2024 Formula 1 Drivers threadFormula 1 

• Thread starter Jimlaad43
  • 552 comments
Alfa Audi Sauber Whatever they'll be called next year are sticking with Bottas/Zhou for another year.

Not sure how much longer Theo will want to wait for a seat, especially if he wins the F2 championship.

I suspect he won’t have to wait long. Audi will have their way for 2026 so I’d expect Sauber to get Pourchaire in the car in 2025. Could be the only shot he gets unless another team goes for him. Maybe Haas if they ditch KMag or the Hulk for 2025?

The amount of "news" reports and tweets about AlphaTauri's driver choice for next year have been despicable. We keep getting plenty of "Tusnoda and Ricciardo chosen" tweets when absolutely none are backed up by a source or an official announcement or anything. It's ridiculous to see this appalling attempt at journalism, as for the millionth time we are getting not-news reported as news.

Just
Stop
"Set to"
News
Articles

I’d be surprised if it wasn’t Tsunoda and Ricciardo tbf.
What do you mean? Clearly Ricciardo is incompetent, even breaking his hand in a normal Free practice incident. De Vries was lucky to even have a few races...

/s

Imo…

Ricciardo is arguably washed up, but he will get a chance in 2024 mainly because he has a lot of pull within RB.

Tsunoda is solid, but not extraordinary. RB will keep him at AT as a yardstick for Ricciardo. But he basically has no future beyond 2024/25 with RBR because of Honda leaving.

That leaves Lawson with nowhere to go, unless they give him to Williams on loan.

The amount of "news" reports and tweets about AlphaTauri's driver choice for next year have been despicable. We keep getting plenty of "Tusnoda and Ricciardo chosen" tweets when absolutely none are backed up by a source or an official announcement or anything. It's ridiculous to see this appalling attempt at journalism, as for the millionth time we are getting not-news reported as news.

Just
Stop
"Set to"
News
Articles
Confirmed now at least.

As much as I like Daniel Ricciardo, this move makes no sense with how Liam Lawson has been conducting himself so far. If I was Lawson and his management I’d be steamrolling through the Williams door asap.

That has got to be because the owners (Dorilton Capital) are based in the US so they want an American driver in that seat....otherwise, I really can't see why Logan Sargeant is good for that seat especially when you have drivers like Lawson who has more than proven himself on the side line.

That has got to be because the owners (Dorilton Capital) are based in the US so they want an American driver in that seat....otherwise, I really can't see why Logan Sargeant is good for that seat especially when you have drivers like Lawson who has more than proven himself on the side line.

Which is fair enough. The thing we need to remember is that maybe other drivers don’t want to go to Williams. Lawson might have had an offer and turned it down because it may hurt his position to replace Perez at Red Bull in ‘25, if he struggles in an uncompetitive car that’s unrepresentative of his real future.

Wild theories of course and wouldn’t explain Drugovich not going there which was almost a done deal apparently. (Have another theory there).

Taking Lawson for a single season doesn’t really help Williams in the long run either. I can see their reasoning for keeping Sargeant, they invested a lot of money to get him into F2 and F1.

Last edited:
Sophowhut?

Boring announcement. They even tried to make a big deal about it by changing their bio to the eyes and signature emojis, like there was going to be anything mesmerising or sudden like Drugovich or Hamilton.

Sophowhut?

Boring announcement. They even tried to make a big deal about it by changing their bio to the eyes and signature emojis, like there was going to be anything mesmerising or sudden like Drugovich or Hamilton.
Hamilton to Williams would be a big deal. We'd have to check if LH suffered a concussion recently.

1701463830145.jpeg

Will be a fun silly season 2024!

Last edited:
Respect to Williams for sticking with one of their own instead of borrowing another young driver from a different team. I just can’t shake the feeling that he will not last the season though, I hope he proves me wrong.

Hamilton to Williams would be a big deal. We'd have to check if LH suffered a concussion recently.
I still have a dream that Lawrence will eventually organise Aston Martin F1 team table at met gala or event at fashion week and get Lewis into the team... Just imagine Lance having stories of racing in F1 as team mates to Vettel, Alonso and Hamilton - really would be the greatest gift a billionaire could give their kid?

Will be a fun silly season 2024!
really spicing things up... similar rules, similar driver... - get ready for another mind-numbingly boring season next year?

Is this the first year for a long time that the drivers for all teams have stayed the same 2 years in a row?

Edit: never mind, forgot that de Vries started for Alpha Tauri last year and was replaced :dunce:

Last edited:
Is this the first year for a long time that the drivers for all teams have stayed the same 2 years in a row?

Edit: never mind, forgot that de Vries started for Alpha Tauri last year and was replaced :dunce:

When was the last time the end of season driver lineup remained unchanged.

From the looks of it, the silly season might deliver some "dramatic" entertainment with so many driver's contacts expiring in 2024.

There are some interesting signatures there. Some of them appear a bit more complex than needed. And Ocon...what is that even.

There are some interesting signatures there. Some of them appear a bit more complex than needed. And Ocon...what is that even.
Most of those look like what happens when you have to use a touchscreen to provide a signature, but the stylus is gone so they tell you to just use your finger instead.

Last edited:
Back