2023 September Update Prediction

• Thread starter MC008
  • 475 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t understand PD’s logic. It makes no sense on any level. Some will say it’s to encourage MTX purchases, but we can all earn plenty of credits with grinding events and Time Trials.
Why would they hassle themselves with implementing all those great suggestions when the consumer has shown they'll pay $70+ for a bare minimum effort?

Why would they implement "simple structural changes" for GT8 when sites like IGN will have a non racing enthusiast spend 2 hours with the game and rate it 9/10? The consumers high off of hopium will (again) buy it, with promises of improvements. And as we're experiencing now a bulk of those promises won't materialize and you'll be right back here in 2027 after GT8 releases with the same penalty system, dreaming of what GT9 could be.

If you told me that EA (madden series) made GT, I'd believe you at this point.

Last edited:
Why would they hassle themselves with implementing all those great suggestions when the consumer has shown they'll pay $70+ for a bare minimum effort?

Why would they implement "simple structural changes" for GT8 when sites like IGN will have a non racing enthusiast spend 2 hours with the game and rate it 9/10? The consumers high off of hopium will (again) buy it, with promises of improvements. And as we're experiencing now a bulk of those promises won't materialize and you'll be right back here in 2027 after GT8 releases with the same penalty system, dreaming of what GT9 could be.

Yeah I won’t be buying GT8. Why on earth would I want to have to endure the grind to get all the cars to drive. I remember that well from GT5 to GT6. Told myself I wouldn’t buy another gran Turismo. Sport came out, tried it, at the time Project Cars was a much better game. Decided to buy GT7, same old same old. Don’t get me wrong it’s an incredibly fun game… when you’re racing in a lobby against friends and randoms (usually) but the single player and the earning cars ruins this game for me. I’m so glad I almost have all the cars I want.

Yeah I won’t be buying GT8. Why on earth would I want to have to endure the grind to get all the cars to drive. I remember that well from GT5 to GT6. Told myself I wouldn’t buy another gran Turismo. Sport came out, tried it, at the time Project Cars was a much better game. Decided to buy GT7, same old same old. Don’t get me wrong it’s an incredibly fun game… when you’re racing in a lobby against friends and randoms (usually) but the single player and the earning cars ruins this game for me. I’m so glad I almost have all the cars I want.
If they make GT8 another live service crap (I'm worried it's definitely gonna happen), I'm not going to buy it.

If they make GT8 another live service crap (I'm worried it's definitely gonna happen), I'm not going to buy it.
Gran Turismo is funny, majority of the time within a year tons of players are making wish lists for the next one because the one they’re currently playing didn’t check all the marks hahaha. People have been asking for customizable HUD way back when GT5 was out. How long ago was that? And we still don’t have a customizable HUD. Great game, as soon as GTRevival comes out, more than likely GT7 won’t be getting booted up much.

Because of all the complaining and whining the next update will have a punishment car pack:
  • Fiat Multipla ’02
  • Pontiac Aztek ’01
  • SsangYong Rodius ’04
View attachment 1286952
View attachment 1286953
View attachment 1286949
View attachment 1286950
View attachment 1286947
View attachment 1286946
Festival of the ugliest car!!!!
number one win GIF by V5MT

Last edited:
My hopeful-and-naive wish is that PD drops more than one track on us in order to make up for the lack of anything new in this regard since early this year.

I'm thinking that either they've got a bunch of tracks in-reserve for GT7 by now or they're authoring new ones for GT8... or both.

Last edited:

Folks have been paying more than $70 a pop for games for years. Consider inflation and the fact N64 titles were $70 at launch. That means today you'd be paying $100 for those.
E.T. and Pac-Man were both $40 for the 2600 games. Outlaw is $70 now, as is Circus Convoy. Skip those and run inflation on those others, you get $90-$95 each. I think I have price tags of $20 or $30 on the original box of a sleeper 2600 hit called Yars' Revenge. People forked out more for the name than they did decent games, and they still do. It could be shovelware but if it has a popular name, $70 is the minimum and it'll fly off the shelves.

I share your opinion. To be honest I didn't play any second in GT7 since I came back from holidays. That was a month ago already. And for months just my nine year old son played this game, but also he got bored.

Well, even a good September Update wouldn't be enough to bring me back to the game, too many issues with zero effort by PD to fix them
(penalties, AI, payouts especially for custom races, qualityings and grid starts, 1h / 24h races like Spa, more events for different car groups, more newer racecars especially GT3, newer cars and missing manufacturers like Rolls Royce, Bentley, Koenigsegg, fix two player split screen, ...)

They just released a video about Sophy (nothing new I'm afraid). Dunno if hinting at an update or what. Also the PS state of play is today?

At this point, they’re more or less bragging about Sophy and how it will literally be the best driver and yet we are still stuck racing against garbage AI. Sophy won’t fix that, I don’t see how it will. Why do I want to race against the best of the best of the absolute best?

I want to to be able to scale the difficulty (auto scaling would be nice based on my qualifying time) and have close racing with AI that doesn’t brake check, cut me off, bump into me down a straight because I am currently in their driving line they were programmed to be on.

This is like creating a COD AI player and showing how it can do a backflip while quick scoping you from a mile away. Look how it taught itself to be better than all of you. Lol

They can't fix the AI, doing so would require every single event in the game being reworked as they are all ''balanced'' around the spread out field of obstacles we see now.

At this point, they’re more or less bragging about Sophy and how it will literally be the best driver and yet we are still stuck racing against garbage AI. Sophy won’t fix that, I don’t see how it will. Why do I want to race against the best of the best of the absolute best?

I want to to be able to scale the difficulty (auto scaling would be nice based on my qualifying time) and have close racing with AI that doesn’t brake check, cut me off, bump into me down a straight because I am currently in their driving line they were programmed to be on.

This is like creating a COD AI player and showing how it can do a backflip while quick scoping you from a mile away. Look how it taught itself to be better than all of you. Lol
I'm honestly tired of hearing about Sophy at this point, it's almost cruel of them to keep showing it to us lol.

Just put it in the darn game in limited capacity as they did earlier in the year. Sophy in an unfinished state is infinitely better than what we have now. Heck, just give us Sophy + Nurburing to make the wait easier.

They can't fix the AI, doing so would require every single event in the game being reworked as they are all ''balanced'' around the spread out field of obstacles we see now.
My old theory was that the low number of events and slow addition of them was to wait until a new AI was added. It seems much less likely now, but, still possible I guess?

My old theory was that the low number of events and slow addition of them was to wait until a new AI was added. It seems much less likely now, but, still possible I guess?
That is a pretty good theory. Wish it were true and it does make sense, but unfortunately unlikely.

The events don’t need to be reworked. We see in GT Sport, AI vary across those events. The programming for the Porsche Cup, as an example. It’s way different to most of the events.
All PD need do is add a SOPHY section of events. Saves them from touching any older events. I’d expect that much from PD.

I think september update will,bring a lot more than just the 2 toyota to brand central, i would not be supriced if they have saved something just around the corner as fm releasing but we will have to wait and see, next weekend we Will at least get comfirmed if we get any new cars or not

I give up on predicting the cars because it's always completely random but I am like 80% sure we're getting a new track. It's simply way overdue going by previous time intervals between them. I don't know which it will be but I'm fine with anything that pumps some life into this game at least temporarily.

Last edited:
If we're going to have engine swaps, wouldn't it be cool to have a few race car swaps?

I'm particularly thinking of the Formula Gran Turismo. You could have an F5000 replica with a big US V8? Or use the Red Bull Junior engine to make an F2/F3 level car? The problem with many road car swaps is they completely destroy the driveability of the car and become little more than a curiosity. With race car swaps they could make some really raceable machines.

The thing with tuning the road car swaps, isn’t to always tune to max power. Just detune the power until the car is just on the threshold of driveability. I mean, complaints are mainly with trying to win/beat other cars in races. I’ve rarely read about anyone swapping engines and dialling them back to enjoy brisk driving.
Seriously, players saying a 500bhp Cappuccino is unmanageable, well, of course it would be. :lol:

The thing with tuning the road car swaps, isn’t to always tune to max power. Just detune the power until the car is just on the threshold of driveability. I mean, complaints are mainly with trying to win/beat other cars in races. I’ve rarely read about anyone swapping engines and dialling them back to enjoy brisk driving.
Seriously, players saying a 500bhp Cappuccino is unmanageable, well, of course it would be. :lol:
Ive tried to tuned so the car is fun to drive not necessarily the fastest. I’ve got a couple that I really enjoy driving but I know if I run it with other people at the same pp and tires I will lose. I’ve done it to save or improve the feel of certain cars. I did up the old Alpine A110, hardly stand a chance against anybody in the same range but it’s driveable now and a ton of fun.

I don't think that's the case. The Human Comedy missions, Tokyo 600 and chilli events show us that GT7 does have at least a "decent" AI.

I honestly believe PD is deliberately using slow AI on most events because they don't think it's necessary. Like, they don't want World Circuits as something to take seriously.

This is so true...

First thing that comes to my mind is also one of my favorite cars to drive in this game: the engine swapped De Lorean...as long it is not completely tuned up to the max...then it is nearly undriveable, at least with my set of skills...

But tuned to around 700PP it is fast, it is smooth to drive and it is still controllable when it starts to drift and slide, and it is a hell of a ride that provides much if fun!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back