"Daily" Race Discussion

Discussion in 'Gran Turismo Sport' started by GTPNewsWire, Dec 28, 2020.

1. Mistah_MCA

Mistah_MCA

Replace all of that with Fiat 500 F at Maggiore Center :lol:

No, PD, I don't want that, please. Do consider having an Aston Martin Vulcan one-make race, that would be awesome.

Groundfish, OJBrit, Pigems and 2 others like this.
  2. 05XR8

05XR8

I'd go for the Vulcan, Zonda R or P1 GTR One Make, at St Croix C II.

OR_2020, AfraidRacer and Pigems like this.
  3. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Race tracks should have hard sections, this has that extra risk factor of walls. I don't really like it but I do want to be challenged. It's the idiots I want removed

D_Dragline, tttao, baygencos and 3 others like this.
  4. Hdbd04

Hdbd04

My blood is literally boiling after losing a 13/15 clean race streak because of a small "bump" that I had caused from Race B. Seeing next week's races makes me weak.

(Edit: People who brake at the early stages of turn 3 are despicable even if they are close to the car in front of them in the same turn.)

Last edited: Jan 15, 2021
    barak181, deviln3, crusselz and 3 others like this.
  5. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Just had some terrible drivers in C, but a guy with the tag sirpuntsalot, well should I have rammed him?

Pigems likes this.
  6. Rexracer702

Rexracer702

I had the exact opposite happen last night in the A race. 2nd race of the week. First race of the week (previous A race) i didn't realize it was grid start, and spun off the line. This one, had a good start, and mid race I caught the battle for 3rd (I think) Had a run off T1 and went outside in T2 and 3, giving me the inside on T4. So far all is clean. From what I can tell (forgot to save replay, was a bit POed) just as I lifted and turned in, the car outside, with a couple inches of overlap, turned into me, and spun me off. @sturk0167 had a good view, so he may know more. Too bad...I had just done a 21, and was in the groove and having fun.

7. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

It wouldn't be just Group C probably -- hope you're good in the TS050 too ;)

Pigems and AfraidRacer like this.
  8. AfraidRacer

AfraidRacer

Yes yes yes, Zonda R is amazing at Croix C II.

OR_2020, 05XR8 and Pigems like this.
  9. O604

O604

DTS is popular here. Even the best come out. Americas region top 2 currently is Brooks and Fraga. :tup:

Pigems, AfraidRacer and Groundfish like this.
  10. NAXEHT

NAXEHT

Yeah, the last couple of corners, indeed.

I agree completely. Would be lovely to have the option.

Pigems likes this.
  11. Groundfish

Groundfish

Good morning friends,

Yesterday evening I hopped into the 16 GTR to complete a few Death Star trench runs through the COD from a q of mid 27.
    The car is solid. First 2 races I finished well but in the third an NSX and Lexus ahead started fighting lap 2. They were running second and third and side by side approaching the COD. The Lexus was driven by a top name and the NSX was an unknown. Neither yielded until finally they both brakes on entry...
    Imo it was bad form on both parts since I was sitting fourth and their bogging stacked the field up behind me.
    I had a run on the NSX on exit-he was passing the Lexus, then I got boosted by someone behind past both of them up the inside approaching the final turn.
    This led to a three wide condition approaching t1 with 3 more right behind.
    I was in the center, again no one yielded.
    Came outta turn one and 2 in third but the cars behind had sorted themselves and taken racing line. I was bashed by turns three and four by several cars dropping spots to eighth then again bottom of hill divebombed to eleventh.
    I started to get very angry but tamed my emotion and set about catching up.
    After a lap or two still on meds I’m back up to 8th and seventh swerve blocks me turn 1 but I get a run to turn four had the inside where he swerved in and brake checks me.
    Yeah sorry bud that’s a pedal to the metal for me and you can talk it over with Hasselhoff on the beach.
    I took 4 seconds...
    I stayed out ten laps on mediums, passed up the big name Lexus but never caught the others finishing 2 seconds back of the lead pack.
    Stayed 99.
    I think too much roughhousing is why there were less top guys no qual, and less A plus in the fray last night.
    They love the race here but with the regular crew of 30-39 k bashers in there they ruin it and put peoples sr too much at risk.
    I’m hoping tonight more top guys join to prevent this...Either way Ima roll agin this evenin.

12. Groundfish

Groundfish

I really need to make a gaudy 16 GTR gr2 livery....

Pigems likes this.
  13. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

I ran a Durex livery on Big Lex last week at Interlagos. It at least let people know what my intentions were :lol:

14. Pigems

Pigems Premium

Maybe we need a KY Car? :lol:

15. Groundfish

Groundfish

Add this when feeling more friendly..:)

890D1C67-AE4C-43D6-9C30-845861A38390.jpeg

Someone please make a decal lmao

16. KiepeYai

KiepeYai

:cheers:Gr1 at spa ,

17. OutsiderC

OutsiderC

New daily races are up

Tsukuba n300
    Lago Maggiorre Gr 4
    Spa Gr 1

18. KosmoKazi

KosmoKazi

Avoiding the tools that use the wall to brake in T1 at BMB really makes for crap racing in Race A... as if the rest of it was any cleaner, I know, but still. It could be fun with clean racers... the Greddy Fugu is a riot to sling around.

19. jad866

jad866

finally GR1 at spa should be fun , and a rolling start qualy is going to be very important

Pigems and KiepeYai like this.
  20. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

Come to DRWF tonight ;)

21. 05XR8

05XR8

I predicted Lago somewhere. :lol:

Well, what was it last time? Started with RCZs and the Viper & C7 came to the fore?
    Edit: I'm just hyped for TCR Australia starting next weekend. Got some new liveries I want to see in replays.

Going to try the LM55 at Spa this time.

AfraidRacer and Pigems like this.
  22. baygencos

baygencos

I'm goin to be grinding DR next week. Hope i can get to A+ at these circuits.

edit: I'll be at Tsukuba. I believe Lago Maggiore will be a ff fest and i'm too old for Spa gr1.

Pigems likes this.
  23. Rexracer702

Rexracer702

If N300 is the Fugu again, I'll be splitting time...if I have much, between Tsukaba and Spa. I love that combo at Tsukaba because the car is a hoot, and I can run with the big boys there. It would definitely put me solidly back at A, which is good for points in FIA. I hope Spa is set up where something besides the TS 050 can compete.

24. RacingGrandpa

RacingGrandpa

Little_Guppy, Pigems and Norrin Radd like this.
  25. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

Never too old!!!

baygencos and Pigems like this.
  26. KiepeYai

KiepeYai

The way spa is setup, Not sure what will come out on top between GrC and Hybrids, both looks like they can manage 1.58s or a bit lower here ,

*just checked, looks like hybrids rock here,,ermm how do you save juice again :nervous:

jad866, Pigems and Groundfish like this.
  27. O604

O604

Rule #6 clearly states you should consult a physician if you have concerns. :confused:

[​IMG]

NoStopN, tttao, OR_2020 and 8 others like this.
  28. roamingbard13

roamingbard13

I think the Gr C cars will be annihilated in Sector 2, especially with dirty air. It'll be interesting to see if they have a enough top speed to play ball in the other sectors.

29. KiepeYai

KiepeYai

They will annihilate the hybrids come straights , the difference is 30+ kph, so it looks like a tie :lol:

Pigems likes this.
  30. Norrin Radd

Norrin Radd

AH, but your forgetting there is no rule #6

rhcpeppers, O604, Pigems and 2 others like this.