3DMark 11 Thread.

• Thread starter Casio
  • 381 comments
Mother of god... overkill much? :lol:

Hahaha yeah..... maybe just a little bit :lol:.

It's actually 2x 690's but who's counting right? :D

Yes, I would love to see some pics also! And yes, I have already scoped out what it would take to integrate a third 780. Muwahahahaha

Probably upload a pic later, still some stuff to go in :sly:👍
Would love to see another card in your system :embarrassed:
but as you said just wait for the next round of chip sets.

Also, is the quoted ram speed accurate? if so I'll need to take a look at mine, should be running at 1600MHz

No, I don't think it is. That's just referring to the "speed it reckons" my result was clocked at, which is not the case. Mine is higher than what is in the result.
PS. not a bad result 👍

EDIT - Posted some pics here

Last edited:
I'm still unsure about what's going on with my Physics score. Both are running at the same CPU speed, but I am getting 2000 less compared to my old score.

I had this problem previously but seemed to sort itself out. But now, it seems to be doing it constantly. Pretty sure I'd be in the ~14500...

Still getting random physics scores with absolutely no change whatsoever to earlier (no where near as high as my old scores still), but P14180 will be my final score for now. :P

Cheers man. 👍

New PC build of:

i5 3570k
7870XT
16GB @ 1866 of DDR3
Win 8 (not actually minding it)

3DMark Score
P7508
Graphics Score
Physics Score
Combined Score

3DMark Score
Graphics Score
Physics Score
Combined Score
Graphics Test 1
Graphics Test 2
Graphics Test 3
Graphics Test 4
Physics Test
Combined Test

For a medium price build (£750) I am quite pleased with that, picked carefully on GPU/CPU with deals and saved £50-60 in those alone.

Two very similar threads....

Updated test, as my 7870XT snuffed it and has been replaced with a 760 OC:

3DMark Score
8262 3DMarks
Graphics Score
Physics Score
Combined Score
Graphics Test 1
42.54 fps
Graphics Test 2
42.33 fps
Graphics Test 3
56.82 fps
Graphics Test 4
28.2 fps
Physics Test
20.24 fps
Combined Test
29.38 fps

Not quite getting the difference in the Physics scores?

What card did you get?

I'm still sitting on my 780, sold my second one so I'm single card now. I do, however, regret that. Still waiting for something that will blow the 780 out of the water, but it just isn't there yet. It will come. :)

I picked up the 970. The problem now is I upgraded from my two 6950's for the same reason you're waiting to upgrade from your 780 - it just blew them out of the water - and I may have boned myself as a result, considering I was waiting for Fiji to see where that performed.

Now I might just wait it out.

What card did you get?

I'm still sitting on my 780, sold my second one so I'm single card now. I do, however, regret that. Still waiting for something that will blow the 780 out of the water, but it just isn't there yet. It will come. :)
Hopefully with Pascal 14nm and HBM2 should get much more performance than a Titan X at less than a 970 in terms of price if Greenland is competitive next year.

Hopefully with Pascal 14nm and HBM2 should get much more performance than a Titan X at less than a 970 in terms of price if Greenland is competitive next year.

Yes, that would do it. ;)

I've looked at the Titan's long and hard, but I just have too many other things taking my financial attention at the moment, but even at that, the increase in performance just doesn't seem wide enough to merit the cost to benefit.

Yes, that would do it. ;)

I've looked at the Titan's long and hard, but I just have too many other things taking my financial attention at the moment, but even at that, the increase in performance just doesn't seem wide enough to merit the cost to benefit.
The Titan X and Z seem like a a bit waste of money unless you seriously need the performance now. Probably lose most of their value in a years time of buying.

Looking forward to the improvements, 1TB/sec bandwidth, lower cost and power and more compact design potentially.

The Titan X and Z seem like a a bit waste of money unless you seriously need the performance now. Probably lose most of their value in a years time of buying.

Looking forward to the improvements, 1TB/sec bandwidth, lower cost and power and more compact design potentially.

My thoughts exactly. I would have thought they would have drop significantly in price already. The 980's and Titan's both are holding steady in that upper price range. It will stay until AMD does something serious to force the issue. HBM1 sounds to be their response to which, as you started, nVidia already has a reply and it hasn't even hit the market yet. :)

My thoughts exactly. I would have thought they would have drop significantly in price already. The 980's and Titan's both are holding steady in that upper price range. It will stay until AMD does something serious to force the issue. HBM1 sounds to be their response to which, as you started, nVidia already has a reply and it hasn't even hit the market yet. :)
AMD also have a reply for Pascal with Greenland, will be interesting to see how strong it is though as Nvidia have upped their game a lot with Maxwell already and roadmap looks promising. Also with Cannonlake and Zen, should be interesting on CPU front. Should help get really high scores in these benchmarks while being power frugal and hopefully at a low cost compared to now. Looking bright for next-gen consoles and mobile devices too with the improvements beng made.

Back