Mercedes-AMG GT 4-Door: An Inflated GT or a Sportier CLS?

• Thread starter RocZX
  • 47 comments
I want to know who were the high profile customers, that kept saying, "Me and my millionaire friends, would buy AMG GTs. If only it had 4 doors.".

I think it's more a case of the Merc board sat round mulling over what they can do, now they've diluted the AMG brand with 35 separate AMG models, to make the CLS a bit more special.

From that angle, it looks worse than the 928 4-door.
1fbd3904d60ad7b77cf81a1f7a419d3396471006.jpg

Umm...say, you know... from this angle, in white, it looks alright. :dopey:

Entry level Mercedes-AMG GT 43 makes its debut with opinion-dividing retro wheels
2019-mercedes-amg-gt-43-four-door-coupe.jpg

2019-mercedes-amg-gt-43-four-door-coupe.jpg

I'm not sure the red paint is doing it any favours, though picturing this in black creates a menacing proposition.

Still a fatty, but those wheels are cool. Hopefully they spread to other models...

As usual, when others find cars hideous, I find them rather appealing. Especially the dark red with the retro black-ish wheels.

As usual, when others find cars hideous, I find them rather appealing. Especially the dark red with the retro black-ish wheels.

Don't get me wrong, the wheels are perfect. MB needs to have them on every car they make.

VXR
I don't know how Porsche can claim it, since Lotus used it first on the Esprit?

Probably for the exact same legal reasons some idiots can trademark “UGG” as a sheepskin boot brand, when this word has been used for decades to describe boots made out of sheepskin.

Does it seem to you guys like Mercedes is having trouble creating a rear end that is actually appealing? Their cars have a weird termination to them recently. 10-20 years ago they seemed to be able to sculpt a backside.

Back