550PP Non-Race Car & Tuned Car 1 Lap Time Trial: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 138 comments
Nah, don,t have a hangover lol.
But I am feeling big grip lost and i'm getting a lot of understeer in high speed corners and it really annoying me
I wonder why, and you would know the difference being good at driver, you have to wait an see if anybody else having a issues with understeer.

Nah, don,t have a hangover lol.
But I am feeling big grip lost and i'm getting a lot of understeer in high speed corners and it really annoying me

Happened to me as well. Then I loaded up my settings and it did the same thing. I like to think that we are pretty consistant in where we go in the TT's so I'm thinking it has something to do with the server. I was running last night with 335 - 545 down force and today I had to put it back to max and it was still running me off in the corners.

I wonder why, and you would know the difference being good at driver, you have to wait an see if anybody else having a issues with understeer.

Happened to me as well. Then I loaded up my settings and it did the same thing. I like to think that we are pretty consistant in where we go in the TT's so I'm thinking it has something to do with the server. I was running last night with 335 - 545 down force and today I had to put it back to max and it was still running me off in the corners.
Yeah it's very weird, I never complain about understeer ever but it's very badly effecting me today :confused:
And what also making me stuggle that when i put my foot down out of the corner im getting so much wheelspin like if i was driving on the wrong tyre, i think someone put oil on the track :lol:
Edit 6:51.8 had to make my own tune and after 30 minutes i finally got it, hopefully I can take out 1st :)

Last edited:
I'm not much of a "tuner" but with the absence of setups posted for the NSX here I thought I would share what I'm currently using. (I may have taken too much of the over-steer out of it for some but for me its more predictable in the wet section this way)

75 85
4.43 7.75
1 1
1 1
7 4
0 0
0 0.15

BB 6 2
5/8/20
350 / 600

Improved to a 7'15.xxx tonight, I still don't have a good feeling for what the limit is for the differing levels of water % on the track.

Started with quick selfmade tune, then tried what Josa and beau123 used (Stotty). I got a 7:20 with all three but with more potential in the nervous beau123 tune. Because I am only mortal I added a bit of toe to remove some of the nervousness and then I got a 7:14.5 on the first try. Much more drivable too!

SH/SH
85/85
4.43/6.61
5/5
5/5
7/7
6/3
0.0/0.0
-0.03/0.30

Final: 2.594

Triple plate
5/10/5

Power 93.4%

350/600
Weight 3

Guys, did you notice, that the 2 fastest laps were made with controller? is it possible? or the system, just did not recognize the setup? more, the guy on the 5th place did not even use the sticks, but the d-buttons.

I'm using a controller as well and I'm just curious what is the most that can be achieved with a controller. I wasn't playing at all for more then a year and I just fired up my PS for the holidays hoping that there will be a special event on the ring :)

I'm currently at 7:57 and 7:30 seems doable, but nothing more than that.

Last edited:
Guys, did you notice, that the 2 fastest laps were made with controller? is it possible? or the system, just did not recognized the setup? more, the guy on the 5th place did not even use the stick, but the d-buttons.

I'm using a controller as well and I'm just curious what is the most that can be achieved with a controller. I wasn't playing at all for more then a year and I just fired up my PS for the holidays hoping that there will be a special event on the ring :)

I'm currently at 7:57 and 7:30 seems doable, but nothing more than that.
7:14.5 with DS3.

A lot of fun (and frustration) trying out stock cars here. Just scraped a gold with the F430 Scuderia but I reckon there are a few more capable, if only I could drive on the limit for seven minutes without messing up. The GTO '84 is a definite contender. I was somewhat put off by this weird glitch on the ghost though - disembodied pop-up headlights to the left of the car for the whole lap.

20151226_155939.jpg

I got 7:25.037 with a ZZII '00 detuned to 550PP. I was using this tune by UltimateLurker. I adjusted the final gear to 3.250. I just noticed while checking the settings that I had traction control on 5. I'll set it to 0 and see what happens.

This.

I suck at the Nurb and have never had the patience to learn it. I got really close with the NSX-R LM Road Car, a little farther with the MP4-12C but the ZZII is what eventually did it.

Some notes for UltimateLurker's tune:

You need to do the tranny trick to get his ratios: Reset to default>Set Final 5.000>Set Max Speed to Min>Set Ratios>Adjust final gear to the aforementioned 3.250 for Nurb.

I found the handling to be a little stiff so I did the rigidity improvement.

I also left Active Steering on Strong and all other aids were turned off. I'm not sure if I needed the active steering but it was still on from the NSX Tune.

To everyone complaining that the NSX is understeery, it will be with these tunes until you do the Rigidity Improvement.
I preferred Stotty's but did not try all of them.

I like this event, special thanks to @RuddRacer and @rosckolove, :gtpflag: since I started doing their time trails I got to learn this track a lot better without active steering and traction control. I had to use TC: 2 though because I had some issues. I'm going to have some fun with this TT trying some other cars. :mischievous: I was able to get gold with @Stotty's tune for the MP4-12C '10 from this thread.

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...lenge-nürburgring-nordschleife.318489/page-16

Thanks for that great Tip.
I was going to throw my Controler through the Room, than i saw your Post. made it with that MP4 at the 10. try

So after I make my own setup and able to improve because I able to stop the understeer, I now get it back and the car just starts ice skating agin when it rains :banghead:

So after I make my own setup and able to improve because I able to stop the understeer, I now get it back and the car just starts ice skating agin when it rains :banghead:

Does it only seem to be happening in this TT, or is it doing it in everything?

Like, can you do a few laps on the Streets of Willow TT and see if it still feels the same as it did before?

Changes in the physics makes me nervous :nervous:

Not sure if it's relevant at all, but I was browsing the Playstation Store earlier today, around noon Pacific Time, and it was acting a little slow and then it gave some error message that it was unavailable for the moment or something like that.

Does it only seem to be happening in this TT, or is it doing it in everything?

Like, can you do a few laps on the Streets of Willow TT and see if it still feels the same as it did before?

Changes in the physics makes me nervous :nervous:

Not sure if it's relevant at all, but I was browsing the Playstation Store earlier today, around noon Pacific Time, and it was acting a little slow and then it gave some error message that it was unavailable for the moment or something like that.
I'm only been doing this time trial and it's the first time this has happen to me, I never notice it in the willow springs TT, I haven't put my best effort into that TT because it was boring and had everyone using handbrakes.

Anyway I made a new setup again and got 6:50.6 for P2, and what I forgot to do is when i set the lap i turned the PS3 stright off and didn't save the setup :guilty:

As I never bothered to buy it before, I figured it was a good opportunity to try that (in)famous NSX-R LM Road Car everyone seem to be using in the TTs, and it's a fine car indeed! Completely stock out of the shop, I managed a 7:15 on my first try. I would need to buy a customable suspension and do the setup (or find one) to improve but I hate doing setup work so... it will do for now ^^

And for what it's worth beau231, I noticed the same understeer around Brünnchen iirc, the extend of which really surprised me. As I said, first time driving that car so it may be normal but still, never experienced such a heavy understeer on such a mildly wet track before...

1st go on the game for almost 2 months. Ended the session with a 6:55.xxx. There's time all over the place but I have zero consistency on my most consistent track. I'm usually within a few tenths lap after lap but due to the break I'm crashing in the first 2 minutes lap after lap. Gonna catch some sleep and then put some serious time into this one so I can catch my buddy dock. I'm running full front DF and 580 in the rear. Not sure if that's the way to go or not yet. Good luck to everyone.

A lot of fun (and frustration) trying out stock cars here. Just scraped a gold with the F430 Scuderia but I reckon there are a few more capable, if only I could drive on the limit for seven minutes without messing up. The GTO '84 is a definite contender. I was somewhat put off by this weird glitch on the ghost though - disembodied pop-up headlights to the left of the car for the whole lap.

View attachment 495748
Funny that. I managed to have another go today and after a while I found the picture went weird and it was as though I was driving on the road in the sky, all I could see was the road itself with a 'floating' background unconnected to the pic. It always happened about 1/2 dozen corners before the long straight. I cut my session short, will try again tomorrow.

Despite some lurid, sphincter-puckering slides in the wet section, I scored a satisfying Gold (7:26.886) with a humble Lotus Elise '11, a mere 1598cc. Having practiced on a dry course for a few valuable tuning laps, I took only one run on the partially wet circuit with the Lotus.

Last edited:
The funniest part of this challenge for me was my first run in my KTM XBOW RR, I ran a conservative 7:32.xxx.
As I raced I kept an eye on the rain pavement % and it peaked at 41% and started dropping back down.

Many a run later I ran my best lap so far a 7:24.629 and the rain pavement only peaked at 26% on the same turn and then it it started dropping just like it had the first full lap I did.
Currently I'm 3,250th with the 7:24.629

The faster you drive the less rain you encounter.

The funniest part of this challenge for me was my first run in my KTM XBOW RR, I ran a conservative 7:32.xxx.
As I raced I kept an eye on the rain pavement % and it peaked at 41% and started dropping back down.

Many a run later I ran my best lap so far a 7:24.629 and the rain pavement only peaked at 26% on the same turn and then it it started dropping just like it had the first full lap I did.
Currently I'm 3,250th with the 7:24.629

The faster you drive the less rain you encounter.
At least for me, it always rains from 1:46 to 2:23 and then from 3:52 to 5:32, no matter what part of the track I am.

Nailed the bronze in an Impreza, going for Silver in the Alpine VGT then Gold in the NSX LM if its out of the 'comfort zone' of the Alpine not that I mind the Green Hell is one of my favourite tracks anyway :cheers:

Pffft heheh this is much much easier when not drunk lol, still sweating like a pig but still drove over two hours for I was trying to make some adjustments to the car... I used tune posted at some point earlier (by @beau231 I think) as a base and it came out looking something like this...

Ride Height 85 85
Springs 4.43 6.61
Bound 5 5
Rebound 5 5
ARB 5 5
Camber 0 0
Toe 0 0
Brakes 5 6
LSD 7 15 7

Downforce full at front, 580 at rear, most likely not the world record beating tune but got down to 6:56.609 and I was loosing bits of time just about everywhere but at least I managed to be quite fast in it leaving time on the track... Like people have said there's some funny understeer going on and only thing came to mind was that there's just some oil on the track or something :lol: hehhe, naah, maybe there's some streams of water or puddles or something going on but damn it sure feels like front gave up on few places bit too easily...

So yeah, good luck and stay away from alcohol kids :crazy: and watch out for those puddles out there on the track :lol:

Last edited:
I'm only been doing this time trial and it's the first time this has happen to me, I never notice it in the willow springs TT, I haven't put my best effort into that TT because it was boring and had everyone using handbrakes.

Anyway I made a new setup again and got 6:50.6 for P2, and what I forgot to do is when i set the lap i turned the PS3 stright off and didn't save the setup :guilty:

Would you mind to share your setup/tune with which you made a 6.50,6xx ? :bowdown:
Should be still available on the car when you enter the game/car next time!?
Thanks!

Is PD mad at their consumer base? I don't get it.

GT6 Online with friends: 👍

GT6 Game Content: 👎

Last edited:
Back