2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 1,424 comments
Unfortunately, this should remain easy victories for the Democrats, but the younger generation doesn't forgive so easily, so the more they fiddle-fart around with policy, the more that up & coming generation might just stay home feeling neither side has their interest.
This is absolutely the case and why a viable third party really needs to make a push. Democrats nor Republicans have anyone's best interest in mind outside who gives them the biggest check and who they can manipulate to get votes. A third party might not be any better, but it would at the very least, make the Democrats and Republicans do something.

I would assume it's of significant size right now, but I believe it will dwindle from here on out. Which is where I don't really agree with the whole, "The Empire is rising". They won seats, but not by the margins they thought they would & it seems currently clear from the last election cycle that the younger generation has no love for the Republican party. The Republican's base is the next to slowly pass away & the younger generation is easily more active in their protests, social media, & willingness to protect others. The Republicans run on a charade of promoting Christianity by law, hating LGTBQ+, taking shots at minorities through the border/crime, & occasionally attacking the younger generation in general like a few Conservative chuckle ****s saying, "Raise the voting age" b/c that will definitely play well when those younger voters meet the threshold the next time around. :rolleyes:

All those things are the issues the 30 & under crowd don't vibe with & they will dictate this country with their votes for the next few decades. Republicans know this and are scared, but also stupid hence why they refuse to change strategy. Unfortunately, this should remain easy victories for the Democrats, but the younger generation doesn't forgive so easily, so the more they fiddle-fart around with policy, the more that up & coming generation might just stay home feeling neither side has their interest.
Says the guy who lives in the liberal state of Texas. Ohio's small-town and rural population is robust and just about as big as Texas's. This state is somehow more Republican than Texas these days and I'm surrounded by these assholes because our cities are small so it only takes them 15 minutes to drive their stupid truck to the saloon downtown by campus.

You mention strategy but I'm not sure what strategy you're talking about. You talking about campaign ad strategy? Because Republicans' overall strategy is working like I said. Court packing, gerrymandering, obstruction, etc. They may not attracting new voters but they are creating votes out of thing air and preventing Democrats from creating votes which is just as good in their eyes. And you're right that Democrat kids are lazy as hell and will just stop voting if they feel disenfranchized, yet another characteristic Republicans can rely on.
This is absolutely the case and why a viable third party really needs to make a push. Democrats nor Republicans have anyone's best interest in mind outside who gives them the biggest check and who they can manipulate to get votes. A third party might not be any better, but it would at the very least, make the Democrats and Republicans do something.
A third party is a terrible idea in our governmental system I've decided. We would need a parliament to make it work. Currently, the two major parties are so entrenched that the moment a third one steals votes and gives Republicans or Democrats the slightest advantage, they'll take it and run. Both parties have cooperated in writing laws to stunt the growth of any third party so all those laws would have to be struck down, new laws about guaranteed seats and votes would have to be added, etc etc. It's impossible and they've designed it that way. We'd have to wipe the government so it's not even a suggestion worth mentioning. Another example of libertarians being delusional.

Last edited:
A third party is a terrible idea in our governmental system I've decided. We would need a parliament to make it work. Currently, the two major parties are so entrenched that the moment a third one steals votes and gives Republicans or Democrats the slightest advantage, they'll take it and run. Both parties have cooperated in writing laws to stunt the growth of any third party so all those laws would have to be struck down, new laws about guaranteed seats and votes would have to be added, etc etc. It's impossible and they've designed it that way. We'd have to wipe the government so it's not even a suggestion worth mentioning. Another example of libertarians being delusional.
Something needs to be done to challenge the status quo because the status quo right now is awful. Republicans want to go after absolutely asinine things and turn America into a fascist state run by idiots. Democrats don't want to do anything. While Democrats are better, they're by no means good since not attempting to build a half-assed fascist state is a pretty low bar to get over.

All the scenarios to mix things up will require a rework of the government's framework too. If we're not going to have a viable third party, then we need things like term and age limits on political positions. Take Mitch McConnell, the 80-year-old who's been in Congress for nearly 40 years. There is no way he understands what the average American goes through, especially not average working Americans who are 30-50 years old. Cap term limits to 2 terms and set the age limits from 30-60 years old for all federal political positions. This way, we don't get a bunch of senile, out of touch, asshats passing policies. The average age in the US is 38, the average age of Congress is 64. That's a pretty big gap between the two and they really should be closer together.

Getting money out of politics would also go a really long way.

Maybe the MAGAs will secede from the globalist uniparty RINOs and form a Trump party. The New Know-Nothings.

Last edited:
Maybe the MAGAs will secede from the globalist uniparty RINOs and form a Trump party. The New Know-Nothings.
They will not succeed at seceding. More likely they will force the RINOs to re-establish. I don't think the MAGAs know the difference between succeed and secede.

They will not succeed at seceding. More likely they will force the RINOs to re-establish. I don't think the MAGAs know the difference between succeed and secede.
How would they tempt disgruntled Trumpies back into the fold? I'm not sure they could crawl any further up his backside. Perhaps adopt Qanon as an article of policy and nominate Boebert and MTG to high level cabinet posts?

Ludicrous as it may sound I think they're scared of Trump running as an independent. I suspect this is less because he could win outright and more because they want to preserve the solidly red vote his cult of personality guarantees them.

Last edited:
How would they tempt disgruntled Trumpies back into the fold?
It doesn't win elections but I highly suspect that RINOs, or more broadly speaking people who now identify with former Republican ideals, wouldn't want them.

Except that because of the way the whole thing is structured around money and power, no third party is ever going to be able to get enough influence without falling into the same traps that make Democrats and Republicans purchasable.
You need more than two parties to have anything like proper representation, but it can't be done under the current system. So, do you throw up your hands and say "well, that's just too bad"? Or do you start looking at the sorts of proportional representation systems that other countries have and how they might be adapted to suit America's particular needs and requirements?

If the two current parties have designed a whole system so that it's impossible to change or oust them from power, perhaps wiping that system out is something that should be considered. Nothing should be so sacred that it can't be changed if it needs to be for the good of the people. That's the purpose of government, and so it's not delusional to suggest that major change might be beneficial.
If we're not going to have a viable third party, then we need things like term and age limits on political positions. Take Mitch McConnell, the 80-year-old who's been in Congress for nearly 40 years. There is no way he understands what the average American goes through, especially not average working Americans who are 30-50 years old. Cap term limits to 2 terms and set the age limits from 30-60 years old for all federal political positions. This way, we don't get a bunch of senile, out of touch, asshats passing policies.
You'd think so, but realistically what you probably get is a bunch of senior politicians who run politics from behind the scenes by placing younger proteges who will do as they're told. There's plenty of charismatic 30-60 year olds who will do as they're told for a couple of terms in order to get their foot in the door, after which they get to ride on the gravy train.

Term and age limits don't remove the incentives for corruption and it barely even makes it harder. If anything, it just drives it underground so it's less obviously visible that one person has been in control of a certain region for decades. You need to strike at the root of the problem instead of just trying to put fences around it.
Getting money out of politics would also go a really long way.
Realistically, this is the big one. America is pretty all in on the idea of capitalism, so if they wanted to reduce the instances of corruption then they could start by making it less profitable. Although of course the people making the rules are the ones who are profiting, so they'll never let it happen short of a civil war or similar major upheaval.

This news is now a month old, but since I haven't had the time to post here in a while and I've not seen any mention of this rather important change yet, I'm going to share my thoughts. Biden has urged to make South Carolina the first state to vote in the Democratic primary in 2024, replacing Iowa.

In short, this is a very bad decision. At best, it is an earnest but misguided attempt to increase turnout amongst voters of color in the Democratic primary, and at worst, it is a deliberate attempt by Biden to secure himself as the 2024 nominee if he has a primary challenger, and inhibit more progressive democratic candidate's chances of securing the nomination for the future. Going back to the 2020 democratic primaries, South Carolina was the fourth state to vote after Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada. South Carolina was also the first state Biden was able to win, after Sanders winning the aforementioned three, and Biden's own campaign admitting that he would drop out of the race if he could not win South Carolina. Why did Biden do well in South Carolina? Aside from getting a much needed help from South Carolina's own Jim Clyburn, Biden, a moderate Democrat, was the clear favorite amongst South Carolina democrats. South Carolina democrats, who are vastly outnumbered by Republicans as the state has been solidly Republican post-Southern Strategy, tend to be more moderate on both social and economic issues and are majority African-American, as is the case for Democrats in most other southern states. Biden, despite his past history of racist remarks and the 1994 crime bill, is popular amongst African Americans, and was the most moderate major candidate in the race, so it's not any surprise that he won South Carolina. While Sanders' campaign did well with Hispanic/Latino voters and more urban constituencies of African Americans, progressive/populist campaigns like this simply don't do well among Black constituencies in the south. And that's not the fault of Biden or the Democratic party; I will concede that progressive candidates need to improve their messaging among this fairly sizable portion of the party. Biden's said goal was to increase minority participation in the primary, something I agree with as Iowa is significantly more white than the US average, but South Carolina is simply not representative of the Democratic party. The fact that Biden is insisting on South Carolina when Georgia next door is even more racially diverse and is a place where Democrats now actually have a chance, suggests that there are motives beyond just promoting minority turnout.

If we're going to insist on certain states voting much before others, something I believe to be a flaw in the electoral system to begin with, I think Michigan is the best bet. Why? First, it is, and likely will remain a swing state. Why would it make sense for a state that leans in a direction significantly to the opposite of the Democratic party like South Carolina and now Iowa as it has moved further red, to lead the Democratic primary? That being said, it also wouldn't be fair for a Democratic stronghold like California or New Jersey to lead the primary either; ideally, it should be a state that's at least somewhat contentious and is diverse, which Michigan is, with a sizable African American, Arab American, and growing Hispanic population. Michigan also contains three of the Democratic Party's core constituencies: voters of color as aforementioned, college-educated suburbanites, and blue-collar workers. The types of Democrat in Michigan tend to be diverse both in terms of race/ethnicity and ideology. In addition to Michigan- Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Arizona would make good, representative contenders for being the first state to vote in the Democratic primary.

This news is now a month old, but since I haven't had the time to post here in a while and I've not seen any mention of this rather important change yet, I'm going to share my thoughts. Biden has urged to make South Carolina the first state to vote in the Democratic primary in 2024, replacing Iowa.

In short, this is a very bad decision. At best, it is an earnest but misguided attempt to increase turnout amongst voters of color in the Democratic primary, and at worst, it is a deliberate attempt by Biden to secure himself as the 2024 nominee if he has a primary challenger, and inhibit more progressive democratic candidate's chances of securing the nomination for the future. Going back to the 2020 democratic primaries, South Carolina was the fourth state to vote after Iowa, New Hampshire, and Nevada. South Carolina was also the first state Biden was able to win, after Sanders winning the aforementioned three, and Biden's own campaign admitting that he would drop out of the race if he could not win South Carolina. Why did Biden do well in South Carolina? Aside from getting a much needed help from South Carolina's own Jim Clyburn, Biden, a moderate Democrat, was the clear favorite amongst South Carolina democrats. South Carolina democrats, who are vastly outnumbered by Republicans as the state has been solidly Republican post-Southern Strategy, tend to be more moderate on both social and economic issues and are majority African-American, as is the case for Democrats in most other southern states. Biden, despite his past history of racist remarks and the 1994 crime bill, is popular amongst African Americans, and was the most moderate major candidate in the race, so it's not any surprise that he won South Carolina. While Sanders' campaign did well with Hispanic/Latino voters and more urban constituencies of African Americans, progressive/populist campaigns like this simply don't do well among Black constituencies in the south. And that's not the fault of Biden or the Democratic party; I will concede that progressive candidates need to improve their messaging among this fairly sizable portion of the party. Biden's said goal was to increase minority participation in the primary, something I agree with as Iowa is significantly more white than the US average, but South Carolina is simply not representative of the Democratic party. The fact that Biden is insisting on South Carolina when Georgia next door is even more racially diverse and is a place where Democrats now actually have a chance, suggests that there are motives beyond just promoting minority turnout.

If we're going to insist on certain states voting much before others, something I believe to be a flaw in the electoral system to begin with, I think Michigan is the best bet. Why? First, it is, and likely will remain a swing state. Why would it make sense for a state that leans in a direction significantly to the opposite of the Democratic party like South Carolina and now Iowa as it has moved further red, to lead the Democratic primary? That being said, it also wouldn't be fair for a Democratic stronghold like California or New Jersey to lead the primary either; ideally, it should be a state that's at least somewhat contentious and is diverse, which Michigan is, with a sizable African American, Arab American, and growing Hispanic population. Michigan also contains three of the Democratic Party's core constituencies: voters of color as aforementioned, college-educated suburbanites, and blue-collar workers. The types of Democrat in Michigan tend to be diverse both in terms of race/ethnicity and ideology. In addition to Michigan- Pennsylvania, Georgia, and Arizona would make good, representative contenders for being the first state to vote in the Democratic primary.
It's not clear from your argument, at least not to me, that it's a bad decision. South Carolina going fourth (well before Michigan) is not a huge move to 1st. This is even more the case with Georgia. I have no idea what all of the reasons are to have the states go in a particular order, but I assume there are reasons.

It's not clear from your argument, at least not to me, that it's a bad decision. South Carolina going fourth (well before Michigan) is not a huge move to 1st. This is even more the case with Georgia. I have no idea what all of the reasons are to have the states go in a particular order, but I assume there are reasons.
Because South Carolina isn't representative of the Democratic Party nationwide, and does not reflect the direction Democrats will have to take the party to succeed. Yes, there's no one single state that perfectly encapsulates the average Democratic voter. But why is Biden so adamant about pushing a state where the Democratic voters tend to be more conservative than average and a state where Democrats have no realistic chance of even coming close to flipping, at least not in the near future? It just seems like a myopic move to ensure Biden is the 2024 nominee at the expense of the party moving in a more progressive direction. And I don't think it's just Biden who has a stake in making SC the first state to vote; Jim Clyburn, the second most powerful house Democrat is a SC representative, and Jaime Harrison, the current DNC chair is from South Carolina; he ran for senate against Lindsey Graham in 2020 and even set fundraising records, despite losing handily to Graham. At worst, it is a nakedly obvious repayment for Clyburn's endorsement that will shift the party even further away from the progressive left by giving more conservative candidates momentum right out of the gate. I agree with you that a system in which a select few states vote much earlier than most others is flawed, but it's self-evident that the outcomes of the first state's primary has a monumental impact on future primaries and candidates' perceptions of winning.

The way I understand it, the reason why the primaries are so dragged out is to make a spectacle of the entire affair, drawing news cycle attention and more importantly, donations. It would be much more intuitive, and even democratic, if all (or at least most) of them were held on the same day, like any other election. Most votes wins, none of this esoteric delegate malarkey. Though as a corollary, the current primary system does allow politicians to actually engage in retail politics (speeches, meeting with people) and not just big money ads. I also don't think it's possible to have any order of states that's completely fair- to some degree, it will always be arbitrary and contentious.

Last edited:
But why is Biden so adamant about pushing a state where the Democratic voters tend to be more conservative than average and a state where Democrats have no realistic chance of even coming close to flipping, at least not in the near future?
So that the party remains close to swing voters? Seems like an easy question to answer.

The way I understand it, the reason why the primaries are so dragged out is to make a spectacle of the entire affair, drawing news cycle attention and more importantly, donations. It would be much more intuitive, and even democratic, if all (or at least most) of them were held on the same day, like any other election. Most votes wins, none of this esoteric delegate malarkey. Though as a corollary, the current primary system does allow politicians to actually engage in retail politics (speeches, meeting with people) and not just big money ads. I also don't think it's possible to have any order of states that's completely fair- to some degree, it will always be arbitrary and contentious.
I have no doubt about all of this, but it seems a little tangential to the point about whether SC should be 1st or 4th.

So that the party remains close to swing voters? Seems like an easy question to answer.
Then pick an actual swing state. Georgia is literally next door, and as aforementioned, even more racially diverse. States like Michigan, Pennsylvania, and even Georgia have a far wider pool of Democratic voters.

Then pick an actual swing state. Georgia is literally next door, and as aforementioned, even more racially diverse. States like Michigan, Pennsylvania, and even Georgia have a far wider pool of Democratic voters.
It's a much larger change in the order of the states. I don't know what went into the order, but presumably something went into it.

Slightly old news now, but it seems that Trump officially has a primary challenger for 2024, and it ain't DeSantis. I give you, John "I never met a war I didn't like" Bolton. Surely his vast coup d'etat experience will guarantee him as a great president!

How on earth does this guy think he stands any chance? Not only does he have the personality of a brick and is considered a "RINO" by the base for being a Trump defector, but he seems to be almost a single-issue candidate. Foreign policy is important, yes, but it's far from the most pressing issue Americans face, let alone vote on.

How on earth does this guy think he stands any chance?
He said in the article he wouldn't run as a vanity candidate. He's lying. He's running as a vanity candidate and he's doing it specifically to split the vote and screw Trump. Trump as disrespected him on multiple occasions and Bolton knows exactly how stressful and miserable the job of President is. He doesn't want it but he also doesn't want Trump to have it.

Trump is covertly suggesting that DeSantis was a pedo:

9F181C85-1194-4413-8BEF-4A0E8734E37F.jpeg

F8C78869-5D1C-44A1-BEF3-C435D3BEC45E.jpeg

What's concerning is that when someone claims a politician is a pedo, it's believable. I mean, I don't know if Ron is a pedo or not, but if evidence came out that showed he was, I wouldn't even be remotely surprised.

What's concerning is that when someone claims a politician is a pedo, it's believable. I mean, I don't know if Ron is a pedo or not, but if evidence came out that showed he was, I wouldn't even be remotely surprised.
There's nothing more hilarious than two pedophile candidates being the front-runners of a party supposedly so against pedophilia.

Can't wait to see which petty, overblown grievance GOP central are going to try and shart out to attempt to deflect public attention from this imbroglio. "Yeah, but the Chinese surveillance balloon was carrying a laptop owned by Hunter Biden with a list of gas stove owners written by a drag queen..."

Regrettably, I suspect DeathSantis is far too savvy to respond in kind and escalate this spat to brouhaha level.

Last edited:
Regrettably, I suspect DeathSantis is far too savvy to respond in kind and escalate this spat to brouhaha level.
Now if only someone could create a parody account and trick the Orange Button Mushroom into thinking it was real and have him on.

I guess this is good news. Feinstein, 89 and showing credible signs of Alzheimer's, will not seek re-election in 2024.

In addition, it seems that longtime representative Barbara Lee will announce her senate campaign pretty soon. This now makes too progressive Democrats in the California senate race.

How long before Trump starts dunking on her? You know that man considers it a personal insult that any Republican dare to consider a Presidential run over supporting him.

How long before Trump starts dunking on her? You know that man considers it a personal insult that any Republican dare to consider a Presidential run over supporting him.
I think he'll dunk on her alright, but not nearly as much as for DeSantis DeSanctimonious. Even Trump knows that, unlike DeSantis, Haley has no real shot against him. But then again, Trump dunked on Rand Paul more than just a couple times and I don't think he ever polled higher than 2%.

Back