550PP British Non-Racing Car Super Lap: Brands Hatch Grand Prix Circuit

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 129 comments
I'm not really sure why I still help out around here as all I get is some stupid moderator on my back handing out infraction points and banning my account...

But I like you guys, so I guess thats why...

Anyway,this is my tune from last year. I believe that apart from IMMORTAL and Doodle, who had a slightly different setup, everyone else in the team was on this setup. I've also got reports from non-aliens it works a treat aswell.

Mclaren MP4-12C

Suspension:
Ride height: 115/60
Spring rate: 6.65/19.50
Dampers compression: 5/5
Dampers extension: 5/6
Anti-roll bars: 7/7
Camber angle: 0.0/0.0
Toe angle: +0.15/-0.35
Brake balance: 5/5

Transmisson:
Reset to default, then set final gear to 2.900, then set max speed to minimum (220 km/h)
1'st: 5.478
2'nd: 4.111
3'rd: 3.222
4'th: 2.760
5'th: 2.390
6'th: 2.090
7'th: 1.852
Final gear: 2.270

Differential:
Initial torque: 5
Acceleration sensitivity: 30
Braking sensitivity: 5

Power:
No power parts
No oilchange
Limiter at 67.7%

Body:
All weight reductions (1105kg)
No ballast
No wing
No body rigidity

I'd also like to point out that this car is probably a good candidate for the "dirty oil" trick, if you aim for something like a top 10 finnish. :)

Last edited:
I'm not really sure why I still help out around here as all I get is some stupid moderator on my back handing out infraction points and banning my account...

Anyway,this is my tune from last year. I believe IMMORTAL had a slightly different setup, but everyone else in the team was on this setup, and I've got reports from non-aliens it works a treat aswell.

Suspension:

Transmisson:
Reset to default, then set final gear to 2.900, then set max speed to minimum (220 km/h)

Differential:

Power:
No power parts
No oilchange
Limiter at 67.7%

Body:
No ballast
No wing
No body rigidity

I'd also like to point out that this car is probably a good candidate for the "dirty oil" trick, if you aim for something like a top 10 finnish. :)
Sorry for which car

I haven't been driving in this tt
I was busy with endurance races in gt5 :)
my time is 1:29,***
i'm now trying some tunes but i can't keep my car on the road

I'm just killed by TRL decide to share his setup. I need a result with my tune now.... I hate Erazer with all the love i got for him. :banghead::D:bowdown:
I'm so stupid your setup was snow setup but it's actually your setup :lol: I read your post all wrong

I could only get 1:25.3 with yours I felt like I couldn't get the oversteer on the braking as much I'd like but damn fast out of corners where it advantage were compared to my setup, I think you tune is very fast still :)

It would seem that a bit of surgery isn't setting you that much back nowadays...;)

Thanks @TRL_Andromeda :cheers:. That setup cured the understeer and is essentially faster though a little harder to drive (with a DS3!?) I've taken it to a 1:25.599 and there's a couple of tenths more in it for me potentially.

Didn't you call out to @TRL LIGHTNING wanting this TT to be some kind of final decider between You and him? I was about to make myself a bucket of Popcorn and sit back and watch the fight between two skillfull aliens -but you're not putting up any times; are you just gonna' pull an L-SHOOTER on him?:P Anyway: Thanks again for a blast of a Setup!

It would seem that a bit of surgery isn't setting you that much back nowadays...;)

Thanks @TRL_Andromeda :cheers:. That setup cured the understeer and is essentially faster though a little harder to drive (with a DS3!?) I've taken it to a 1:25.599 and there's a couple of tenths more in it for me potentially.

Didn't you call out to @TRL LIGHTNING wanting this TT to be some kind of final decider between You and him? I was about to make myself a bucket of Popcorn and sit back and watch the fight between two skillfull aliens -but you're not putting up any times; are you just gonna' pull an L-SHOOTER on him?:P Anyway: Thanks again for a blast of a Setup!
I'm busy so I usually go at the very end. But I think LIGHTHING will kick my ass, I've not improved much in the last year, but he certainly has, not sure I can match his time tbh... :)

Anyway,this is my tune from last year. I believe that apart from IMMORTAL and Doodle, who had a slightly different setup, everyone else in the team was on this setup. I've also got reports from non-aliens it works a treat aswell.

Mclaren MP4-12C

Suspension:

Transmisson:

Differential:

Power:
No power parts
No oilchange
Limiter at 67.7%

Body:
No ballast
No wing
No body rigidity

Just wanted to say thank you... I gave your tune a try finally, and went from around the high 900's to within the top 250 (for now). Now that I've got the hang of it, I might try a bit harder. Again, thanks!

Cheers

Give it a shot today, I think a 1:25 is still in there. I always ****ed up 1 of the 3 sectors.

I must be in the 30 in the second sector to make a 1:25. TT's are more slippery, If you drive this track with this car and tyres in the free run mode it's easy to make a low 1:25.

@TRL_Andromeda thank you 👍 was just browsing think I'll hop on

Suspension:

Transmisson:

Differential:

Power:
No power parts
No oilchange
Limiter at 67.7%

Body:
No ballast
No wing
No body rigidity

Well now, that's an interesting claim. Since you've seen fit to air your dirty laundry in public, let's fact-check it in public.

In September 2014 you (as @_et), and a couple of other users, had off-topic posts removed from a Seasonal Events thread. You responded by posting another off-topic post complaining that the moderator was 'spoiling all the fun', for which you received a 0pt in-line warning for inappropriate behaviour.

A couple of days later you posted an image with an expletive in it. For that you received a 5pt warning for bypassing the swear filter. You responded to that by calling the moderator a Nazi on their profile.

Despite that, you weren't banned - some considerable restraint on behalf of the moderator in question due to what he felt was an otherwise largely positive contribution to the community. You were, however, notified that the next time you called anyone a Nazi, you'd be banned. It took a week before you did it again and you were duly banned.

A day later you tried to play the innocent card on a new account, pretending to be a friend of yours and claiming you'd had no warning (despite the profile conversation chain above, and having had two warnings). You even tried to private message me to plead the same case - you didn't know you were breaking any rules, honest.

After that was banned, you registered two more accounts, one specifically to bait the staff and using a throwaway email address that insulted the staff.

Four months after that you registered as @TRL_Andromeda and we let it slide as, for once, you seemed to be content to participate in the forum and not act like a pillock towards the staff for something that was your own fault.

Right up until last month when you posted this. The moderator who you'd previously insulted, berated, baited and complained about could have banned you for this incredibly inappropriate comment alone, to say nothing of your appalling history here, but gave you 29pt instead of the full 30.

And yet here you are again complaining that the moderator is stupid and not the person who, after 18 months of this, still can't grasp the very simple concept of how to behave within this community despite agreeing to the AUP at least five times.

So no, it's not the 'stupid moderator' that's at fault here. It's you. It's rather telling that you're still blaming other people over a matter of a handful of deleted posts that you then escalated to absolutely ludicrous levels, with absolutely no sense of contrition.

How you go from here is up to you.

Last edited:
Don't know where this came from but it got me a 1m26.5 in the 12C

Suspension
rh 105/100
sr 8.00/14.30
dc 2/4
de 4/2
ar 5/3
cam 0/0
toe -0.04/0.30

Brakes 6/5

Gears
(don't know starting point, here is the finish)
final 3.010
top speed 137mph
1st 4.413
2nd 3.312
3rd 2.595
4th 2.103
5th 1.763
6th 1.528
7th 1.349
(shifted at about 7200rpm hits 150mph down back straight)

lad 7/30/15
Triple clutch plate
full weight reduction
custom wing
rear down force 100

I think it has custom wheels 👍

Edit
Final drive 3.600
Top Speed 137mph
First six gears all the way left and 7th somewhere towards the middle
Final drive 3.010

Bought a new McLaren and left the permanant body rigidity upgrade off and went quicker immediately.
Hated this TT the last it was run and hated the 12C, could only manage a 1m28.7 with it then so the 2+ second improvement was satisfying.
Watched Immortals lap and if I turn all the race data display off in normal view (mute the sound too) his lap looked just like mine lol

Last edited:
Yah and GT6 is on it's way out. Lingering around these forums and drinking beer is not productive!

Offline is real life. My point exactly

Hi
If you want you can try my old version McLaren MP4-12C '10 550 PP (SM) or my new version McLaren MP4-12C '10 550 PP (SM). You can easily win under 1'30. My bests times were 1'29'385 with new version and 1'29'578 with old version.

Good drive and enjoy :cheers:

Edit : 1'28'996 with my old version

Your " old Version" is a very stable & perfect to handle Tune, for a not Expert Driver like me. For all who wanna just get Gold a favourite Setup. How good it is at all, should tell you the Pro-Drivers here :)

Your " old Version" is a very stable & perfect to handle Tune, for a not Expert Driver like me. For all who wanna just get Gold a favourite Setup. How good it is at all, should tell you the Pro-Drivers here :)

Thanks a lot my friend :cheers: I appreciate a lot :cheers::cheers:

Well wha' da ya know....@monkeywall we are currently P1 and P2 in UK ! I set my time a while ago and thought it would slip a lot but hey it hasn't, happy days.

Must admit I've counted only 7 Brits in the top 250 though, seems low for at a home event :odd:

Well wha' da ya know....@monkeywall we are currently P1 and P2 in UK ! I set my time a while ago and thought it would slip a lot but hey it hasn't, happy days.

Must admit I've counted only 7 Brits in the top 250 though, seems low for at a home event :odd:
The rest of the Brits are probably having the same trouble as me - I'm stuck in P292! Over the last 2 weeks, I've only managed to knock 0.03 seconds off my time......

Great time of yours, you're way above everybody else on my friends list.

Well @bone_tone thanks , however the small story is that I thought at the time I might be able to go quicker, as the event closes, how wrong I was. On for 1hr last night and I had a few quick laps but losing so much time due to mistakes on last two corners meant I snuck under 26 ONCE.

So yes lol, it is a good time ! :lol:

Well @bone_tone thanks , however the small story is that I thought at the time I might be able to go quicker, as the event closes, how wrong I was. On for 1hr last night and I had a few quick laps but losing so much time due to mistakes on last two corners meant I snuck under 26 ONCE.

So yes lol, it is a good time ! :lol:
You must have had a cracking run through Paddock Hill Bend, as you're already a long way ahead by Druids.

Back