"Daily" Race Discussion

• Thread starter GTPNewsWire
  • 7,163 comments
Don't forget to use the official IGTL corner names, curated by actual real french people !

stqwackc.png

I was in the McLaren. It’s a contender here. Punches above its weight on this combo. A bit tough on tyres but in both races I’ve been either FL or 2nd fastest.
I'd love to use the McLaren for once. I think it's easily the best-looking of the VGT Gr.1 cars, but it's just never competitive enough for me to use it. I was hoping the Gr.C machines would be competitive, but if I can use the McLaren and be competitive it'll still be a fun combo. I'll have to try my "Old Faithful" Mazda VGT too.

I'm looking forward to trying out Race A for this week, since I'm not even sure if I ever got the chance to try out the E30 M3. And pretty much every Maggiore layout is great, too.
I ran that a couple times overnight. It's a nice track for that car. The races were a lot of fun! :cheers:

Race A should be a really good one. The car is great to drive and the track is pretty thrilling.
Looks like an A race week, from my side. I think C is just way too much too hard too many crashes too long too many turns for me.
A looks like the most fun.

Going to be Race B week for me, can't ignore Monza.

Been an eye opening day today.

Took my trusty Beetle out, into the low 49's, but can sense a high 48. The low 49 sticking me in the middle of the pack making for a couple of interesting races. But noticing the sheer pace of the McLaren I took it for a spin and was staggered by the time I was finding. After 2 laps adjusting to the car I was mid 48s already, qualifying in the top 5 or 6 consistently. Couple of very good races, podium or close, one absolute shocker of a race where I seemed to forget how to drive and accumulate many penalties (apologies for anybody I annoyed that race). This dropped my SR from S to A in one fell swoop.

My final race of the evening starting in 6th, got to 4th before the Lesmos, nudged off on the 2nd and into 14th on Lap 1. Then on Lap 3 somebody used me as brake on the 1st corner and shoved me across the track, but dragged myself to 7th, which I was delighted with.

Before jumping off I did a few more qualifying laps, tidying up my turns a little taking my quali time down from 48.4 to 47.6. One of my best laps of Monza in any car I've driven there.

DR up today, SR down, look forward to tomorrow

Hi, this is a public announcement to not use the Nissan GT-R Gr. 1 for Daily Race C, not even for the "lol's."
Tire wear is so horrendous, both the Racing Soft and Medium tires are pretty much worn out two laps in.

For this one and only race in that demon spawn, I started pole position on the Medium tires. I got so much wheelspin at the start of the race, I already had a tick of tire wear. It's that bad, trust me. :) I had to whip on Traction Control to try to stop the wheelspin, which lead to a few 908's passing me at turn 1.
Add in the rapid front tire wear (since this car is an FF Hybrid), and I was losing more than four seconds per lap. Also lapping 10 seconds per lap slower than the fastest 908 didn't help. I added in the images of the end of my stints to show how bad the tire wear is on the GT-R. I went 4 Medium - 3 Soft.

Screenshot (894).png

Screenshot (892).png

Screenshot (893).png

I'm surprised the Audi VGT is doing so well on time trials, at least in NA. It has two completely unserious features (useless 6th gear and horrific wheelspin on acceleration) that I cannot get ahold of. What are y'all doing to avoid understeering into the shadow realm with it?

Yes, with my 35.8 qual, I was one of those that was bumping around you. And I believe in one of those races that we were in together, I was defending my right to the line a bit vigorously and do apologize for being a stubborn racer
Yeah, you got your money's worth on that one, doored me pretty good.. I was able to brace for it and avoided the 1.5 penalty for hitting the wall so no biggie. Here's a pic, for old times sake
20210627_133927.jpg

Full discloure: I'm not scolding anybody. If it's ftw and I'm faster and you're blocking me I'm moving ya, just ask old Jet ski Joe. I hit one old boy so hard yesterday it mighta broke his ps4 lol.

ull discloure: I'm not scolding anybody. If it's ftw and I'm faster and you're blocking me I'm moving ya, just ask old Jet ski Joe
Fair defense is one thing.
Blocking is another. I wonder sometimes what percentage of players know the difference.
If you’re faster, pass fairly, if you are truly getting blocked I agree.
The thing is in this game many players take it as an insult anytime a car moves to the inside on a straight before a braking zone.

Last edited:
I'm surprised the Audi VGT is doing so well on time trials, at least in NA. It has two completely unserious features (useless 6th gear and horrific wheelspin on acceleration) that I cannot get ahold of. What are y'all doing to avoid understeering into the shadow realm with it?
3rd gear has egregious wheel spin when hybrid power is available. Short shift into 4th - it helps address the problem.

For 6th gear defer shifting until you hit 280 kph in 5th as 6th is a rather long gear. The fast drivers hit over 320 kph in 6th on the back straight.

It is quick and is giving me the fastest lap times and is a bit more steady than the Peugeot 908. There is still a second or to left for me to find.

The SRT Tomahawk can get to 336 kph in 7th gear for comparison.

Blocking is another. I wonder sometimes what percentage of players know the difference.
The thing is in this game many players take it as an insult anytime a car moves to the inside on a straight before a braking zone.
Nah not as an insult, more fear, bred by repetition of dive bombs. I had it happen all the time when I simply want to move out of the slipstream of the car ahead before the braking zone, they mirror my moves to keep their car in front of me. Not my fault if I bump you when you slam on the brakes on fresh tires...

Many many players do take it as an insult when you pass them, no matter how clean. Always funny on Sarthe in a GR.C car vs the sprinters. Side swiping and blocking on the straight, not realizing they can draft me and simply sprint by me out of the next corner and so forth, so we both go faster.

Santa Cruz is not a bad track, but I think I'll stay in hibernation. Too many places for a GR.C car to get punted.

Gee i usually defend monza saying its not so bad but it was brutal tonight. Some outright dirty driving, some way too optimistic and some clueless, YOU NEED TO BRAKE EARLIER IN A TOW PEOPLE. Jesus.

Got punted in each race, a real shame as I feel racey, I am easily keeping pace with S/A drivers, if I could stay on track I'd have finished top 5 each time.

Must say, once I was in 2nd after dodging most of the mayhem and making some sweet passes only to fail to remove my finger off the gas as I applied the brake (I sort of slide my finger over) and lost 9 places on the last chicane last lap dammit.

Tried the merc and mustang. The Mercedes feels really good, I can turn just as fast a time In the mustang but the merc feels better, turns in better, brakes better etc, I feel very very racey in it.

TBH the merc feels a bit weird here, like it has.more entry oversteer. I am on BB-3 and the front are close to locking but I am getting too much entry turn in on bb-2.

I qualied with a 48 flat but I have a 47.5 in me, I just need to get every corner right. Its clearly there as I am running with guys who ran 47.5 in races.

Will try the vette tomorrow, which is the meta, but I cannot get that thing to ever work for me, too loose. May try the BMW mclaren too, just to see.

I saw one lunatic in the nsx, madman.

Last edited:
Didn't realize that I was blocking, I was believing I was defending my right to the driving line, rewatched my video and again I do apologize for my driving.

The lm55 goes alright on the croissant it just eats up the long straights lacks a bit of punch through the slow-medium corners where the hybrids especially ts050 get that punch out of the corners and wears the fronts a bit much even with bb-4.

Had a lot of fun driving race C after taking a race or 2 to remember the track properly. Should be fun to hotlap it in some different cars when I get sick of starting with no qualy time.

Latest Posts

Back