Stunning Gran Turismo 8K/120FPS Footage Revealed at Industry Event

upload_2018-11-26_22-26-28.png

Still problems with reflections. :\
Shows the end of the tunnel on the hood.

View attachment 782780

Still problems with reflections. :\
Shows the end of the tunnel on the hood.

That might be another proof this footage is indeed from GTSport and the reflection system GTS use carried over to this 8k footage with the mistakes and everything.Which is madness because this amazing footage is still based on a PS4 game,what the hell could PD be able to achieve making a game with 8k 120 FPS as the base target?

:drool::drool::drool:

Imagine the FIA championship races broadcasted with this quality: high frequency/resolution reflections, cool camera views...

Well,while GTS can achieve 4k the live events are not broadcasted in 4k,they have to cut some corners for the livestreams.

Could be running on a PS5 dev-kit but I doubt PS5 will do 8K.

That is a question mark for me,with the consoles ditching the Jaguar CPU,the jump to next gen is expected to be pretty big and some hurdles this gen had because of the Jaguar system won't exist anymore next gen,i wouldn't be surprised if 8k is achievable next gen,this gen was capable of achieving 4k.But 120 FPS won't happen or it will happen in a really limited tech demo.

Also,the Ray Tracing that everyone is freaking out about won't happen next gen,PS5 won't have the RTX ray tracing cards,it's expected to use AMD cards.

Well,while GTS can achieve 4k the live events are not broadcasted in 4k,they have to cut some corners for the livestreams.

That is a question mark for me,with the consoles ditching the Jaguar CPU,the jump to next gen is expected to be pretty big and some hurdles this gen had because of the Jaguar system won't exist anymore next gen,i wouldn't be surprised if 8k is achievable next gen,this gen was capable of achieving 4k.But 120 FPS won't happen or it will happen in a really limited tech demo.

Also,the Ray Tracing that everyone is freaking out about won't happen next gen,PS5 won't have the RTX ray tracing cards,it's expected to use AMD cards.

Mark Cernie said that "8TFLOPS are needed to run PS4 in Native 3840 x 2160 - 4K60FPS.

I wonder how much is in system powering this "monster".

What if PS5 hits 8K with checker-boarding?

Well, same thing in Madrid. It didn’t occured to anyone that the live spectacing feed on the big screen looked absolutely crystal clear and beautiful, while running at (at least) 60fps?

I wonder if it was running on a high-end PC or a next gen PlayStation.

Mark Cernie said that "8TFLOPS are needed to run PS4 in Native 3840 x 2160 - 4K60FPS.

I wonder how much is in system powering this "monster".

So 8k is basically 4x 4k and on top on that it is 2x for fps. Which comes in total 8x more GFX power, or silly 64TFLOPS :D

Wish we could have this sort of off-center hood camera in actual gameplay. Don't know how useful it would be for racing but it sure looks cool. Reminds me of NFS ProStreet's hood cam in fact.

Then it will be overpriced and overlooked (by gamers). Most people don't have a 4K TV yet, let alone 8K. It would make the console too expensive to buy, given the spec it would need to run 8K at 60fps minimum.

They can push the graphics as much as they want. I am so disappointed with the Series. They lost me with GT6. Maybe i have just grown out of GT, since it is not evolving. The main aim should be immersion and not over the top graphics. With VR they had the chance and they blew it with that silly VR-Tour crap. To many fake tracks and cars and wats that BS with the Gruop 1, 2 and so on? With the official FIA Licence no GT3, GT4 or LMP? „The Real Driving Simulator“ has bin turned into „The Real Photo Simulator“. So much potential and resources wasted on useless crap in the game and that with 5 to 6 years of development. Sony should fire Kaz an put someone in charge who actually loves motorsport and not just himself.

They can push the graphics as much as they want. I am so disappointed with the Series. They lost me with GT6. Maybe i have just grown out of GT, since it is not evolving. The main aim should be immersion and not over the top graphics. With VR they had the chance and they blew it with that silly VR-Tour crap. To many fake tracks and cars and wats that BS with the Gruop 1, 2 and so on? With the official FIA Licence no GT3, GT4 or LMP? „The Real Driving Simulator“ has bin turned into „The Real Photo Simulator“. So much potential and resources wasted on useless crap in the game and that with 5 to 6 years of development. Sony should fire Kaz an put someone in charge who actually loves motorsport and not just himself.
xDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD

Thanks for adding absolutely nothing to the conversation chief.

Then it will be overpriced and overlooked (by gamers). Most people don't have a 4K TV yet, let alone 8K. It would make the console too expensive to buy, given the spec it would need to run 8K at 60fps minimum.

I'm speaking of a dev-kit not the actual PS5.

Dev-kits are normally overpowered to standard consoles, some have twice the power. Remember the 4X PS3's used to power GT5 in native 4K, they might have made something similar.

Realistically the PS5 might have around 10-15TF

No 8k res.

https://www.gtplanet.net/gran-turismo-at-4x-hd-resolution-240-frames-per-second/

I just noticed PD made a 4K demo with GT5 Prologue.

illustration1.jpg

So 8k is basically 4x 4k and on top on that it is 2x for fps. Which comes in total 8x more GFX power, or silly 64TFLOPS :D

8K not 8X :D

"Only" :lol: IMO, it's a pre-rendered scene on monsters PCs and far beyond PS5. And what is the difference between a ray tracing scene and without it?

Without is actually possible in real time, with isn't. :)

The whole 4k fever only hit consoles in 2016,if next gen follow the same schedule it will be some time till we get 8k.

It's just a tech demo at the moment. It's going to be a while until consumers are able to embrace this tech. If at all.

Back