400PP Non-Racing Car and Tuned Car Super Lap: Tsukuba Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 154 comments
I spent a little more time on it last night and improved to a 1:08.1xx after realizing the fast times were being set without the chassis lightened. Doing that allowed me to go way up to a whopping 124hp. Also liked the trans posted above, but with a 5.35 final drive.

None of the other setup adjustments worked for me though. Went back to the rest of mine otherwise.

Got a 1.14.466 with a Honda Jazz 1.4 DSi '01 I think I can squeeze in around .600's around some corners. if this is a bust, I'll try with a differen't unused car. I always avoid the GSX

Update on 1.13.984 . I thinnk I can only put around .200 more. gonna try another car
you should try the Homell Berlinette, both tuned and stock, it is a really fun car on this track...

you should try the Homell Berlinette, both tuned and stock, it is a really fun car on this track...
The Hommel is a step down GSR/X so I'm avoiding those cars we know they are good to get a good time. the geexer, the hommel, the elises etc.

There's a Lotus Elise 111R at 1:09.0 with TCS:2 and ABS:2 while my 10-lap run in the Lotus Elise '11 was good for 1:09.6 with TCS:2 and ABS:1. @GTsail290 tune from 350pp Autumn Ring Quick Match, powered up and 170kg ballast instead of 200kg.

Kept scrolling and eventually found another pair of Lotus Elise '11 at 1:08.678 and 1:08.672! The faster one is TCS:0 and ABS:1 with stick steering controller. A full second faster than me. :scared:

At exactly 1:08.6 there's a Lotus 111R '04 but active steering with a wheel.

@Lilium at 1:08.594 there's a Suzuki Wagon R RR with automatic gears. TCS:0 ABS:1 button steering. :lol:

1:08.464 another 111R TCS:0 ABS:1 steering wheel.

1:07.258 Daihatsu Move Custom RS Limited '02 TCS:0 ABS:1 button steering. That's 50th place at the moment!!

Four-wheel-drive Kei cars might be a good tip to beat 100,000 GSX-R/4. Without using the other 'halo' vehicles at 400pp with C1 tyres.

@Lilium at 1:08.594 there's a Suzuki Wagon R RR with automatic gears. TCS:0 ABS:1 button steering. :lol:

1:08.464 another 111R TCS:0 ABS:1 steering wheel.

1:07.258 Daihatsu Move Custom RS Limited '02 TCS:0 ABS:1 button steering. That's 50th place at the moment!!

Four-wheel-drive Kei cars might be a good tip to beat 100,000 GSX-R/4. Without using the other 'halo' vehicles at 400pp with C1 tyres.

I was going to try my Honda Today G, might as well give a go to an ALfa romeo, 156, or the giulia sprinter. A Clio, or a corolla levin. I dunno. Those unused cars you never see :lol:

Yourself on the CZ-3 Tarmac is commendable :cheers:

Come on PD pit concepts into the race car flag so they get banned frlm all these events.

That wouldn't solve anything, there'd just be a new car to take every banned one's place, more TTs (honestly just some at all... :irked:) with a specific car are the way to go.

Easy gold without using a normal Kaz Approved™ vehicle. 1:11.7 with DS3, TCS:0 ABS:1 steering sensitivity 7. 1:13.0 is all you need.

Stats
400pp
148bhp
836kg
16.7kgfm
56:44

Power
All parts, except NOS
100% power limiter
Oil change and more ballast might be faster.

Body
Ballast: 33kg @ 50%
Stage 3 Weight Reduction
Carbon Bonnet
Window Weight Reduction

Suspension (typical seasonal DS3 tuning)
155 75 (max min)
1.85 3.85 (min medium, min max maybe better)
1 1
1 1
7 7
0.0 0.0
0.0 -0.40 (-toe front and even more at the rear might help)

Transmission
Fully customised gearbox
Autoset 180km/h was good enough
Shift gear between 7,000rpm and 8,000rpm

Drivetrain
Probably a lot to gain here, this is much faster than stock though.
10 5
20 10
5 20
Triple-plate clutch
Carbon propeller shaft
Torque-distributing centre differential
30:70

Literally no idea how to make the Suzuka Wagon R RR '98 even capable of a gold time. 1:13.5 best I could do even after 10-20 minutes with the spanners. 50th place...legit? :confused:

EDIT: Active Yaw Control instead of GSX-R/4 active yawn control.

Stats
400pp
162bhp
1154kg
54:46
31.1kgfm

Power
No oil change - it has 225bhp standard!
71.9% limiter
No power parts

Body
144kg @ 0%
Stage 3 weight reduction
Bonnet cannot be changed
Window weight reduction

Suspension
Originally tuned for Autumn Ring Mini timed seasonal race. Could be refined a lot, I expect.
115 90 (medium and low but not lowest)
3.42 4.42 (min and front+1)
1 1
2 2
7 7
0.0 0.0
-0.15 -0.60 (yes quite extreme!)

Racing Brakes
4 6

Custom Gearbox
Looks like I just auto-tuned it to 270km/h?
1: 3.0
2: 2.0
3: 1.3
4: 1.0
5: 0.8
Final: 4.3

Drivetrain
Normal (AYC) = Active Yaw Control
Triple plate clutch
Carbon propeller shaft
Torque distributing centre differential
30:70
Change up before the redline, not sure exactly how far though.

Last edited:
What I always do in these TT's, where the GSXR will reign supreme, is get my gold time with a different car first. Then take it out to get my leaderboard time.

I got into the 1:09's with the Elise 111R first.

Once you get gold, trying it with poor handling cars is only fun for a little while, then I prefer to see how fast I can go with what everyone else is using.

But not just any car the GSX-R has been bossing these low pp eve ts and online races forever. What are PD doing with all this data they collect on it?

Most companies release balance patches for games ' something PD is going to have to do if they perceive GT:S as an online competitive game.

surely adding even 10-20 base PP to the GSXR chassis would slow it down and give other cars a chance of being competitive?

Noticed the two Japanese guys at the top have dirty oil on their GSXRs so I'm doing the same now. Had a feeling someone would try it given how much power limiter you have to use to get this thing to 400pp.

Noticed the two Japanese guys at the top have dirty oil on their GSXRs so I'm doing the same now. Had a feeling someone would try it given how much power limiter you have to use to get this thing to 400pp.
Been grinding for some days now, have done 4400 miles for 126 bhp @ 78.2% on power limiter with 200kg ballast, the last 380 miles have given 1 extra HP.

WP_20161119_08_19_50_Pro[1].jpg

:D

1:07.363 good enough for 72nd and 4th in the US. I think I'm done with tsukuba for a while. At least for a day or two.

Congrats! :cheers: Naahh; I think you're good where you're at ;)

Curious thing btw with that Daihatsu all by itself, way up in the rankings. Most likely though, the story is not as exiting as for it to be a long lost competitor for the Suzuki :indiff:

Congrats! :cheers: Naahh; I think you're good where you're at ;)

Curious thing btw with that Daihatsu all by itself, way up in the rankings. Most likely though, the story is not as exiting as for it to be a long lost competitor for the Suzuki :indiff:

I love that little daihatsu being way up there. Wish we could see the lap.

But not just any car the GSX-R has been bossing these low pp eve ts and online races forever. What are PD doing with all this data they collect on it?

Most companies release balance patches for games ' something PD is going to have to do if they perceive GT:S as an online competitive game.

surely adding even 10-20 base PP to the GSXR chassis would slow it down and give other cars a chance of being competitive?

I agree, it has a bit too much of an advantage. But in my experience with racers of all kinds, if it's eliminated, then we find the next most dominant car and we all use that, until it is eliminated...then repeat the process.

I think some form of the Elise, or maybe the XTM or Rocket might be next. :)

I agree, it has a bit too much of an advantage. But in my experience with racers of all kinds, if it's eliminated, then we find the next most dominant car and we all use that, until it is eliminated...then repeat the process.

I think some form of the Elise, or maybe the XTM or Rocket might be next. :)

but at least they are not completely concept cars. The idea of balance would be to have and tweak it so multiple cars are of similar pace at the same PP. Otherwise the PP system isnt functioning properly imo.

Maybe its too late maybe not but does there need to be dialogue with PD as to the purpose of PP? Looking at GT6 how are they going to make it competitive if they cant balance the cars?

ive got a 1:07.258 ....maybe with my setup i have one tenth... its possible to know the japanese setups?
i have 650 miles on this car.... and i see they have about 8000... do you think is for that?

1.12.722 with a demio sport '07 (more time to be gained)

1.13.649 with a Alfa romeo spider 1600 duetto '66 (with at least .400 to gain IMO)

1..18.780 with a Fiat 500 F '58. Its great on the corners, but the straights are a chore for the car

1.13.144 with a NIssan Bluebird 1600 deluxe '69. It accels pretty fast, probably more than a geexer without dirty oil, and needs trothle and steering care. But in the right hands might be pretty quick

Last edited:
ive got a 1:07.258 ....maybe with my setup i have one tenth... its possible to know the japanese setups?
i have 650 miles on this car.... and i see they have about 8000... do you think is for that?
So this is also a grind car?

The gains are not that terrific. From stock car at 0km and 124HP, I'm at 26000km and 128HP. After 20000km the gains are more and more marginal. I'm an average driver, this is my first try on grinding and I don't see that much difference.

sorry Kossie, what is a "grind" car? :(

The gains are not that terrific. From stock car at 0km and 124HP, I'm at 26000km and 128HP. After 20000km the gains are more and more marginal. I'm an average driver, this is my first try on grinding and I don't see that much difference.
Ah ok then is not necessary to have a lot of miles or dirty oil ( i see in the replay oil light is red)
maybe not the difference for 2 or 3 tenth i suppose...

Back