Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door: An Inflated GT or a Sportier CLS?

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 47 comments

RocZX

Premium
United States
New York
Mercedes-AMG GT concept, a four door sports car to shown at Geneva
Mercedes-AMG-GT-2.jpg

Edit:

Last edited:
Well, at least it should look better than the upside-down-banana first-gen CLS...

If they call this GT 4, that's going to be a bit of an awkward naming situation against their supposed upcoming GT4 race car.
landscape-1480970262-16c1111-01-d335161.jpg

If they call this GT 4, that's going to be a bit of an awkward naming situation against their supposed upcoming GT4 race car.
landscape-1480970262-16c1111-01-d335161.jpg

Porsche probably won't allow Mercedes to use "GT 4", not after what happened with Aston Martin using GT3 on a road car (for what is now the Vantage GT12).

Porsche probably won't allow Mercedes to use "GT 4", not after what happened with Aston Martin using GT3 on a road car (for what is now the Vantage GT12).

I don't know how Porsche can claim it, since Lotus used it first on the Esprit?

I hate to encourage Mercedes bizarre naming conventions, but as this is based off the E/CLS chassis (as @Eunos_Cosmo accurately predicted), I figured a dedicated thread made more sense for the sedan.

On a more personal note, as a big fan of the coupe, I just don't want to sully its good name. :P

(But really, I actually do like this more than the frumpy CLS, and think it's a worthy Panamera competitor. Better? Dunno. But worthy nonetheless.)

I want to know who were the high profile customers, that kept saying, "Me and my millionaire friends, would buy AMG GTs. If only it had 4 doors.".

Back