24 Hour race?! Let's discuss please XD

• Thread starter AE86Driver
  • 633 comments
just don't fall asleep or end up in a hospital, or GT4 won't be on sale anymore :) good luck!

Oh dear, AE86 has gone quiet.... good luck though mate, this is all fascinating to those of us who will probably attempt to emulate your performance at this 'mother of all enduros'... forget watching the Lord of the Rings extended versions back to back... you could do that TWICE and still have time to watch the last hour of this race... :D Hope those imaginary cats haven't reappeared...

TM

hard to not fall asleep while playing gt.. been there done that.. :D waking up when you're halfway into the pits, although the car just went in last lap.. :lol: jeeez.. and that was from an endurance race, and now there's 24 hours race... *sigh*

well..this is it everyone..the 12th hour has arrived..FINALLY. This now means that I am at the half-way mark. All I have to do is repeat all that has happened up to now,once more till about 4:30 this afternoon. I'm reeeally getting tired though...I dozed off a little bit while trying to survive long enough to get my break and I saw that the guy in 2nd is now actually in front of me,but trying to break down that time that I have lapped him. So I am still 7 minutes and 20 seconds ahead of him,but if I keep dozing off like this,I might lose. Don't worry though,I don't intend to give it up that easily..*whips out..the "secret weapon"* TEXAS PETE! THE BREAKFAST OF CHAMPIONS! WAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! *begins drinking the hot sauce now* ahhhhhh,that's some good stuff! That'll clear your system up good :lol:! And yes,I actually did drink some Texas Pete just now and wooooow...*cringes* that tastes "tangy" and hot at the same time :crazy:! Now then...*wipes his mouth with his hand* I will threaten myself with the rest of this Texas Pete...if I doze off ONE...yes..ONE more time...good ol' Pete will be poured in the eyes :mischievous:

By the way,here's the last results you will see until I get done with the race:

Breaks - 6
CDs - 18 (Time to finish it off with Initial D XD! And yes I have 12 hours worth of Initial D to listen to :P)
Drinks - 6

Pits: 44

Well,this is it guys! The next time you will hear from me will be after I have completed the race. Which should be around 4:30-5:00 P.M. Central Time. But...I am not for certain if I will get on here RIGHT after I finish or just pass out in the floor and wake up a few hours later with a crick from hell in my neck,THEN reply back to you guys :lol:

Anyways...thank you for the support everyone! I'll keep pushing with this spirit till the end! HERE WE GO!!

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

AE86Driver
By the way,I finally lapped that AMG (or is it AMC?) E 2.5 Benz,and it DOES look like an Evo o.O! Why is that? Did they ever make a car that looked like an Evo that was a "race car"?

It the early 80's Mercedes was developing a new Rally Car. based on a Mercedes-Benz 190E. But when it was about to have its debute, Audi presented their new rally car. The Audi Quattro Rally Car, which was fitted with a 4WD system, where as the Mercedes only had a RWD, so from the start it wasn't able to compete. So instead Merceds redesigned it to compete in the DTM series (or what ever it was called back then). But to do this the regulations of the DTM stated that you had to make some road going version too. The result of this was the
Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II (Cosworth). The race version was called - Mercedes-Benz190E 2.5-16 Evolution II AMG, and my guess is that, that is the one you are racing against.. 👍

Mercedes-Benz 190E 2.5-16 Evolution II / AMG NICE

Anywho good luck with the rest of the race. ;) 👍
Hope you don't go completely insane :banghead:

Hmmm i was wandering: would you guys do the 24 hours ( if you had to :) ) with manual gears or automatic? I know I would do it with automatic since i just started using manual and with manual gears I would for sure crash more in the late hours since it takes more concentrasion ( in my opinion ). what would you guys do?

I'd go with manual. It'd keep me going, because I'd have to know whats going on instead of falling asleep

No better way to train yourself in manual gears than doing an enduro or two... you might want to think about trying a couple of 'normal' length enduros first, but once you're happy in manual, there is no going back... using manual transmission gives you more control, better lap times and a better understanding of the circuit at hand...

Or you could do free run. I'd rather do it in free run rather than risking first place if I wernt used to manual.

Yea i also noticed that since I started using manual gears i got better lap times but going with manual gears for 24 hours? I would end up going in 1 gear exept for when i pit

Manual all the way!
Besides, I think it would help in keeping you awake as oppossed to an automatic where you just point & drive the car! :)

Manual all the way. First off when you're used to manual transmission since a long time, it doesn't take any concentrattion at all. I just think you have more control over the behavior of your car in manual. And as you guys have said before, you have less risk off falling asleep.

I use manual with a wheel but I cant get the hang of it properly with the pad so I stick with auto when I use that.

I want to do the Nurburgring 24hour race however I'm using a power stepdown convertor for my NTSC|J PS2 and it gets really hot after a couple of hours. I'll need to find a smart way to keep it cool before starting the race.

Use bags of ice lol. Actually that might work but youd go through a lot of bags of ice over 24 hours.

bacalhau
its not for all, specially when you have 14 years only :crazy: :indiff: :yuck: :grumpy: :scared: :guilty: :nervous:

At 14 I was playing Super Monaco GP.
I'm 26.

See:
Holidays coming soon, one of the drivers is my grilfriend, riends around (everyone likes GT)

It will me more like a party.

Twc
...would you guys do the 24 hours ( if you had to :) ) with manual gears or automatic?...

Since I switched to manual transmission, I can't use automatic anymore... I have gotten so used to press the shoulder buttons as I accelerate (or brake), that it just disrupt my concentration and my driving style if I try to use automatic. Automatic just feels too weird now... So I will most like it use manual all the way through all the races in GT# (# = 1,2,...,n)

EDIT: Being now about 1:50PM central time, the poor guy still has something like 2 hours to 2 hours and 30 minutes :scared: I hope you make it through alright AE86Driver! And I hope your level of insanity doen't get too high ;) :D

The Wizard.

I'm boring myself to death!!!! Every day seems to be longer and longer!!! And that way it seems almost LIGHTYEARS away from the release, now if I only had something to "speed time up".....................It's just taking to ****ING LONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :scared: :yuck: :crazy: I'm just going MMMAAAAAAAADDDD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! IT'S SIX WEEKS AWAY FOR ME, MORE LIKE >>>>>>>>SIX AGES<<<<<<<<<< :ill: :crazy: :scared: :yuck:

PS.Come on AE86 driver you just can't stop now

In 1950, Louis Rosier won Le Mans 24h alone, his teammate who was his son Jean-Louis was only here to fit the regulation. This is one of the greatest achievement in motorsport's history. Later, Le Mans regulations made this kind of exploits impossible, by limiting driver's time to 14h, and 80 laps in a row. That's why Roland Ratzenberger, a great man and driver, who was sadly killed during the 94' San marino GP, one day before Senna, never made his dream of running Le Mans alone never succed.

And now, AE86 will be (I hope) the first guy to complete this on GT4. Congratulations ! (it's not sure that you ll complete it, but triying is a great exploit anyway).

I made Le Mans 24h on Dreamcast, but not in a row. Now, I gonna try to convince my best friend to complete 24h races in GT4 with me. I guess, for the Ring, I would chose a kind of DTM car.

But I have a question for you all:
As there are 2 different races in Le Mans, one with the unchicaned track, the other with. Are the opponents differents on both races...Let's say, as the chicanes were build in 1990, that the "unchicaned" race involves 80's car (Sauber C9, Toyota 88C...), and the "chicaned" modern cars (Toyota GTOne, Audi R8, Bentley EXP Speed 8...). Is it the case ?

Anyway, AE86 will be our hero for a very long time :)

you're right; that whole localization thing is really ****ed up. Either release the game globally on the same time or just don't release it at all. This just sucks *ss.

Ok, it's GT4 so I'm gonna play it anyway, but if it was another title I'd say to Sony, shove those delays and your localization policy up your you know what. The irony is that if it wasn't gt4 than all those delays probably wouldn't matter much too me; just another game to arrive later, so what. But it's gt4. One of the best racers of all time; delayed, delayed, delayed again, delayed, only released in Japan, delayed etc. etc.. I mean, Do they have any kind of management/planning department over there??? They just know they can get away with it, because the game will be a hit anyways. But it sure sucks.

*peels himself off his chair and crawls over towards the computer..laughing maniacly now* time for a break..GUYS! WAHAHAHAHAHA :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:! Hahaha,no no,I'm just joking. I still have my sanity ^.^! Whew..I don't know HOW the hell the time got like this,because I've been taking my 10-15 minute breaks every 2 hours,buuuut...I'm on my 18th hour right now,sooooo..that means I have about 6 hours left,which meeeans..I won't actually be done till about 8:45-9:30 sometime O.O! Well,anyways..I've been hanging in there rather well actually. I had been dozing off earlier,but now it feels like another day,I'm not tired =D. Even though..er..I've been up for about 32 hours now :rolleyes:. I just feel a lot more awake now and also,I got tired of listening to my CDs,so I went to listening to the race BGM and SE and for SOME odd reason..I was able to concentrate a lot better and drive a lot smoother. I didn't beat my lap record,but it was better than my previous,"Zzzzzzz....WHAM! AH WHAT THE **** WAS THAT?! :mad: :ouch: :dunce: :scared: :banghead: 🤬!" Hahaha,but I am enjoying myself at the moment though and boy do I have GREAT news for you guys! I just found out,like..5 to 10 minutes ago that,my grandmother has a Digital Camera that can plug up into the USB port of my computer O.O. You know what that means?! *:bowdown::bowdown:the vocals from the beginning are able to be heard in the background now:bowdown::bowdown:* I can take "screenshots" of my victory after I win to show you the insanity and I can even take pictures of other things later on the game and upload them!

Here's the results so far while being 18 hours into it!

Current Lap # - 141,about to be 142 after I unpause it and exit pit

Breaks - 9
CDs - 26
Drinks - 8

Pit Stops: 67

and in other news,I took a shower during lap 115 at 9:45 this morning to wake myself up and that helped a LOT :lol:! I've been washing my face every hour or two as well to keep myself awake pretty well,thanks for the tip whoever gave it! I don't remember..:lol: give me a break! Hahahaha,well..I will contact you guys once again on the 20th Hour,then 22nd,etc. For the 24th and LAST hour,I will post a pic of the results,cause I really wanna see how this camera thingy works. Hmmmm..not a bad idea...I'll test it out now? Hahaha,let's see...ack x_X..really blurry ~_~. Hmmm..her pictures don't seem to be blurry though,so why is mine =P.

AE86Driver

~Ja ne~

P.S. By the way..I'm not a photographer -.-' *tilts his head slightly,trying to look at the crooked pictures* er...oops :rolleyes:

Attachments

• R32.jpg
    R32.jpg
    8.3 KB · Views: 166
  • lap number.jpg
    lap number.jpg
    5.9 KB · Views: 130
Back