GT Sport Holds Strong in PlayStation Store Sales

They need to increase the amount of daily online tracks to race from 3. Surely they could double it. Especially if one of those 3 is an oval, which I can't even be bothered with.

I get bored of racing the same ones after an hour, switch to Campaign/Driving Missions, get bored of those after an hour so turn off the game. Arcade is no real competition even on Expert.

It's hanging by a thread in my library of regularly played games - which is a shame because it looks and plays so well..

....until maybe the DLC arrives.

I think this game is really good.
I like online and appreciate what they are trying to do. For career mode, I play project cars 2 but have got fed up with online, qualifying high and then getting rammed off the track as my car is used as a brake for someone else.
GT for me so far, has been clean racing with people who seem to be racing fair. I have to think about overtaking in far more detail and I like that.
To be honest, I don’t mind the smaller number of tracks- as it gives me chance to learn them. With project cars, if I look at it, I only really raced in 5/6 tracks as I knew them. A few tracks as dlc on a regular basis suits me.
See you on the track.

I couldn’t be happier with this game. Although it lacks a few features I’d like (a proper GT Mode for one..) it is almost perfect. A powerful but simple livery editor, a mindblowing photomode, excellent online racing(for the most part) and of course the inclusion of social interaction. I love it. There’s more of course, but you get my point

Last edited:
Wondered how long it'd be before the detractors turned up. I don't understand why people hate to see news of a driving game doing well.

It doesn't have to be your favourite game ever, but the more popular the genre gets, the more likely that we see more stuff in this game and possibly more driving games in the future.

It almost seems like its "cool" to knock GT Sport at the moment.

They need to increase the amount of daily online tracks to race from 3. Surely they could double it. Especially if one of those 3 is an oval, which I can't even be bothered with.

I get bored of racing the same ones after an hour, switch to Campaign/Driving Missions, get bored of those after an hour so turn off the game. Arcade is no real competition even on Expert.

It's hanging by a thread in my library of regularly played games - which is a shame because it looks and plays so well..

....until maybe the DLC arrives.
Have you try Costum races?

I'm going to get crucified for saying this but it's dead to a lot of fans.
That's what I was thinking. Sales wise it may not be dieing ( because people are attracted to shiny things then cry its crap after purchase ) but the franchise started dieing years ago, it's a corporate product . The gamers are not the priority. If they were then PDI would have worked on a better career mode and AI after two dismal games, but no.

Last edited:
It doesn't have to be your favourite game ever, but the more popular the genre gets, the more likely that we see more stuff in this game

Getting more stuff is what anyone wants (especially when they are free) but has nothing to do with the popularity of the genre.And imo only helps said developer and title and not the genre in general.

and possibly more driving games in the future.

This depends on the market in general.One title can do excellent -sales wise/reviews- but that not nesseserally mean that other developers will choose to invest in the same genre.

It almost seems like its "cool" to knock GT Sport at the moment.

You can say the same thing for any (racing) title.

That's what I was thinking. Sales wise it may not be dieing ( because people are attracted to shiny things then cry its crap after purchase ) but the franchise started dieing years ago, it's a corporate product not. The gamers are not the priority. If they were then PDI would have worked on a better career mode and AI after two dismal games, but no.

You have just received a 10 second penalty!!!!

You may be right, but I'm just happy we have a GT title on the ps4. Hope they add Seasonal events down the line somewhere.

Getting more stuff is what anyone wants (especially when they are free) but has nothing to do with the popularity of the genre.And imo only helps said developer and title and not the genre in general.

This depends on the market in general.One title can do excellent -sales wise/reviews- but that not nesseserally mean that other developers will choose to invest in the same genre.

You can say the same thing for any (racing) title.

If the game doesn't sell, a developer isn't going to make lots of DLC. If the game continues to sell and be popular, the chances of more DLC is higher.

The more popular racing games get, the more likely other publishers/developers will think "we can make money on this.." and develop a game, so the genre gets better, budgets get bigger and we'll get more, higher quality games.

I don't agree on your last point - if one dares to criticise PCars here they get taken apart by the, shall we say more avid fans of racing games.

If the game doesn't sell, a developer isn't going to make lots of DLC. If the game continues to sell and be popular, the chances of more DLC is higher.

Usually DLC policy is decided before the said title is in the market and its not affected by the sales(unless that title tanks).
These days DCL is -sometimes- a way to "milk" more money" from customers -when its not free-.
In other cases that a title is a big project -in terms of years that will last- iRacing/AC,DCL are pretty much a way to keep the game "alive" and going.
iRacing is a -almost-10 year project.Their DCL policy is much different that F7/Pcars/GTS.

The more popular racing games get, the more likely other publishers/developers will think "we can make money on this.." and develop a game, so the genre gets better, budgets get bigger and we'll get more, higher quality games.

One title can do very well -sell very well- within that genre- but that does mean that is a good reason for other developers to enter.They have to concider many things before they do that,most of them have nothing to do with one title selling good.

I don't agree on your last point - if one dares to criticise PCars here they get taken apart by the, shall we say more avid fans of racing games.

And the same goes with GTS or other racing titles.I really cant see why you would argue this but the case is that GTS does not get treated any different than other titles.

That's what I was thinking. Sales wise it may not be dieing ( because people are attracted to shiny things then cry its crap after purchase ) but the franchise started dieing years ago, it's a corporate product not. The gamers are not the priority. If they were then PDI would have worked on a better career mode and AI after two dismal games, but no.
I strongly disagree the think you & many many other pepole don't get is that Kaz did his thing in every GT ever. What changed is that back then because it was the only Sim type game out there pepole liked it until 2005-2010 (GT4) . But when other games like GT arrived on the scene offering other tastes pepole woke up & realized GT wasen't as good as it looked to be. That dosen't mean GT is dead by any means .

Last edited:
I strongly disagree the think you & many many other pepole don't get is that Kaz did his thing any every GT ever. What changed is that back then because it was the only Sim type game out there pepole liked it until 2005-2010 (GT4) . But when other games like GT arrived on the scene offering other tastes pepole woke up & realized GT wasen't as good as it looked to be. That dosen't mean GT is dead by any means .

,I dont get your point exactly but GT was in no way the only "sim" type game in the market,at any moment.
NASCAR 1 (1994 with online races btw) for example or IndyCar Racing.And there were other titles too that were called "sims" back then.

,I dont get your point exactly but GT was in no way the only "sim" type game in the market,at any moment.
NASCAR 1 (1994 with online races btw) for example or IndyCar Racing.And there were other titles too that were called "sims" back then.
My point is Kaz never cared about the gamers he just did his thing imo

My point is Kaz never cared about the gamers he just did his thing imo

If he did not care at all about his customer,he would not be able to create a big series like GT.
He may not be "listening" as he did in the past,but you cannot sell all these milions of copies if you dont listen and understand the market.
Then you need good ways to advertise your product.Even when you dont deliver what you promise,still you need to know what "promises" you have to make in order to sell.

If he did not care at all about his customer,he would not be able to create a big series like GT.
He may not be "listening" as he did in the past,but you cannot sell all these milions of copies if you dont listen and understand the market.
Then you need good ways to advertise your product.Even when you dont deliver what you promise,still you need to know what "promises" you have to make in order to sell.
Agreed but i never said he didn't care at all he does but not much as i said the only Difference is that what we liked was the same with what Kaz wanted no its not

Agreed but i never said he didn't care at all he does but not much as i said the only Difference is that what we liked was the same with what Kaz wanted no its not

My guess is that "we" you mean "you" and people that agree with you.BTW PD made a decision about the direction of this game.For best or worse,time will tell.
Everybody -that could read behind the lines- could evaluate if this product is worth bying or not (from their point of view of course).

My guess is that "we" you mean "you" and people that agree with you.BTW PD made a decision about the direction of this game.For best or worse,time will tell.
Everybody -that could read behind the lines- could evaluate if this product is worth bying or not (from their point of view of course).
No no by saying we i mean the pepole who don't like the game any more.I agree on the rest.

Latest Posts

Back