2023 Repco Supercars ChampionshipTouring Cars 

• Thread starter Spacegoat
  • 769 comments
Why bother putting numbers on these cars? So much advertising, the numbers have no meaning. Just put the LED board in the windows, like GT3 cars.

I didn't say you did. What I'm saying is that no other teams can run an homologation car in their colours so why is this one team/sponsor combination allowed to use it for promotional purposes? It would've made just as much sense to run the Mustang as a tie in with the F1/Ford deal, but as I mentioned, it would've been equally wrong.

No worries, fair enough 👍

I previously mentioned that there was no advantage other than brand exposure, and running around at 2.22 lap times isn't going to accomplish anything worthwhile (Mobile billboard, as previously mentioned). See..

It does for brand awareness or they wouldn't have done it :rolleyes:, and this is where it's wrong. It's not an Red Bull product. That car hasn't even been funded by Red Bull. It's a Supercars product, and as such should've remained in it's Supercars livery or not appeared at all.

Don't tell me what do! That car has absolutely nothing to do with Red Bull and as such it shouldn't be liveried up as if it does.
Who are you to decide that? There was obviously a commercial agreement in place that allowed them to run the livery. The Bathurst 12hr is run by Supercars and Red Bull (between the RB13 and Camaro) generated massive interest in the event and no doubt contibuted to a significant portion of ticket sales.

So they get something in return - it's call business. Good on them

Who are you to decide that? There was obviously a commercial agreement in place that allowed them to run the livery. The Bathurst 12hr is run by Supercars and Red Bull (between the RB13 and Camaro) generated massive interest in the event and no doubt contibuted to a significant portion of ticket sales.

So they get something in return - it's call business. Good on them
:lol: How could the Camaro generate any interest when it was never advertised as attending :confused:. Only Matt Hall and the Oracle Red Bull Racing Formula 1 car were.

No mention here either...
''Matt Naulty, meanwhile, will add his voice to the support race program on Saturday, which will include coverage of the Oracle Red Bull Racing Formula 1 demonstration on Saturday afternoon.''

From here:

Or here either:
''Those sessions will be split by the highly anticipated at-speed demonstration of the Oracle Red Bull Racing Formula 1 car.''

Or even here:
“Oracle Red Bull Racing are the current Formula 1 World Champions: Just to have them at the event is a privilege, but to know that the Red Bull Racing Formula 1 car will be lapping Mount Panorama will be something else.

“This will be a spectacle like nothing we’ve seen at the 12 Hour before and takes the event to an entirely new level.

“This will be the best opportunity in 2023 for Australian F1 fans to get up close and personal with F1 machinery and an even rarer opportunity to see a Formula 1 car lap Mount Panorama.”

And as I mentioned many times now, that car has absolutely nothing to do with Red Bull, or the 12 Hour for that matter, and therefore Supercars shouldn't be seen as showing brand favouritism by allowing one of their cars to be seen as an Red bull billboard. No other team/sponsor has been afforded this luxury.

Last edited:
:lol: How could the Camaro generate any interest when it was never advertised as attending :confused:. Only Matt Hall and the Oracle Red Bull Racing Formula 1 car were.

No mention here either...
''Matt Naulty, meanwhile, will add his voice to the support race program on Saturday, which will include coverage of the Oracle Red Bull Racing Formula 1 demonstration on Saturday afternoon.''

From here:

Or here either:
''Those sessions will be split by the highly anticipated at-speed demonstration of the Oracle Red Bull Racing Formula 1 car.''

Or even here:
“Oracle Red Bull Racing are the current Formula 1 World Champions: Just to have them at the event is a privilege, but to know that the Red Bull Racing Formula 1 car will be lapping Mount Panorama will be something else.

“This will be a spectacle like nothing we’ve seen at the 12 Hour before and takes the event to an entirely new level.

“This will be the best opportunity in 2023 for Australian F1 fans to get up close and personal with F1 machinery and an even rarer opportunity to see a Formula 1 car lap Mount Panorama.”

And as I mentioned many times now, that car has absolutely nothing to do with Red Bull, or the 12 Hour for that matter, and therefore Supercars shouldn't be seen as showing brand favouritism by allowing one of their cars to be seen as an Red bull billboard. No other team/sponsor has been afforded this luxury.

Get over yourself mate and find something better to spend your time on. They ran the Camaro with a Red Bull livery and everyone loved it except you

Last edited:
Get over yourself mate and find something better to spend your time on. They ran the Camaro with a Red Bull livery and everyone loved it except you
So I catch you out bull****ting about the Camaro's effect on, well everything you mentioned really and your reply is for me to get over myself? Yeah, class act... not!

And I presume you have more than just your bold statement to back up your ''everyone loved it but you'' statement. Yeah right, you can't. More ********.

Evidence of at least one other person from here, and there's plenty more where that came from.

I wouldn't have an issue if they ran both cars in their official Supercars liveries but this opens Supercars up to criticism of favouritsm to one brand/sponsor... again... and during another parity issue debate between the brands (oh that's right, Jamie is happy so it must be all good :rolleyes:). I also noticed the Supercars official site mentioned nothing at all about that cars appearance at the 12 Hour :odd:, they did however run this story:

and this:

I have a feeling Supercars involvement in the Camaro running was next to nothing... if anything at all.:odd::odd:

snip* find something better to spend your time on.

Edit: And once again don't tell me what to do! I'll do whatever the **** I want in my spare time thank you very much.

I have a feeling someone needs to get over themselves but it's not me.

Last edited:
So I catch you out bull****ting about the Camaro's effect on, well everything you mentioned really and your reply is for me to get over myself? Yeah, class act... not!

And I presume you have more than just your bold statement to back up your ''everyone loved it but you'' statement. Yeah right, you can't. More ********.

Evidence of at least one other person from here, and there's plenty more where that came from.

I wouldn't have an issue if they ran both cars in their official Supercars liveries but this opens Supercars up to criticism of favouritsm to one brand/sponsor... again... and during another parity issue debate between the brands (oh that's right, Jamie is happy so it must be all good :rolleyes:). I also noticed the Supercars official site mentioned nothing at all about that cars appearance at the 12 Hour :odd:, they did however run this story:

and this:

I have a feeling Supercars involvement in the Camaro running was next to nothing... if anything at all.:odd::odd:

Edit: And once again don't tell me what to do! I'll do whatever the **** I want in my spare time thank you very much.

I have a feeling someone needs to get over themselves but it's not me.

Have you literally nothing better to do with your time? You're arguing with everyone else in this thread... Get a job

Have you literally nothing better to do with your time? You're arguing with everyone else in this thread... Get a job
For the record I neither know nor care enough about this prototype Camaro and whatever livery it's running, but now you're 🤬 posting just to try to get the last word in.

Last edited:
Have you literally nothing better to do with your time?
Can you not read?
I'll do whatever the **** I want in my spare time thank you very much.

You're arguing with everyone else in this thread
You seem to have a very high opinion of yourself if you regard yourself as everyone in this thread... more exaggerated ******** :rolleyes:
Get a job
Really, you're stooping to passive aggressive behaviour now because you get caught out bull****ting?
_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Anyway, moving on....

I'll be very interested in Brad's comments on the 3 part front splitter of the Camaro. I'm not sure what possible benefits it can have on race day unless it can also be unbolted as a whole section too (I have a feeling it will). I imagine it would make the whole splitter more expensive to buy at first but cheaper to repair if you only write off one section. Will have to wait and see.

Impressive piece of kit though!
Untitled.png

And really? They only have one front splitter at this late stage? Someone needs to pull their finger out!

The Mustang in comparison seems to be one piece still (two if you count the splitter)... as best I can tell.

Untitled.png

Last edited:
Crazy, man... We'll see how things go with the first driver to crash their car.
I just hope we don’t have the issues that NASCAR had last year with their new cars, where the cars were too strong and the driver took the force of the impact.

Roo
For the record I neither know nor care enough about this prototype Camaro and whatever livery it's running, but now you're 🤬 posting just to try to get the last word in.
Aren't you doing the same thing? We were exchanging views, that's what you do in a forum discussion

Last edited:
In other Camaro news. The first non prototype Camaro has made an appearence, with MSR testing one of their cars.

I imagine it would make the whole splitter more expensive to buy at first but cheaper to repair if you only write off one section.
Just as long as there isn't anymore splitter failures like the ZB suffered from. :lol:

Last edited:
I’m not expecting any more manufacturers. Just feeling those cars would blend well with the Camaro and Mustang. It’s different to how the premium brands were racing Commodore and Falcon. Premium brands Race against Camaro and Mustang in other categories(GT3 & GT4).

I don't know how true this is but :eek: if it is! It's something many of us fans have called for for ages in the search for parity... although I would've much preferred Will Davison doing the driving duties from the Ford side.

''Motorsport.com has since learned that the test included a rare driver swap so that drivers from one side of the manufacturer divide could offer feedback for the other.

Sources have indicated that reigning series champion Shane van Gisbergen spent time behind the wheel of the Mustang, while Tickford Racing veteran James Courtney drove the Camaro.

What has come to light since is that Ford Performance is still dissatisfied with the relative performance of the two cars – something boss Mark Rushbrook made clear to media over the weekend.''

Source:

Possible proof of parity inconsistencies that lead to Mark Rushbrook's public comments???? Maybe?????

And FFS Supercars if it is true TELL US. This is the sort of thing fans need to know. It would earn them a lot of respect and goodwill.

All us fans want is a fair crack for both sides so whomever is best on the track wins, and with us as fans having the knowledge that they won fair and square.

Good on Supercars for trying something different though (if true). Seems they could be on the right path... finally.

Oh, nice. Even though I’ll see the cars at Newcastle, I’m off on Wednesdays. Could make a quick trip to Eastern Creek and then pick up my PSVR2 when I get back. :)

Gotta say, I really didn't think much of either of the Gen 3 cars in their respective Supercars liveries but jeez they look good in their team colours. I'm now sold on the looks... every car I've seen in it's livery so far is stunning👍

LW1_5349-1-1200x800.jpg

LW1_5337-1200x800.jpg

Last edited:
I think it needs these wheels
Has there actually been any confirmation that Erebus have finished their builds yet, or have they dressed up the prototype for this reveal? The wheels look to be the same as we saw on the weekend for the 12hr demo, but completely different from what MSR were running on their Camaro during the test the other day.

Screenshot 2023-02-08 at 14-47-29 2023 Repco Supercars Championship.png

erebus.jpg

msr.jpg

Last edited:
Has there actually been any confirmation that Erebus have finished their builds yet, or have they dressed up the prototype for this reveal? The wheels look to be the same as we saw on the weekend for the 12hr demo, but completely different from what MSR were running on their Camaro during the test the other day.

View attachment 1229097

View attachment 1229098

View attachment 1229099
Great spot! 👍

As soon as you mentioned it I thought, hang on, the reveal is at Movie World in Queensland?:odd: So I did a bit of sniffing around and you're 100% correct according to V8 Sleuth. It is the prototype.

Hmm…I’ll wait to see it(Erebus Camaro) at SMP or Newcastle. I think it needs these wheels
View attachment 1229090
Gotta say the matte black looks pretty awesome. I’m assuming if this is Cam’s car they’ll just slap some Monster stickers on it and that’s the livery. But of course like the other copy cat liveries it’ll look a thousand times better on the new car.

A bit late here, but something needs to be done about the teams not respecting the faux brake ducts on the Mustang front bumper. The DJR livery makes it look a bit goofy compared to the test car.

Just more places to put stickers.

This thing sounds awesome.

Off topic, but I just want to se the GT3 and GT4 cars even more now.

$12,500 :eek:

Edit:
“The temptation was to add more ‘designer’ detail to the livery, but we let the proportions and surfaces of the new Gen 3 Camaro do the talking, creating a dramatic and aggressive feel that really suits the Red Bull Ampol Racing Chevrolet Camaro.''
https://autoaction.com.au/2023/02/09/triple-eight-marks-gen3-debut-with-special-livery

From my untrained eye I can't see anything following the lines of the car. It looks more like 'put it where it fits'. The Ampol signage in particular has very little to do with the lines of the car.

RedBull-QR-23-MH2_5106-875x583.jpg

Thanks @Cap'n Jack, I hadn't noticed that about the faux ducts before but now I can't unsee it :irked:.... ;)

At least BRT still have them
2023RSC_BRT_LAUNCH_DKIMG0402.jpg
:)

Last edited:
Back