2024 US Presidential Election Thread

• Thread starter ryzno
  • 1,468 comments
I think he'll dunk on her alright, but not nearly as much as for DeSantis DeSanctimonious. Even Trump knows that, unlike DeSantis, Haley has no real shot against him. But then again, Trump dunked on Rand Paul more than just a couple times and I don't think he ever polled higher than 2%.
Ironically - and problematically for the GOP - Haley would probably demolish Biden in a GE. And Trump is probably one of the few Republican candidates who could actually lose to Joe.

Last edited:
Ironically - and problematically for the GOP - Haley would probably demolish Biden in a GE. And Trump is probably one of the few Republican candidates who could actually lose to Joe.
What makes you think she would win against Biden? I could see both the hardcore base not turning out for her because she is a RINO to them, and moderates and independents not voting for her either because she still is a conservative and too far to the right, even if Biden/the Democratic platform is not ideal.

Last edited:
I'm trying to decide whether to laugh at Haley being dunked on or that Trump is sharing to his GOP voters that Republicans are threatening Medicare & SS.
Season 6 Episode 3 GIF by Parks and Recreation

May a myriad of mini-Trumps enter the equation. There's nothing like choice, right?

I can't imagine the average Trump voter will care about Haley as soon as they find out her name is Nimarata, is Pujab, and was raised Sikh. Also, if you look at pictures of her from a few years ago and compare them to how she looks now, I would bet a million Tricky Trump Fun Bucks that she wears make-up to make it look like she had lighter skin.

They seem to have no problems eatin' up Hanan "Noor 'Brigitte Gabriel or is it Tudor' Semaan" Qahwaji's tweets. Maybe it's just a case of saying what they want to hear. Besides, Trump changed his skin tone and they love him, lol.

Last edited:
"In name only in disguise" is kind of saying the same thing twice.

It's just like an "alpha" male to drop a huge turd in his own bed so long as it means nobody else can sleep there.

Last edited:
Your neighbor next door is certainly a red stronghold in NYC. If he went anywhere else, he'd be booed.
He should get Bruce Springsteen to write a song about this if he hasn't already. "Satan Island".

Your neighbor next door is certainly a red stronghold in NYC. If he went anywhere else, he'd be booed.
Staten Island is certainly an enigma. Majority Italian-American, suburban, low percentage of college educated, and unsurprisingly, a Republican stronghold. Yet it's somehow a part of NYC.

Staten Island is certainly an enigma. Majority Italian-American, suburban, low percentage of college educated, and unsurprisingly, a Republican stronghold. Yet it's somehow a part of NYC.
Wait, it's not the island with the funfair and the famous hotdog place? American geography is so confusing for me. :lol:

Last edited:
I think when they decided on who gets Liberty Island and Ellis Island the winner was saddled with the privilege with that problem child.
Wait, it's not the island with the funfair and the famous hotdog place? American geography is so confusing for me. :lol:
That would be Coney Island, which isn't really an island anymore as it has been filled in to connect with Brooklyn to the north so it now looks like a peninsula.

That would be Coney Island, which isn't really an island anymore as it has been filled in to connect with Brooklyn to the north so it now looks like a peninsula.
Everything I know about New York I learnt from various Spider-Man media. Coney and the Staten ferry both showed up in the first MCU movie.

Welp, it looks like Biden has his first primary challenger, Marianne Wiliamson, a progressive democrat who first ran in 2020. Despite the fact that she has a very, very slim chance of being a serious threat to Biden, I applaud her for keeping progressive ideas relevant within the Democratic party nationally, and (hopefully) making Biden answer hard questions where do. Williamson, despite her "spiritual healer" energy, is much smarter than a lot of people give her credit for in my opinion.

Last edited:
Welp, it looks like Biden has his first primary challenger, Marianne Wiliamson, a progressive democrat who first ran in 2020. Despite the fact that she has a very, very slim chance of being a serious threat to Biden, I applaud her for keeping progressive ideas relevant within the Democratic party nationally, and (hopefully) making Biden answer hard questions where do. Williamson, despite her "spiritual healer" energy, is much smarter than a lot of people give her credit for in my opinion.

And self-help guru is certainly smart enough to screw people out of money, that's for sure.

I don't want a damn author as president, I want an experienced politician with a spine. Where is Obama when you need him.

Everything I know about New York I learnt from various Spider-Man media.
Law & Order makes me feel like I know the place like the back of my hand. Actually visiting it makes me feel like an alien sub-species.

Law & Order makes me feel like I know the place like the back of my hand. Actually visiting it makes me feel like an alien sub-species.
Sorry I didn't make you feel welcome last time.

Everything I know about New York I learnt from various Spider-Man media. Coney and the Staten ferry both showed up in the first MCU movie.
I recommend going there. But when you go there, don't do anything touristy. Wander around the weird streets and alleys and go places that local working people go. You'll hate it but it'll be an experience.

Back