2023 September Update Prediction

• Thread starter MC008
  • 475 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
;)👍:sly:
or

1694917660420.jpeg

So ironic Mazda introducing “their” racing version, supposedly, before Honda and Toyota versions. Need these:

:drool:

Mazda, man....:banghead:

Edit:

Last edited:

;)👍:sly:
or

View attachment 1287722

So ironic Mazda introducing “their” racing version, supposedly, before Honda and Toyota versions. Need these:

Edit:

It is heavily based on the Mazda 3 TCR, interesting 🤔

It is heavily based on the Mazda 3 TCR, interesting 🤔
It looks to me like all they did looks wise was put the bigger wing from the TCR on the Super Taikyu car:

1694931772912.png

1694932017530.png

Wouldn't be the first time PD's created a LM, Touring car or GR3/4 car by combining various bits from certain cars. Perhaps it has the TCR's performance?

Yes, I’d say it’s more Super Taikyu with the TCR wing.
It looks to me like all they did looks wise was put the bigger wing from the TCR on the Super Taikyu car:

View attachment 1287751

View attachment 1287752

Wouldn't be the first time PD's created a LM, Touring car or GR3/4 car by combining various bits from certain cars. Perhaps it has the TCR's performance?
Nenkai mentioned it seems to be FF.

Thing is, will it be diesel from the S-Tai car, the 2.5T or TCR maximum regulation 2.0L turbo? The Gr.4 Atenza uses the 2.2L, but only sounds like the diesel at start up(in GT Sport). The car also seems to be very frugal. Just guessing PD want it to be unwritten as a diesel race car. Could have easily left the engine displacement as blank.

Last edited:
As already said, it's time to have a proper Touring Car class... More generally, a reorganization of the Gr. 4 class would be needed to make it more similar to the real GT4 class. The FF cars currently present in Gr. 4 would easily become part of a new Touring Car class, the placement of the 4WD cars would be more problematic. But I doubt any of this will happen, PD will probably leave everything as it is. We'll see if anything changes in GT8.

If we are getting cars I sure do hope we see some older cars yet. Ran the Aston Martin time trial, that was a fun one, also ran the stock ‘73 911 Carrera on the historic 580 Spa, lots of fun.

Come on Nenkai, tells us how many tracks they’re dropping on us haha

I didn't know that story about the TCR car getting scrapped. It's cool that something approaching it gets to shine in a video game.

Also good to have something new in Gr.4; given how much it gets used in Sport Mode they really don't add stuff to it very often.

Gr.4 Mazda 3 is very cool!

So much for PD going and adding fire trucks and no race cars like the doomers say, but I guess they’ll still complain “not that race car!”

#forevermoaning
You sure let the moaning live rent free in your head. :lol:

As for September, it's likely that Suzuka will get a visual update as was teased in GTWS (the new track logo if nothing else). I don't recall the last time PD released/updated multiple track locations in a single update so chances could be quite low for a new track.

Maybe we'll finally get Suzuka West? Unless the lack of a pitlane is still going to be an issue even if the vast majority of the singleplayer events in the game has no tire wear or fuel usage.

As for September, it's likely that Suzuka will get a visual update as was teased in GTWS (the new track logo if nothing else). I don't recall the last time PD released/updated multiple track locations in a single update so chances could be quite low for a new track.
It has happened, surprisingly, though exactly once - there was an early GT Sport update that added both Monza and the mid-length Maggiore layouts.

You're right though in that I doubt we'd get both the Suzuka refresh and a completely new location in one go.

Looking at the 1.37 update I spied a different list of cars with these ending it 🤔

• 190e_evo2_91
  • valkyrie_21
  • mc20_22
  • ambulance_himedic_21
  • gr_corolla_morizo_22
  • civic_r_22
  • mazda3_gt4m_xx
  • charger_rt_426_hemi_68
Why is Polyphony calling GR Corolla and Civic Type R MY2022 when they are MY2023?

It’ll be another weird vehicle update right after players choose their Sport Mode Manufacturer.

Because it's a BS list. As can be seen by the list's MC20 being a '22 model when it's a '20 in-game.
One does not spread BS. That is what's listed in the data, if you have a problem message a Polyphony representative on social media and scold them for their erroneous ways.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back