focused Mustang. There's the Dark Horse S and Dark Horse R variants which are track only. I don't think it's clear whether or not the GT3 race car is based on the Dark Horse

If Porsche has the GT3 moniker locked in (I doubt it since the GT3 category is a whole thing and the name would be akin to a trim level) then Ford could still use GT350 and it would make sense. That nameplate always was a circuit car and this would be a great excuse to make the most extreme be-winged GT350 yet.

That said, I notice that the GT3 is not using a flat-plane engine which is strange I'd think Ford would've gone all-in on that idea especially for the race car. It reminds me of how GM is using a flat-plane in the Corvette C8R/GT3 but not in the Cadillac GTP.
Idk...the Voodoo project seemed like kind of a novelty thing. The Coyote is capable of as much power (or more) with a better powerband for a heavy, manual transmission street car. I know it was widely praised for how good it sounded (or at least how loud it was) but I honestly thought the Voodoo sounded like hot trash, particulary at high RPMs - just coarse and unpleasant. Then there were the reliability issues. I think they made the right choice in discontinuing that project. Just give us a 5.5 liter Coyote..that would be an awesome motor, probably capable of 600hp N/A.

Idk...the Voodoo project seemed like kind of a novelty thing. The Coyote is capable of as much power (or more) with a better powerband for a heavy, manual transmission street car. I know it was widely praised for how good it sounded (or at least how loud it was) but I honestly thought the Voodoo sounded like hot trash, particulary at high RPMs - just coarse and unpleasant. Then there were the reliability issues. I think they made the right choice in discontinuing that project. Just give us a 5.5 liter Coyote..that would be an awesome motor, probably capable of 600hp N/A.
I have to imagine they'll use all the regs which will result in exactly that.

Edit: On another note, it is basically impossible to search the actual GT3 regulations. I'm pretty sure 5.5L is the biggest the engine can be but I've spent 30 minutes searching and can't find the damn rule book.

I have to imagine they'll use all the regs which will result in exactly that.

Edit: On another note, it is basically impossible to search the actual GT3 regulations. I'm pretty sure 5.5L is the biggest the engine can be but I've spent 30 minutes searching and can't find the damn rule book.
Pretty sure the AMG GT3 was running a 6.2L. I think the power is constrained with restrictor plates rather than displacement limits.

Pretty sure the AMG GT3 was running a 6.2L. I think the power is constrained with restrictor plates rather than displacement limits.
I'd really love to find the rules haha. I could've sworn the whole reason the Corvette Z06 switched to a 5.5L flat-plane was to homologate the future GT3 car. Otherwise I don't see why they didn't just stick with the 6.2, sort of like how Ford spent all that money but isn't going to race the Voodoo.

2024 Mustang configurator is up. A GT Premium model is in the 50k range sans markups, and can easily be optioned past 60k, and the color-shift option featured on the Dark Horse seems to be missing.

The only options I would actually want are the 3.73 rear axle ratio and the Recaros. But you have to get the premium trim, the performance package AND the recaro package just for those two items, which is ~$14k worth of options. I hate the way options are locked behind packages in new cars.

The only options I would actually want are the 3.73 rear axle ratio and the Recaros. But you have to get the premium trim, the performance package AND the recaro package just for those two items, which is ~$14k worth of options. I hate the way options are locked behind packages in new cars.
Which is funny because the Bronco has a different philosophy to packages and options. Lots of individual options, the good stuff is an option on any trim, and there are literally dozens of trims to choose from.

All I see on the drift car is that awful hood gap and I know that's what every instagram-handle-wearing, salvage-titled 5.0 Mustang is going to look like 4 years from now.

Ford Mustang GT3

They plan to race it at Le Mans and IMSA in 2024

1686328310144.png

1686328328675.png

1686328336247.png

1686328346870.png

1686328410756.png

Ford has officially taken the wraps off its Mustang GT3 ahead of the car’s competition debut in 2024 that will include a planned FIA World Endurance Championship customer program with Proton Competition.

Unveiled Friday at Le Mans, the Multimatic-built car, based on the all-new 2024 Mustang Dark Horse, was presented in a special livery from Troy Lee, featuring the new Ford Performance logo and branding.

It will race in the new LMGT3 category of the WEC, with a planned two-car program from longtime Porsche squad Proton. Ford’s entry in the class is subject to a decision by the WEC Selection Committee.

The Blue Oval will also be represented in the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship’s GTD Pro class with a two-car factory Multimatic-run effort, while additional customers beyond Proton are expected in various other GT3-eligible series.

Ford is poised to make its return to the 24 Hours of Le Mans for the first time since 2019 when Chip Ganassi Racing fielded factory Ford GTs. The team won the GTE-Pro class in its debut in 2016.

Ford, meanwhile, has confirmed a larger displacement for the M-Sport tuned, Coyote-based V8 engine, which was originally announced in January 2022 to be a 5.0 liter powerplant but has been increased to 5.4 liters in size.

The car, which has been testing in North America since March, features a bespoke short-long arm suspension, rear-mounted transaxle gearbox, carbon fiber body panels, as well as an aero package developed to meet GT3 targets.“

“For a project like the Mustang GT3, we turned to two of our most trusted partners in the motorsports world (Multimatic and M-Sport) to help bring this vehicle and program together,” said Ford Performance Motorsports global director Mark Rushbrook.

Ford Mustang GT3

They plan to race it at Le Mans and IMSA in 2024

View attachment 1263663

View attachment 1263664

View attachment 1263665

View attachment 1263666

View attachment 1263667
Damn that looks good.

Back