2023 September Update Prediction

• Thread starter MC008
  • 475 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Looking at the 1.37 update I spied a different list of cars with these ending it 🤔

• 190e_evo2_91
  • valkyrie_21
  • mc20_22
  • ambulance_himedic_21
  • gr_corolla_morizo_22
  • civic_r_22
  • mazda3_gt4m_xx
  • charger_rt_426_hemi_68
One does not spread BS. That is what's listed in the data, if you have a problem message a Polyphony representative on social media and scold them for their erroneous ways.
Sorry but which and where is said data? Perhaps you may end up correct but highly doubtful - I think you may need to message a Polyphony representative instead.

I hope this next update is a little more exciting. Must admit, I'm not feeling the Mazda 3 TCR. Just recently started playing Crew Motorfest and it's fantastic. Great vehicle list and just really exciting playlists.
GT7 just feels stale. Haven't played it for weeks other than playing the Gazoo GT Cup to get the Corolla early. Grinding for credits feels like such a chore. The FH5 update is superb and looking forward to Motorsport. As someone said, it appears as if Kaz and everyone at PD have lost their passion.

I hope this next update is a little more exciting. Must admit, I'm not feeling the Mazda 3 TCR. Just recently started playing Crew Motorfest and it's fantastic. Great vehicle list and just really exciting playlists.
GT7 just feels stale. Haven't played it for weeks other than playing the Gazoo GT Cup to get the Corolla early. Grinding for credits feels like such a chore. The FH5 update is superb and looking forward to Motorsport. As someone said, it appears as if Kaz and everyone at PD have lost their passion.
I think you first need to understand that you dont like more serious racing games..., you cant compare games like NFS, The crew, FH5 and such with GT7 cause of obvious reasons.

Wondering if PD have any kind of DLC for the future with some pack of tracks/cars/events/Sophy A.I.

Why is Polyphony calling GR Corolla and Civic Type R MY2022 when they are MY2023?
I don’t have a memo from PD, but the GR Corolla was revealed in June of 2022. New car models usually debut around this time of the year. Of course, many cars debut even earlier in the year, as a next year model. It’s a ‘22 model.

Similarly, the 2022 Civic Type R was revealed in July 2022. Again, if new car models mainly debut around the final quarter of a year, we can see that model as a 2022.

Because it's a BS list. As can be seen by the list's MC20 being a '22 model when it's a '20 in-game.
Actually, some cars have model year disrepancy between internal names and in-game name/year. Cases in point:
  • Renault Sport Mégane Trophy '11 being internally named "megane_trophy_09", since it was originally planned to be in GT5 with the 2009 model
  • Porsche 911 GT3 (997) '09 being internally named "_911_gt3_08", because the car was originally listed with 2008 model year before being changed to 2009 when it was discovered it was a 997.2

Last edited:
So i guess we get 2-3 new cars besides the gr,4 Mazda if we are going with what we mostly get, but it would be strange if we don’t get a big update, with new fm around the corner, its almost impossible to predict cars lately. But lately almost every update has bring a modern supercar/hypercar, and i hope that will keep being the case

I think you first need to understand that you dont like more serious racing games..., you cant compare games like NFS, The crew, FH5 and such with GT7 cause of obvious reasons.

Wondering if PD have any kind of DLC for the future with some pack of tracks/cars/events/Sophy A.I.
I do like more 'serious' racing games as I also own Project Cars, Assetto Corsa/Competizione and WRC. I just think that PD is out of touch with a lot of the players.
While you might not be able to directly compare arcades to Sims you can compare content and DLC and that is sadly lacking in GT7 IMO.

So i guess we get 2-3 new cars besides the gr,4 Mazda if we are going with what we mostly get, but it would be strange if we don’t get a big update, with new fm around the corner, its almost impossible to predict cars lately. But lately almost every update has bring a modern supercar/hypercar, and i hope that will keep being the case
There's usually one decent car while the other 3 are pants/meh. Case in point the HiMedic or Suzuki VGT Gr 3 convertible etc.

I do like more 'serious' racing games as I also own Project Cars, Assetto Corsa/Competizione and WRC. I just think that PD is out of touch with a lot of the players.
While you might not be able to directly compare arcades to Sims you can compare content and DLC and that is sadly lacking in GT7 IMO.
I think they are lacking in its in terms of single player content, a new A.I. and the hability to players to participate in events that are not chase the rabbit could change many things, if they drow some more and more events that allow more diversity in terms of range of cars that can be used.

GT have ways to do such races in terms of tools to so players can configure their races but not content like a classic game and thats why people kind have hard time to adapt to that and the multiplayer modern focus of the game.

Games like Assetto Corsa Competizione its kinda the same but in GT7 you have incremental updates with content in ACC you have DLC packs that you have to pay and if people add all those packs will see that GT still have more content even whitout the monthly updates..., its all a matter of perception.

I agree that PD should launch a bigger pack has DLC, with revamped A.I. with revamped single player race formats/content and a new mode if possible.

The game its fun if people know how to find it and the experience in VR for itself its something else.

Last edited:
Yeah, and most of what's listed in the data is leftovers from the PS3 games. And I'm 99% certain the supposedly upcoming Red Rock Valley is just the actual PS1 circuit model being used as a test bed.
Anything listed in the data but never comes to fruition just confirms for me that this is essentially the same old game that’s been tweaked and tweaked and tweaked over the years. Which is probably why we are stuck with some of the features everybody’s been asking to have changed for all these years. Customizable HUD, cant be that difficult to let us toggle it on and off with a button at least. It’s a copy and pasted game that’s been improved In graphics and handling thankfully. It’s a ton of fun since we can race online. If it was strictly single player I’d delete it.

There's usually one decent car while the other 3 are pants/meh. Case in point the HiMedic or Suzuki VGT Gr 3 convertible etc.
I think they bring more than one good car each update but the number is quite low, getting only 4 cars will be to little now as gap been 2 months, it should be at least 5, but we will have to wait for silhouttes this weekend, but the biggest problem is not really the cars, its single player content its really lacking, but dont get me wrong i would love a large update with like 10 cars and at least 1 new track

The thing with sets of cars with "one good car" is that if different parts of the audience each think there's a different "one good car" in it, then that's a good set of cars IMO. June for instance, you'll have people who like the Valkyrie but not the Lancer/Impreza, and also the other way round. Just because there's not universal appeal doesn't make a car not worthy.

The bad sets of "one good car" are the ones we were getting sort of August-November time last year, where there was generally one car everyone liked and then two or three very few people cared about.

One does not spread BS. That is what's listed in the data, if you have a problem message a Polyphony representative on social media and scold them for their erroneous ways.
Given your history of just pasting random text which you consistently cannot link proper context with, all for the sake of hate towards a company, it's no surprise that little of it all actually ends up happening. To link people to message PDI is incredibly ignorant of you, when you have posted test development data countless times in the past, disregarding anything about how game development works. This person here is the cause for all the confusion that happened in the past few months.

Also while at it (this is the same person, on another social media) - PDI has started taking some proper steps cleaning it up which I can confirm. Congratulations for successfully wasting someone's dev time on having to do this.

image.png

Last edited:
Given your history of just pasting random text which you consistently cannot link proper context with, all for the sake of hate towards a company, it's no surprise that little of it all actually ends up happening. To link people to message PDI is incredibly ignorant of you, when you have posted test development data countless times in the past, disregarding anything about how game development works. This person here is the cause for all the confusion that happened in the past few months.

Also while at it (this is the same person, on another social media) - PDI has started taking some proper steps cleaning it up which I can confirm. Congratulations for successfully wasting someone's dev time on having to do this.

image.png
I hope this doesn’t affect updates going forward - I don’t think it will but it’s a shame for PD having to allocate some resources to cleaning up over someone’s ignorance.

I hope this doesn’t affect updates going forward - I don’t think it will but it’s a shame for PD having to allocate some resources to cleaning up over someone’s ignorance.
I think it affects more than updates at this point. Knowing tracks so far ahead of time that may aswell not release until the next game gives the wrong idea to most people not questioning it. It's a working attempt to foster unnecessary hatred.

I think it affects more than updates at this point. Knowing tracks so far ahead of time that may aswell not release until the next game gives the wrong idea to most people not questioning it. It's a working attempt to foster unnecessary hatred.
I hope it doesn’t affect you going forward. Perhaps better communication from PD to players could address the general issues - maybe something will get triggered this update but again very hopeful at this point.

I'd hope so too. Their ways are rather extremely primitive and different anyway.
I try my best to fill in the gap when applicable (just not about cars or tracks, these are so divisive it genuinely brings nothing new to know ahead of time).
I think PDI's lack of communication is intentional, I don't see many people thinking of it that way. As for why, I wouldn't know, but it wouldn't be the first company to behave this way

That all said, I quite simply wish we didn't have such a person in the community hating PDI this badly to go out their way to release such dumps.

Last edited:
You're totally right.

My motto for Gran Turismo since 5th iteration? Never expect too much or excessively ahead with Polyphony Digital. Why? Because people often end up at disappointment ville. Edit: They most likely stopped communicating when people started whining ceaselessly because people are so difficult to satisfy nowadays.

Last edited:

image.png
COOK THAT FRAUD! 🔥🔥🔥

This is so true...

First thing that comes to my mind is also one of my favorite cars to drive in this game: the engine swapped De Lorean...as long it is not completely tuned up to the max...then it is nearly undriveable, at least with my set of skills...

But tuned to around 700PP it is fast, it is smooth to drive and it is still controllable when it starts to drift and slide, and it is a hell of a ride that provides much if fun!
I tuned it to max and won the Spa 1 hour race before 1.31 dropped. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast. It's a challenging but fun ride.
Anything listed in the data but never comes to fruition just confirms for me that this is essentially the same old game that’s been tweaked and tweaked and tweaked over the years. Which is probably why we are stuck with some of the features everybody’s been asking to have changed for all these years. Customizable HUD, cant be that difficult to let us toggle it on and off with a button at least. It’s a copy and pasted game that’s been improved In graphics and handling thankfully. It’s a ton of fun since we can race online. If it was strictly single player I’d delete it.
There are a few options to customize the HUD. It's not as detailed as we may want, but they are there. Or you can turn it off and choose a car based on what info is displayed. The Trans Am is good, you have a clock to tell you about how much longer the race will last, you have a tach, a speedometer and a gas gauge. Ditto for the Raptor except the clock is Found On Road Dead.
If you can't compare home racing sims to arcade, Sega Touring Car would like to have a word with you at your nearest retro arcade.

Last edited:
I tuned it to max and won the Spa 1 hour race before 1.31 dropped. Slow is smooth and smooth is fast. It's a challenging but fun ride.

There are a few options to customize the HUD. It's not as detailed as we may want, but they are there. Or you can turn it off and choose a car based on what info is displayed. The Trans Am is good, you have a clock to tell you about how much longer the race will last, you have a tach, a speedometer and a gas gauge. Ditto for the Raptor except the clock is Found On Road Dead.
If you can't compare home racing sims to arcade, Sega Touring Car would like to have a word with you at your nearest retro arcade.
Thanks for the advice but I’d be happy if they simply let me toggle it on and off with a button if they don’t want put in the work to let us choose what stays on the screen aAnd what doesn’t, let us position things where we want and change the opacity.

I could get away with it if simhub could tell me what race position I’m in and if the laps were accurate, but it doesn’t so I’m stuck with all that stuff on screen. Single player, I just shut it all off, unless I’m doing a race where I need fuel mapping.

They could solve the issue pretty easily if I could assign a button and just toggle it on and off.

I'm currently thinking Pikes Peak is more of a December gift sort of thing, hopefully this December... so my September prediction is now Okayama International Circuit, f.k.a. TI Circuit Aida.

What will be a bigger kick in the balls is the GR Corolla and the Ambulance being apart of the mystery post for the next update by Kaz in his twitter.
image-12-22.jpg

Not sure what part of "Timed Release" ain't clicking here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back