400PP Non-Racing Car and Tuned Car Super Lap: Tsukuba Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 154 comments
110.289 in the Hyundai HCD-6 :)

Switched to the 111R

Finally made it into the top 5 in a seasonal!! :) (in class) :)

Now 2nd place in the non GSXR cup. 108.573 to GTRP_Mur's 108.558 in the Elise on his graciously shared set-up. Fun stuff! oops I may have missed a few non gsxrs.....

Last edited:
Honda CRZ-a. Couple laps to get the breaking points, then boom. :D

1:12:954. Definitely more in it with a bit of tuning and practice.

Last edited:
Curious question, I thought I'd have a go at this time trial and I used GT Rajmans tune (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...p-tsukuba-circuit.322931/page-3#post-10402777).... However even with that tune, which I believe a lot of people are running I can't get anywhere near the speed at the end of the straight :(! (97mph is the limit, or 98 if you take the really wide line at the hairpin). Even following that tune I'm 1 bhp down and I'm not sure why :(.

Anyway just to see if I was losing my mind a little I loaded the rank 1 ghost, and I also had a friends line on as well and they both literally out accelerate me even if I start catching any line/ghost initially out of a corner so somethings definitely wrong somewhere in this setup (Maybe there's been an update which has changed it? I don't know?) so has anyone got any good pointers as to how I can increase low end acceleration?

A really good tool to use is the data acquisition. Compare your lap to one of the top ten. look at mid corner speeds in a numerical form. (Not following the ghost) Compare your speeds in all sections of the turn. Look for what stands out. Another thing to look at which is a huge deal is steering angle. If your coming off the corner with the steering cranked over it will slow your acceleration way down. I can almost guarantee that the top runners have less steering angle from the start of acceleration till the exit. The last corner this really shows up in the last third of the corner affecting speed across the line. Keep in mind also that the line which gives you the most speed across start finish may not be the line that covers the distance in the shortest amount of time. This is why often times you will see the top times have a faster start finish mph at the start of the lap then at the end of the lap. (not sure if that's the case here)
What to do if you see any of these things? Hell if i know I just doggedly run laps :)

EDIT- Just saw your tranny post...never mind Anybody have one for a 04 111R? :)

Last edited:
Good grief, it took long enough!!! Finally got gold with this car...
It became a challenge to get gold with this one, just didn't want to resort to the GSX-R.
I think this is about as fast as I'm going to be able to get this car around this track. Used a DS3, auto and my own tune. ( will post that up if anyone is interested)
I would like to see what some of you better drivers out there can do with this track and this car, post up your times so we can see...Thanks!!

That is one of my favorite cars. I tried to do it with a stock Berlinette but I wasn't able to get gold. I will have to try tuning it.

I've hit a wall with the GSX. Tried the various tunes and it makes no difference. The limiting factor is my driving now. So I gave up and went back to the Hommell Berlinette. And it's so much more fun. Where the gixxer is point and shoot the Hommell needs nursing all the way. The track becomes much more interesting and you don't have to put up with that godawful noise. I'm reluctant to try tuning it because it's such a joy stock. 1:12.034

I've hit a wall with the GSX. Tried the various tunes and it makes no difference. The limiting factor is my driving now. So I gave up and went back to the Hommell Berlinette. And it's so much more fun. Where the gixxer is point and shoot the Hommell needs nursing all the way. The track becomes much more interesting and you don't have to put up with that godawful noise. I'm reluctant to try tuning it because it's such a joy stock. 1:12.034
stirlingmoose,
That's a good time with a stock car, I'll have to try that one stock now...lol

Well here's my fastest lap of the event. A 1:06.8 is definitely possible with the tune I have (Not putting anymore time into this one) but big thanks to both @GT_Rajman and @mistersafeway for their tunes. GT_Rajmans was a really good starting point but mister gave me the light in how I could actually achieve the top end speed! Frustratingly yesterday I spent a large amount of time on the event, not really going anywhere :(! Mainly due to sector 3, I can match rank 1 happily in the 1st and 2nd sector but the hairpin and last corner I couldn't get! A few slight alterations and rereading mistersafeways tune and realised perhaps moving the weight to the rear would help (I had been thinking that anyway but reading it I had a massive doh! moment), it did and helped massively on the last corner and a more stable hairpin exit so rather than losing 3 tenths every lap in that sector I would lose just 2!

There's definitely something either with the suspension (As it bounces on acceleration) or something with 3rd/4th gear and I tried to have a play but couldn't get it right (My 4th gear is slightly different to the mistersafeway tune) that would help with the hairpin (Sector 3, right hand hairpin) as that's the place I am losing out. I did a slow-mo comparison on exit of that corner and the first few meters I lose 1mph, which of course I gain at the top end but that's time already lost!

This lap anyway has a fairly decent sector 1 (There's another .5 in there that I've had). Pretty bad sector 2, I always lose slightly at the left hairpin due to acceleration. 4th Gear is far more stable but I lose initially out of it but the fast right was just dreadful I've done that far, far quicker! 3rd sector I was fairly happy with to be honest, anything under 2 tenths slower than rank 1 I'm fine with in this sector! If I could somehow get the acceleration a bit better it would have helped but I'm pretty useless at tuning!

The tune for anyone that's interested :)! As I say this isn't my work of art this is a mixture of GT_Rajmans and Mistersafeways (Thanks again!) with a little variation on it myself;

Tyres: CH

Suspension;

RH: 85 // 90
SR: 7.3 // 6.8
DC: 4 // 4
DE: 4 // 4
ARB: 7 // 6
CA: 0 // 0
TA: 0 // 0 (My own variation)

Brake Balance: 4 // 2

Transmission (Do in this order);
Reset to Default
Final to 4.500
Max Speed 143mph
1st: 4.755
2nd: 3.360
3rd: 2.451
4th: 1.920 (My own variation)
5th: 1.567
6th: 1.344
Final: 5.530

LSD: 5 // 30 (My own Variation) // 5

Power Limiter: 72.4% (Should be 124 BHP, avoid oil change)

Downforce (Needs Spoiler): 20
Weight: 200kg at 6% Position.

My own variations seem to add more stability and not affect the lap times at all which was a bonus really! Although no idea whether that 4th gear change had any affect! As I say I was playing around with it to try see if I could improve it!

After watching your lap @Tidgney I learned that I didn't use enough of the curb right before the finish line, no need to keep two wheels on the track in TT's eh?
Also, I was surprised to see you using such a low rpm range (6000-1000 rpm).
I have set a time of 1:08.4xx with @oooMaXimumooo tune. I set my time on the second day, and I haven't run it since, but I remember redlining it constantly cause the rpm range was from 10000-12000.
I think I might try a combo of 'Max's tune and your transmission and I'll remember to use all of the track to see if I can up my rankings.

After watching your lap @Tidgney I learned that I didn't use enough of the curb right before the finish line, no need to keep two wheels on the track in TT's eh?
I have set a time of 1:08.4xx with @oooMaXimumooo tune. I set my time on the second day, and I haven't run it since, but I remember redlining it constantly cause the rpm range was from 10000-12000.
I think I might try a combo of 'Max's tune and your transmission and I'll remember to use all of the track to see if I can up my rankings.

The main thing to note with the RPM is that you have the full 124 hp early on in the RPM and the peak torque is earlier on to.

I always found the higher in the RPM range you are in this car translated to the rear wanting to come round very easily, so stability wise it just made sense to stay in 4th. I used to stay in 4th at the sector 3 hairpin until the weight over the rear wheels and a reduction in toe angle stopped it sliding, so could go back to 3rd which is where you should be for both hairpins. However, in my lap at the moment, the left hairpin in sector 2, 4th gear isn't right it should be 3rd but you're presented with a lot more oversteer. It can be done in 4th and I've done amazing sector 2 times with 4th but you have to get it perfect, but losing .05/.1 in time vs consistency is worth it until you're in the 1:06.7's. My sector 3 is an issue with how early I can put power on and the acceleration out which is a separate issue either suspension related (I think it is as it bounces on the 2nd big bump in that corner), or a transmission with 3rd gear needing to be slightly longer so I can get the peak torque?

Last edited:

With the limiter set so low the power curve is flat from about 6k up so there's no advantage in redlining it. There's more torque in the lower rpm range too.

Edit - Treed by Tidgney. I've noticed the top runners are using 2nd gear in the hairpins, so they're either using a very different set-up or they know something I don't.

With the limiter set so low the power curve is flat from about 6k up so there's no advantage in redlining it. There's more torque in the lower rpm range too.

Edit - Treed by Tidgney. I've noticed the top runners are using 2nd gear in the hairpins, so they're either using a very different set-up or they know something I don't.

I've just watched the new rank 1 replay actually, they are using very long gears now! So my 4th is effectively their 3rd, but their 3rd gear is exactly where you'd want it! He's actually hit 100mph at the end of the straight to :embarrassed:! (Also 22755 on the odometer, bit off topic though ha :P?)

Thanks for the advice, my new goal will be a 1:08 flat. .4s faster should be attainable by altering my line in the last corner and using the power band correctly, right?

I won't be able to try until Monday though.

@Tidgney You can get a bit more max torque for the same bhp using the racing exhaust and more limiter as in Rajman's tune. I don't know if it helps though. Also a more matched or even rear-biased brake balance gives more rotation on entry to the hairpins but it makes it more hit and miss, and probably doesn't help on the last turn.
I tried longer gears but it didn't make me any faster. I think it's down to skills now and I've reached my limit. I've only improved by half a tenth in three days. I'm a second off a top 10 time which is about the best I could expect.
@pretend racer Good luck with your 1:08.

@Tidgney You can get a bit more max torque for the same bhp using the racing exhaust and more limiter as in Rajman's tune. I don't know if it helps though. Also a more matched or even rear-biased brake balance gives more rotation on entry to the hairpins but it makes it more hit and miss, and probably doesn't help on the last turn.
I tried longer gears but it didn't make me any faster. I think it's down to skills now and I've reached my limit. I've only improved by half a tenth in three days. I'm a second off a top 10 time which is about the best I could expect.
@pretend racer Good luck with your 1:08.

I actually need the peak torque/hp to be lower in the RPM range by a few hundred revs, so it might help if I could get a higher peak torque? I originally used that tune but I could only get 123 bhp for some odd reason, so re bought the car and didn't use it! If I get chance towards the end of the week I'll have another go but I think there will be a new seasonal this week? (Not 100% sure on when new seasonal events appear).

@GTsail290 350pp tune for Lotus Elise 2011, with higher power limiter % and ~170kg ballast instead of 200kg. Move ballast to keep same weight bias.

Most responsive and fastest real vehicle I've tried in this one. 👍 DS3, sorry to say traction control 2 as it was a 10 lap banzai before bed. Will try to beat it without TCS before the event ends. @nowcontrol @Benny44 @Baron Blitz Red @pretend racer @buybon55 @sparks_360 @Lilium and others in my list.

Might benefit from lower LSD Accel for the higher power to make that work for me.

Mitsubishi Tarmac CZ-3 with a trial-and-error time was slower but beats plenty of my Suzuki driving friends. Active Yaw Control for me, active yawn control for them.

Last edited:
I've made almost 500 km (of which 90% good laps) during this weekend, but I'm still stuck at 1.08.8 out of 1000s.
This is a confirmation that I usually suck with the gsx :dunce:

My tune seems okay, best splits would put me at about 15.98 35.82 and not sure about sector 3 because I rarely get a good one due to my poor driving under pressure. :lol: My best lap so far is 1'07.743, and there's definitely more time for me.

Added parts:

Fully customisable suspension, transmission, and differential

Triple clutch

Rear wing

Suspension:
55 57
6.90 5.88
2 3
5 4
3 2
0.0 0.0
-0.05 +0.12
7 5

Transmission:
Final to 4.500
Max speed 143/250
Final to 5.530

Drivetrain:
10 5 12

Power limiter 72.4% (gives 124 horsepower, don't remember if I have oil)

Downforce 20
Ballast 200 kilos at -6

Oops, I either miscounted or mistyped, km/h figure was 20 too low, lucky I talked to beau. :lol:

Edit: nope, apparently beau screwed up, tune was fine. :P

Last edited:
Got a 1.14.466 with a Honda Jazz 1.4 DSi '01 I think I can squeeze in around .600's around some corners. if this is a bust, I'll try with a differen't unused car. I always avoid the GSX

Update on 1.13.984 . I thinnk I can only put around .200 more. gonna try another car

Last edited:
Got a 1.14.466 with a Honda Jazz 1.4 DSi '01 I think I can squeeze in around .600's around some corners. if this is a bust, I'll try with a differen't unused car. I always avoid the GSX

Update on 1.13.984 . I thinnk I can only put around .200 more. gonna try another car
If you wanna stick with Honda try the CRZ-a. I cracked the gold time after a few laps.

I have played game a while. I am not understanding how this car can get in. Brand new with power at 50% still has 407 pp. I got my game when first came out the anniversary one. Is there an update or something I am missing. Please help?

I have played game a while. I am not understanding how this car can get in. Brand new with power at 50% still has 407 pp. I got my game when first came out the anniversary one. Is there an update or something I am missing. Please help?

Add ballast - 200kg, then you can up the power limiter to get back to 400PP.

I seem to have hit a wall with the Berlinette (1:11.787).

IMG_3975_small.jpg

IMG_3974_small.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_3975_small.jpg
    IMG_3975_small.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 14
Normally I'm pretty fast with this car, And i like this track. But this is not matching for me :dunce:. Try manual gears but i cant make a 1:07 lap :(

Back