400PP Non-Racing Car and Tuned Car Super Lap: Tsukuba Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 154 comments
The quickest car is the GSXR/4 for Tsukuba so add 200kg's of ballast and then lower the power limiter till you hit 400pp.

The tune you've linked to is 200kg's of ballast and 50.6% on the limiter.

image.jpg
I am trying to do the seasonal 400PP race at the Tsukuba Circuit and I need help finding the best car to use. But all the cars you all have listed as the cars you use are ALL over the 400pp limit. How is that possible? Please help. Thanks.
I found the Lotus Elise as a great drive. A mild upwards tune to 400, Premium model so you can drive cockpit view.

The quickest car is the GSXR/4 for Tsukuba so add 200kg's of ballast and then lower the power limiter till you hit 400pp.

The tune you've linked to is 200kg's of ballast and 50.6% on the limiter.
Which is the best way to go with the GSX? I've tried low power and low ballast, high power and high ballast, and lap times for me are pretty much the same.

I've also found that each of the published tunes gives me the same time, perhaps I'm going wrong somewhere?

Which is the best way to go with the GSX? I've tried low power and low ballast, high power and high ballast, and lap times for me are pretty much the same.

I've also found that each of the published tunes gives me the same time, perhaps I'm going wrong somewhere?

I followed what kilesa4568 said & I got it on the first try. It worked perfectly.

Now I'm stuck on the Drift challenge at Nurburgring. I WANT THAT GOLD CHROME PAINT! lol

I found high HP for speed on the long straight
And low torque to prevent wheel spin with the cheap hard tires worked best for me
I also had better luck when using an FF car, l think it may be that the extra weight on the front wheels helped acceleration

Last edited:

I haven't done a single lap yet and if I'm honest, I'll run GT_Rajman's tune from the old event for an easy gold and just leave it at that. Hard to get competitive with such a boring time trial.

Curious question, I thought I'd have a go at this time trial and I used GT Rajmans tune (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...p-tsukuba-circuit.322931/page-3#post-10402777).... However even with that tune, which I believe a lot of people are running I can't get anywhere near the speed at the end of the straight :(! (97mph is the limit, or 98 if you take the really wide line at the hairpin). Even following that tune I'm 1 bhp down and I'm not sure why :(.

Anyway just to see if I was losing my mind a little I loaded the rank 1 ghost, and I also had a friends line on as well and they both literally out accelerate me even if I start catching any line/ghost initially out of a corner so somethings definitely wrong somewhere in this setup (Maybe there's been an update which has changed it? I don't know?) so has anyone got any good pointers as to how I can increase low end acceleration?

Curious question, I thought I'd have a go at this time trial and I used GT Rajmans tune (https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...p-tsukuba-circuit.322931/page-3#post-10402777).... However even with that tune, which I believe a lot of people are running I can't get anywhere near the speed at the end of the straight :(! (97mph is the limit, or 98 if you take the really wide line at the hairpin). Even following that tune I'm 1 bhp down and I'm not sure why :(.

Anyway just to see if I was losing my mind a little I loaded the rank 1 ghost, and I also had a friends line on as well and they both literally out accelerate me even if I start catching any line/ghost initially out of a corner so somethings definitely wrong somewhere in this setup (Maybe there's been an update which has changed it? I don't know?) so has anyone got any good pointers as to how I can increase low end acceleration?
I've noticed the same thing, hence my earlier post - I've tried all of the listed tunes, and cannot get anything like the same speed as the top runners.

I just bought a new one and put the tune on it. It's 124bhp. I think that's right, there was some confusion last time. I can hit 98 mph at the end of the straight, 99 with really late braking. Now I would have thought you could get a better exit than me from the hairpin, so I suspect my car must be faster than yours.

I just bought a new one and put the tune on it. It's 124bhp. I think that's right, there was some confusion last time. I can hit 98 mph at the end of the straight, 99 with really late braking. Now I would have thought you could get a better exit than me from the hairpin, so I suspect my car must be faster than yours.

Thanks for this! I just bought another new one and this time it's 124bhp (After all changes) which is really, really strange! However the speed difference still exists :(! I just used the data logger actually (First time ever!) as it's frustrating me a little, and from 1mph difference on exit it goes to 3mph difference by the next corner! I've used both the transmission trick that I found via a website and also GT Rajmans tune, so I'm pretty stuck I think :(! The 124 bhp gained me 2 tenths, and while there's still a 1/2 tenths in that lap (1:07.6xx), I lose out on so much on the straight there's no point continuing which is really annoying :(!

I also tried while lapping with the same ghost, and also my friends line and on the straight (As the ghost gets a bit to far ahead to judge on the back straight) my friends line just shoots past me, it's insane really :embarrassed:! I do wish they would just use courtesy cars for these as I want to play these time trials but the tuning tricks and just weird differences really is just frustrating :(!

My tune seems okay, best splits would put me at about 15.98 35.82 and not sure about sector 3 because I rarely get a good one due to my poor driving under pressure. :lol: My best lap so far is 1'07.743, and there's definitely more time for me.

Added parts:

Fully customisable suspension, transmission, and differential

Triple clutch

Rear wing

Suspension:
55 57
6.90 5.88
2 3
5 4
3 2
0.0 0.0
-0.05 +0.12
7 5

Transmission:
Final to 4.500
Max speed 143/230
Final to 5.530

Drivetrain:
10 5 12

Power limiter 72.4% (gives 124 horsepower, don't remember if I have oil)

Downforce 20
Ballast 200 kilos at -6

Last edited:
My tune seems okay, best splits would put me at about 15.98 35.82 and not sure about sector 3 because I rarely get a good one due to my poor driving under pressure. :lol: My best lap so far is 1'07.743, and there's definitely more time for me.

Added parts:

Fully customisable suspension, transmission, and differential

Triple clutch

Rear wing

Suspension:
55 57
6.90 5.88
2 3
5 4
3 2
0.0 0.0
-0.05 +0.12
7 5

Transmission:
Final to 4.500
Max speed 143/230
Final to 5.530

Drivetrain:
10 5 12

Power limiter 72.4% (gives 124 horsepower, don't remember if I have oil)

Downforce 20
Ballast 200 kilos at -6

WOW that transmission solved my problem with speed! Thanks so much for this, Instantly gained 3 tenths and the ghost lines don't accelerate from me anymore :D! My turn in has been hampered a little just due to the change in transmission as I've still kept the old suspension setup (Did try yours but I preferred the other with my style of driving) but happy with this now! So 1:07.1 - 1:06.9 is the target then I'll be happy for now with this timetrial!

Thanks again for that transmission, so very much appreciated! :cheers:

So currently got a 1:8.649 with ds3 auto.. I have tried a lot of tunes out but none of them seem to match what I have..
So I'm going to the garage and Getting my wheel and stand out (wife at work and kids at school )
I'd normally expect to see at least a 1sec improvment right away.. WE SHALL SEE!!

EDIT: got a 1:8.323 with the wheel now..

Last edited:
So currently got a 1:8.649 with ds3 auto.. I have tried a lot of tunes out but none of them seem to match what I have..
So I'm going to the garage and Getting my wheel and stand out (wife at work and kids at school )
I'd normally expect to see at least a 1sec improvment right away.. WE SHALL SEE!!

EDIT: got a 1:8.323 with the wheel now..
leexr2i,
are you using the GSX-R?

image.jpg

Good grief, it took long enough!!! Finally got gold with this car...
It became a challenge to get gold with this one, just didn't want to resort to the GSX-R.
I think this is about as fast as I'm going to be able to get this car around this track. Used a DS3, auto and my own tune. ( will post that up if anyone is interested)
I would like to see what some of you better drivers out there can do with this track and this car, post up your times so we can see...Thanks!!

Last edited:
I have noticed that setting final drive to the left, (2:00 range) gives better top speed
I think this may result in power conservation due to lower drive shaft and clutch RPM,

Back