24 Hours of Spa 2012 - Blancpain Endurance Series

Audi.tv's not really behind for me, more like different cameras. Rather annoying hearing the commentators from the same stream but the video plays a different part. Confusing at first... X_X

yaeh the feed is fine, but their switching to Audi cockpit view is annoying - Talking about a car being in the pits while we are watching something completely different.

it's my backup feed in case the youtube FGJkT3YqHo8 dies, but i couldn't watch it full time.

yaeh the feed is fine, but their switching to Audi cockpit view is annoying - Talking about a car being in the pits while we are watching something completely different.

it's my backup feed in case the youtube FGJkT3YqHo8 dies, but i couldn't watch it full time.

That was annoying, when they were talking about the MP4-12C in the pits while showing the Audi cockpit. :grumpy: Biased much...

You're complaining because Audi.tv mainly shows and talks about Audi? The clue is in the name..

I know. :P It was the same for Le Mans.. I wasn't being serious about that comment. But with the commentary and their video, it doesn't match up well.

Anyone else see that Porsche crash? :eek:

It's back on Motors TV at 8pm (half an hour from now) so you could try then.

Nissan_OnTrack ‏@Nissan_OnTrack
Afraid it's game over for us at Spa. Electrical gremlins! Such a shame as the car was fast and it loves the rain. #nothappy

Bummer.

Wow. This race just gets worse and worse for McLaren.

The cars need serious help.. Didn't United Autosport run the Mclaren at the beginning of the season? Looks like they switched to the Audi R8.. Or am I thinking of another team?

The cars need serious help.. Didn't United Autosport run the Mclaren at the beginning of the season? Looks like they switched to the Audi R8.. Or am I thinking of another team?

They still run one Audi. I don't think their McLaren started the race.

In case anyone is interested after the race, I have one later on today and have a thread for it here.

Just fricken great, I missed the end as well. Seriously, the covrage of this race is kinda poor. I mean really, Streaming only a few hours at at a time? This is even worse then when Speed TV Cuts in the Rolex 24 with crappy shows. I would say great race but having not seen the whole thing first missing the beginning, then not being able to clearly distinguish Belgian time, I miss the rest of it :indiff:

I'm guessing by the relative silence of this thread, everyone has given up long ago on the race anyhow.

"HOUR 24: Audi takes dramatic one-two at the Total 24 Hours of Spa"

Frank Stippler (DEU), Rene Rast (DEU) and Andrea Piccini (ITA) of the Audi Sport Performance cars Team Phoenix led home the Audi R8 LMS Ultra to take the famous victory for 2012.

In the final hour of the race, there was catastrophe for the No.72 Kessel Racing Ferrari, their Italian bred GT car crashed heavily into T17.

The safety car was deployed and Frank Stippler in the No.16 Audi visited the pits under the Safety Car. Stephane Ortelli (MCO) followed in the No.1 R8 but was held in the queue in the pit lane. Once released, Ortelli had half a lap to make up as he lost two and a half minutes in the queue.

Upon leaving the pits Stippler received a drive through penalty for crossing the white line at pit entry, a worrying mistake at this late stage. At the same time Frank Kechele (DEU) in the No.66 Vita4One BMW made one last stop and retained third place.

As the 20th minute concluded the 500th lap was completed and Ortelli had a lap lead over Stippler. Frank Kechele was is third in the Vita4One BMW No.66 and was ahead of Maxime Martin (BEL) in the Marc VDS BMW No.3.

In the final 15 minutes, No.24 Blancpain Reiter Lamborghini driven by Marc Hayek (CHE) left the track briefly resulting in a broken front splitter and smoke bellowing out of the right hand side of the car, sending him to the pits for a quick fix.

With only seven minutes to go the No.50 AF Corse Ferrari received a drive through penalty for overtaking before then end of the safety car procedure.

As the chequered flag dropped the Audi drove over the start/finish line proudly, well in the knowledge of a solid effort from the whole team. Taking second was the No.1 Audi Sport Team WRT Audi R8 and in third the No.66 Vita4One BMW Z4.

The No.52 AF Corse Ferrari 458 came top in the PRO-AM class. The No. 25 First Motorsport Porsche 997 GT3 R took the Gentlemen Racer class win and the No.94 Speedlover Porsche 997 GT3 R clinched the CUP Class win.

It actually wasn't cut that much. They only cut the night part of the race. Commentators and camera men have to sleep too. From what I read, it was mostly SC periods during the night anyways.

Just fricken great, I missed the end as well. Seriously, the covrage of this race is kinda poor. I mean really, Streaming only a few hours at at a time?

Here you go, available to us in the US:

Thanks for posting that. I should apoligize for that post I made, I really should've asked about the schedule for the final hours of streaming before I want off to bed assuming it would still be on. Before I head off to bed, I'd like to leave this here:

You are right, they entered the competition with two MP12-4c but forfaited just before the 24hrs race, They actually put a hold on all there action with the McClaren's. The car they ran was a new Audi wich will be used in the British GT...

BTW : Was along trackside for 5 days, enjoyed it very much, and will be posting my picture's later.

Last edited:
It actually wasn't cut that much. They only cut the night part of the race. Commentators and camera men have to sleep too. From what I read, it was mostly SC periods during the night anyways.

You are correct during the night a series of 7 or 8 fullcourse yellows where needed, sometimes the cars would do one lap, the next lap the SC was on track again. Actually this was kind of cool cause everytime you had a restart with a packed grid....(also the reason why it went so ofthen wrong during the night)

Thanks for posting that. I should apoligize for that post I made, I really should've asked about the schedule for the final hours of streaming before I want off to bed assuming it would still be on. Before I head off to bed, I'd like to leave this here:

Thanks for posting that, this really captures the being there vibe; except that Viper and SLS are even louder live then they are in that video. Haha. Fantastic experience watching this race there in Spa, though it was a bit hard to follow whats happening. No video or timing screens anywhere except in the restaurant, just an announcer that mostly talks in French.

Next time I need to get my hands on some radio thing, as i'm certainly going to be visiting some more races in the future :-)

You are correct during the night a series of 7 or 8 fullcourse yellows where needed, sometimes the cars would do one lap, the next lap the SC was on track again. Actually this was kind of cool cause everytime you had a restart with a packed grid....(also the reason why it went so ofthen wrong during the night)

Safety Cars breed Safety Cars.....

Back