Gran Turismo Sport Game Update Arrives March 25

Last edited:
I hope it's to revert the penalty system back to the way it was. Currently you can shove people out of your way without any consequence, it's unfair and infuriating.
and in previous penalty version (probably worst of all) you would get shove out by people and get penalty for it ;d polyphony can't get good penalty system(penalty system for all or almost no penalty) so current version is probably best they can implement

Last edited:
I hope it's to revert the penalty system back to the way it was. Currently you can shove people out of your way without any consequence, it's unfair and infuriating.
Amen. Exactly what I was gonna say. All I want is the old penalty even if it had its flaws.At least it taught players to keep their damn distance. Now it's an unfair deathmatch.

Plus I hope it stop the game from crashing when getting a penalty. It rarely happens, but it does, since the last patch. I noticed it happened to other players too. They get disconnected (most probably game crashing) just seconds after hitting another car, purposefully or not. Like if the system can't elaborate the right decision for the penalty and just crashes.

snc
and in previous penalty version (probably worst of all) you would get shove out by people and get penalty for it ;d polyphony can't get good penalty system(penalty system for all or almost no penalty) so current version is probably best they can implement
I'm getting WAY MORE unfair penalties now than before and grievers are not being penalized for their unsporting behavior, so I disagree.
The perfect example is the fact that I get brake checked 1km before the corner and I get the penalty. Another example is a corner on Red Bull Ring: people now shove me into the dirt (making me lose 10 seconds and 10 positions) and they get no penalty whatsoever for it.

Last edited:
Amen. Exactly what I was gonna say. All I want is the old penalty even if it had its flaws.At least it taught players to keep their damn distance. Now it's an unfair deathmatch.

Plus I hope it stop the game from crashing when getting a penalty. It rarely happens, but it does, since the last patch. I noticed it happened to other players too. They get disconnected (most probably game crashing) just seconds after hitting another car, purposefully or not. Like if the system can't elaborate the right decision for the penalty and just crashes.

I'm getting WAY MORE unfair penalties now than before and grievers are not being penalized for their unsporting behavior, so I disagree.
The perfect example is the fact that I get brake checked 1km before the corner and I get the penalty. Another example is a corner on Red Bull Ring: people now shove me into the dirt (making me lose 10 seconds and 10 positions) and they get no penalty whatsoever for it.

How in the heck are you getting more penalties now? You have to damn near kill someone just to get a 1s penalty right now? Whereas before you’d get 3s for being within 5 feet of another car.

Bumper cars will always happen at the lower levels, I’d much rather not get a penalty for getting smashed off the road than get one. The pushing car rarely gets a penalty under either system, and your gonna get hit either way. So why take a penalty along with it??

Last edited:
How in the heck are you getting more penalties now? You have to damn near kill someone just to get a 1s penalty right now? Whereas before you’d get 3s for being within 5 feet of another car.

Bumper cars will always happen at the lower levels, I’d much rather not get a penalty for getting smashed of the road than get one. The pushing g car rarely gets a pen under either system, and your gonna get hit either way. Why take a penalty along with it??
Can 't agree more. Please don't let PD roll the penalty system back to what it was before. Getting a 4s penalty for tapping the corner of a car as they spin out of control in front of you then head off track when you get caught out as an innocent bystander is a joke, and we don't need more of that!

Last edited:
When a race starts, the game doesn't take you out of Auto Drive and the game just keeps driving for you. Only way to get out of it is to quit the race.

That was really weird and I'd never seen it before or since that lobby we were in lol

Bumper cars will always happen at the lower levels, I’d much rather not get a penalty for getting smashed off the road than get one. The pushing car rarely gets a penalty under either system, and your gonna get hit either way. So why take a penalty along with it??
I never said that. Read the two passages in my reply again. I said I'm getting way more unfair penalties. Not more penalties all together.
And by unfair I mean me getting a penalty instead of the person who actually pushed me in the corner to gain one position.
Another important issue, that happened to me at least 3 times last week during the Red Bull Ring Race, is people pushing me all the way out of the track on purpose, making me lose 10 seconds and 10 positions and not getting any.single.penalty.for.it.

Of course before we had more penalties. That's why I wrote I was glad they were there, so people would stop bumping into each other that much, they would keep the distance in some way, more than with a more forgiving penalty system.

Last edited:
Back