Gran Turismo World Series Exhibition Seasons Return, Beginning February 28

• Thread starter Pfei
  • 9,502 comments
Also, the next and final online round is supposed to be "Top 12 Countries", whatever that means, but I don't see anything about that either.
It's a regular online round, but the formatting on the original image was extremely unclear about that. The top 12 countries are selected only after Round 7.

You make very good points about how these are determined though; I have no idea myself.

I might end up skipping or just do a quick one and done for the heck of it.
I ended up going with the one and done.

Surprisingly it was a fun and enjoyable race. P3 which matches my best finish in Nations event. The no stop strategy allowed me to go from P6 to P3 when the others ahead of me stopped.
FB0A6ADF-F4A7-44FE-AB35-B4268392FF8D.jpeg

Speaking of those teams... Brazil has to be a strong favorite, right? All 3 of those drivers have the potential to take an individual championship. Italy, Spain, France, maybe Japan could also be good, but, I don't see any other team with that kind of quality across all 3 drivers.

Speaking of those teams... Brazil has to be a strong favorite, right? All 3 of those drivers have the potential to take an individual championship. Italy, Spain, France, maybe Japan could also be good, but, I don't see any other team with that kind of quality across all 3 drivers.
Well Miyazono, Kokubun and Yamanaka sounds pretty darn strong to me. But we'll have to see, I reckon one of those 5 you mentioned would be the winner.

Well Miyazono, Kokubun and Yamanaka sounds pretty darn strong to me. But we'll have to see, I reckon one of those 5 you mentioned would be the winner.
None of those are in the top 3 or, as far as I can tell, anywhere close. The current top 3 for Japan is tokari71 (Rikuto Kobayashi, who is currently leading Japanese F4 and apparently turns 18 this year before the Showdown), たくあん (Takuan, I don't know what his real name is) and CRV (Seiya Suzuki).

Last edited:
There's chance that Malaysia might bump off Hong Kong as the secondary Asian country in the Showdown this year (it had been almost always Hong Kong):
1685487533750.png

Per country-standings:
  1. Japan / 1st
  2. Malaysia / 7th
    ---COUNTRY CAP CUTLINE--
  3. Hong Kong / 11th
  4. Singapore / 21st*
  5. Indonesia / 32th
  6. Taiwan / 52th^
  7. South Korea / 52th^
  8. China PR / 70th
  9. Thailand / (not in top 100)

*Chuupaghetti, who's occupying that position is a Philippine driver under Singapore flag and might be ineligible - might go to VVG_heyashy next?
^Tiebreaker: Rexis94599 (TW) with 0 missed races vs snazzy_sup37 (KR) with 1 missed race

Last edited:
Any tips on the best way to save tyres for this one? Have done some testing and BB +5 gives you about 12-13 laps of useable tyres. I'm guessing lift off through the esses in the middle and some coasting into the corners?

Wouldn't want to go slow through the death chicane, sounds like a one way ticket to disaster for all involved

Oh dear that looks pretty boring to me……

Im at a loss with this game right now. I’ve got 10 mins before the VW Nations Race and I’m contemplating whether to race or not? Again this race just feels like a chore to get it done and move on. As with this manufactures again a lot of those look like a chore and nothing stands out and excites me. What’s this all about too with Racing Hard tyres?

There's chance that Malaysia might bump off Hong Kong as the secondary Asian country in the Showdown this year (it had been almost always Hong Kong):
View attachment 1261104

Per country-standings:
  1. Japan / 1st
  2. Malaysia / 7th
    ---COUNTRY CAP CUTLINE--
  3. Hong Kong / 11th
  4. Singapore / 21st*
  5. Indonesia / 32th
  6. Taiwan / 52th^
  7. South Korea / 52th^
  8. Thailand / (not in top 100)
  9. China PR / (not in top 100)

*Chuupaghetti, who's occupying that position is a Philippine driver under Singapore flag and might be ineligible - might go to VVG_heyashy next?
^Tiebreaker: Rexis94599 (TW) with 0 missed races vs snazzy_sup37 (KR) with 1 missed race
Country cap cutline battle preview outside Asia: (In North America, both Canada and USA qualify by default.)

C/SA:
  1. Brazil / 1st
  2. Chile / 3rd
    --COUNTRY CAP CUTLINE--
  3. Argentina / 7th
  4. Colombia / 11th
  5. Guatemala / 29th
  6. Mexico / 32th
  7. Bolivia / 36th
  8. Paraguay / 43rd
  9. Panama / 50th
  10. Costa Rica / 76th
EMEA: (ranked countries only)
  1. Spain / 1st
  2. France / 2nd
  3. Italy / 6th
  4. Netherlands / 7th
  5. Belgium / 9th
    --COUNTRY CAP CUTLINE--
  6. Hungary / 11
  7. United Kingdom / 12
  8. Lebanon / 24th
  9. Saudi Arabia / 30th
  10. Czech Republic / 31th
  11. Greece / 34th
  12. Portugal / 38th
  13. Germany / 39th
  14. Croatia / 53rd*
  15. Austria / 57th
  16. Turkey / 63rd
  17. South Africa / 65th
  18. India / 77th
  19. Switzerland / 87th
*Will win a T-shirt based on a clause on T&C for Croatian players
^If resident of Nagaland, would go to next player located outside of that state

Oceania:
  1. Australia / 1st
    --COUNTRY CAP CUTLINE--
  2. New Zealand / 7th

Last edited:
Thanks again for putting this together; nice to see everything in one place.

Round 1 is meh. At least it's RM tires and there is a required pit stop. Gr4 at Barcelona doesn't really get my heart going, but I get with Manu it has to be all Gr4 & Gr3 (which is why I still don't understand why so many Nations races were the Gr4 & Gr3 cars but whatever).

Round 2, this combo has been done. Looks like a no stop for 20 laps. Pass.

Round 3 has my interest piqued. I love Nords for sure, it just seems odd to me we were there at the last Manu. It would make sense why this was Daily C last week (albeit the 24hr layout vs Enduro). At least at the last Manu there was a mandatory stop as both RMs and RH were required. Maybe this one will have weather, otherwise it's likely a no stopper for seven laps. This will be an hour long race easily, even without any rain. It just sucks for me that it's on a Wed.

Round 4 does look good, IMO. Gr3 at Sardegna hasn't been done in a while and there is a required stop with two separate compounds. Fair play to them on this one. I do find it interesting how the GT1 and GT2/GT3 crowed both get 25 laps. If you're a GT2/GT3 player and don't like the fact you get shorter races, might want to participate in this one to show PD you like the more laps (do they even pay attention to these things? I hope so!).

Round 5 is another meh. I do love me some Spa, but looks like it will be a RH no stop (unless weather plays a part).

Round 6 could be great! Finally some RS tire and a required stop. The Glen full course is one of my favorites in the game.

Round 7 I am indifferent. Could easily be a no-stop on RH for 30 laps. Interesting to see if they last.

ETA - As I look at the list again, I think Nissan will be a very popular Manu. The 18 GTR is good on tires, good in the turns, and decent on the straights. I think tire wear will be very important in a handful of the Gr3 races. On the Gr4 front, obviously the Silvia has been pretty OP as of recently.

Of course Toyota would be good again on a couple of the tracks but the Gr3 Supra is bad on tires and some of the tracks don't really suite that car. It might be a viable Manu if the FT1 was better on tires but it's not great either. The Gr4 Supra is decent but nothing fantastic.

I'd think Subaru might not be too bad because of the BRZ (tire wear thing again). But the Gr4 WRX isn't really that good anymore.

Thoughts on Manu?

Last edited:
Thanks again for putting this together; nice to see everything in one place.

Round 1 is meh. At least it's RM tires and there is a required pit stop. Gr4 at Barcelona doesn't really get my heart going, but I get with Manu it has to be all Gr4 & Gr3 (which is why I still don't understand why so many Nations races were the Gr4 & Gr3 cars but whatever).

Round 2, this combo has been done. Looks like a no stop for 20 laps. Pass.

Round 3 has my interest piqued. I love Nords for sure, it just seems odd to me we were there at the last Manu. It would make sense why this was Daily C last week (albeit the 24hr layout vs Enduro). At least at the last Manu there was a mandatory stop as both RMs and RH were required. Maybe this one will have weather, otherwise it's likely a no stopper for seven laps. This will be an hour long race easily, even without any rain. It just sucks for me that it's on a Wed.

Round 4 does look good, IMO. Gr3 at Sardegna hasn't been done in a while and there is a required stop with two separate compounds. Fair play to them on this one. I do find it interesting how the GT1 and GT2/GT3 crowed both get 25 laps. If you're a GT2/GT3 player and don't like the fact you get shorter races, might want to participate in this one to show PD you like the more laps (do they even pay attention to these things? I hope so!).

Round 5 is another meh. I do love me some Spa, but looks like it will be a RH no stop (unless weather plays a part).

Round 6 could be great! Finally some RS tire and a required stop. The Glen full course is one of my favorites in the game.

Round 7 I am indifferent. Could easily be a no-stop on RH for 30 laps. Interesting to see if they last.
WHAT….WAIT A MINUTE… Round 4 has the same settings for all 3 leagues 🤩 Finally, some good news. Didn’t really look at the details at first but that definitely has my interest and will be entering.

I’m the same as you really with these combos.
Round 1 - Prefers Gr3 round here
Round 2 - Gr4 again at the the Atlanta. Had this race in the last year’s Manufacture
Round 3 - Not for me Nords. I understand why people like it and I myself like the track but for racing on... I just find it dull really.
Round 4 - Not sure which layout this is but looking forward a 25 lapper
Round 5 - Sorry but Spa has been overkill lately. Love Spa, but again prefer Gr3s round here
Round 6 - Best of the lot for me. Love Watkins Glen plus I go pretty well round here
Round 7 - I like Interlagos and again this is a good race.

ETA - As I look at the list again, I think Nissan will be a very popular Manu. The 18 GTR is good on tires, good in the turns, and decent on the straights. I think tire wear will be very important in a handful of the Gr3 races. On the Gr4 front, obviously the Silvia has been pretty OP as of recently.
Hm, I wonder which Gr.4 races are GT-R Gr.4 races and which one are S15 TC races for Nissan drivers.

Oh dear that looks pretty boring to me……

As with this manufactures again a lot of those look like a chore and nothing stands out and excites me. What’s this all about too with Racing Hard tyres?
It does seem like a chore, doesn’t it? I feel the same way. I love GT3 and GT4 cars, so I’ll likely take part as much as possible. I hope the racing ends up more exciting and enjoyable than I anticipate, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

PD is obsessed with RH tires for some reason.

Manufacturers schedule looks pretty decent, so I can cope with that 👍. Having ran VW in last seasons exhibition I've followed through with my intent to a new Manufacturer aside from my usual Hondas for this full season, for the first time across both GTS and 7. Given those combos, I'm comfortable with my new choice (another Japanese Manu ;)). Just need to finish some liveries now!

Manu looks good , still need to find the team i might go Renault again

btw i did one race of the Nation GT2 B

I did a qualified P2 with 1.46.349 just 0.025 from P1 :D , unfortunatelly my race didn't go as well did plenty of mistakes that costed me time , positions that dropped me to P4 and the cherry on top was the 2 second penalty that i crashed into a guy that met the death chicane and he didn't get any penalty lol - for whatever reason ghosting went on vacation for this time , dropped to P6 and i ended there with properly red tyres - good race overall just got very unlucky eh

Last edited:
So…… Completed my VW Touring Car race. Actually was pretty fun in the end.

GT2 - 1PM Slot in EMEA. I was given Car #1 (pressure on then)

Quali - Not a bad quali, stuck in on P4 with a 1:45:862

Race - So I’ve done no testing for this race apart 30mins of TT laps before the race. Didn’t know if tyres were push all the way of some saving had to be done. First lap all good. Made sure to keep a distance in the COD to the car ahead incase they crash but everyone got through all ok. Lap 2 get a poor exit from the chicane at the top hill and then into the fast right kink I got pushed off the track. After that I was in a right mess as I didn’t know which bear I was in and up & down shifting trying to match my speed. Ended up down in P9. Made an easy overtake on P8 on the final corner. Then few laps later a car ahead went wide and quit. L6 caught the car ahead and again made a good overtake into the final corner. I was catching the pack ahead slowly and on L10 it was squeaky bum time. Into the S’s at the top, I ran wide and the awkward curb that if you catch a wheel over the bump it then throws you off the track. Ended up sideways and somehow managed to correct the slide. L13 I finally caught the pack ahead then heading into the final corner I tried an overtake, but ended up giving the car ahead a small hit and not making the pass. L14 P3 runs wide on track I just get the position into the COD for P6. Final lap and the final corner P4 had no tyres left and a poor exit allowed me to take P5 over the line. Fun race actually and a shame I got ran off as I could have been challenging for the win I think.
P5 for 97 points. No deaths for me I’m the COD 😁 so I’ll take this result.

Retirements - 3 people quit this race.

GT2/3 leagues tyre saving is a must. Looking back on the replay and most cars had fully killed the front left tyre. I had about 15% left reckon at the end.
Been using the data app and it’s pretty helpful. Seeing how the tyres overheat in the corners can help you adjust your lines to try and reduce that heat and tyre wear. Have a attached the end race results screen grab.

Attachments

• IMG_3281.jpeg
    IMG_3281.jpeg
    72.8 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:
Does BB adjustments have a profound impact on the cars handling like it did for n GTS? Especially in the case of some of the twitchy MR cars?

Back