550PP Non-Race Car & Tuned Car 1 Lap Time Trial: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 138 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
New Year‘s Holiday Challenge 2015-2016 (Season 2)

550PP Non-Race Car & Tuned Car 1 Lap Time Trial: Nürburgring Nordschleife (Time/weather changes enabled)

NYHC1516 - 550PP Non-Race Car & Tuned Car 1 Lap Time Trial @ Nürburgring Nordschleife.jpg
^^Click on the image above to go to the online leader board for this event^^
[NYHC1516] - 550PP Non-Race Car & Tuned Car 1 Lap Time Trial @ Nürburgring Nordschleife.jpg

Tunes: Please add the cars full name as the header for your posted tunes.

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by Josa

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by Stotty

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by RuddRacer

Honda NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car by gluxoid

Audi R8 4.2 FSI R tronic '07 by Ed_Night

Nissan GT-R SpecV '09 by Ed_Night

Please post links for applicable tunes if they are located in the tuning database, tuning forum or elsewhere in the seasonal forum.

:gtplanet:

Last edited:
Oh come on!!! I could understand having one TT of the two of them be a really long, winding track, with rain etc. That's what some people enjoy, so, it's a smart play to have some variety and have some TT's at opposite ends of the spectrum from each other. But to have BOTH of the holiday TT's be on extremely long, narrow, winding tracks, with rain? That seems kinda overboard. I was thinking they'd take the more balanced approach of making the 2nd TT be the exact opposite of the first one, like have it be on Red Bull Mini or Tsukuba or something, in dry weather,

Lol, I even made a post a few weeks back, when the new TT's came out where I was like "Well, at least it's not the Nurburgring. If the next one is the Nurburgring, I'm SCREWED!" or something like that. This is my nightmare! :lol:

Alright, maybe I'm being a little overly whiney/melodramatic, lol.

In reality I suppose it doesn't matter all that much if these holiday TT's didn't end up being on tracks that are my cup of tea, since, if I understand correctly, these are additional, bonus TT's, added in addition to the normal cycle of the 2 news ones that start at the moment that the 2 previous ones end (I hope! Is this correct!?). As long as that's the case, then I'm cool with it, overall, since at least then on Dec 31st there would be 2 random other ones, in addition to that holiday one, right?

Well, in any case, good luck everyone!

Oh come on!!! I could understand having one TT of the two of them be a really long, winding track, with rain etc. That's what some people enjoy, so, it's a smart play to have some variety and have some TT's at opposite ends of the spectrum from each other. But to have BOTH of the holiday TT's be on extremely long, narrow, winding tracks, with rain? That seems kinda overboard. I was thinking they'd take the more balanced approach of making the 2nd TT be the exact opposite of the first one, like have it be on Red Bull Mini or Tsukuba or something, in dry weather,

Lol, I even made a post a few weeks back, when the new TT's came out where I was like "Well, at least it's not the Nurburgring. If the next one is the Nurburgring, I'm SCREWED!" or something like that. This is my nightmare! :lol:

In reality I suppose it doesn't matter all that much if these holiday TT's didn't end up being on tracks that are my cup of tea, since, if I understand correctly, these are additional, bonus TT's, added in addition to the normal cycle of the 2 news ones that start at the moment that the 2 previous ones end (I hope! Is this correct!?). As long as that's the case, then I'm cool with it, overall, since at least then on Dec 31st there would be 2 random other ones, in addition to that holiday one, right?

Big tasks big rewards I guess, either way this will be much better than the Red Bull once since you can tune a car and see if you can get it across the line within the gold time! I cannot wait to do it. Sucks I've got work in an hour so I better leave it till after. :) 👍

I find no reasons to repeat time trials since I don't go for leaderboards or anything but I think I'll find myself trying to get as many cars to gold as I can.

7:30.00 is the gold timer ;)
image.jpeg

Last edited:
Btw, does anyone know for sure, about that thing I was asking about in the final paragraph of my post?

Like, will there still be 2 regular new TT's that come out, when the 2 non-holiday ones (the 450pp Matterhorn and the 600pp Streets of Willow) end?

I was under the impression that these holiday events are kinda like "additional" / "bonus" types of events that they throw in the mix in addition to (not "instead" of) the regular cycle of events.

But I was looking at the screenshot and thinking about it and starting to get nervous about whether this is actually the case or not. Does anyone know? (or, educated-guesses, if nobody knows for sure)?

Btw, does anyone know for sure, about that thing I was asking about in the final paragraph of my post?

Like, will there still be 2 regular new TT's that come out, when the 2 non-holiday ones (the 450pp Matterhorn and the 600pp Streets of Willow) end?

I was under the impression that these holiday events are kinda like "additional" / "bonus" types of events that they throw in the mix in addition to (not "instead" of) the regular cycle of events.

But I was looking at the screenshot and thinking about it and starting to get nervous about whether this is actually the case or not. Does anyone know? (or, educated-guesses, if nobody knows for sure)?
Yes, there will be a new set of normal time trials next week. These are bonus events.

Yes, there will be a new set of normal time trials next week. These are bonus events.

Ah okay, whew! I was getting nervous there for a sec, haha.

In this case, I am much more okay with all of this. These events are obv not exactly meshing to my vibe and whatnot, but as long as there will still be the normal rotation of TT events in addition to these, then I will still be a happy camper, overall :)

6:56.2 For me!! But i don't think i'll do this event for long because i don't have the time to do a 7 minute lap :lol:

Edit: 6:54.9 now im done with this time trial, in 1st btw but won't be there long with this japan hunting me down :lol:

Last edited:
Randomiser chose the Subie WRX Hatch and with my terrible tuning got a mediocre lap of 7:13.868 for 66th place. Boy my tuning made it feel like a dog. Most annoying part about this is my PS3 which decides why load the track?

A better driver who can see where they're going could easily get this car into the 7:00's sub 7 who knows.

Edit: Just did the randomiser again and it chose the '69 Camaro SS.... Well it's worth a shot

Last edited:
I'm not about the rankings, not bothered about bragging rights. Just enjoy the challenge to beat the time and i did...by the skin of my teeth.

First went out and did a single lap in my 100% stock Lotus Elise 111R, which was hell of alot of fun. tones of grip. To learn the way the weather affected things.
IMG_8115.JPG

Then I went for the lap time in my ZZII...
IMG_8116.JPG

Job done.

Merry Christmas :cheers:

NSX-R Prototype LM Road Car

My time: 7:05.516

550 PP
469 CV (engine 3 installed)
1143 kg (weight reduction 3 installed)

I changed the oil and installed improve body rigidity (but no idea if it makes difference)

Suspension

F/R
85/85
12.61/10.29
6/2
8/8
7/1
0/0
0/0

Racing Brake Kit
6/3

On the transmission I only set the max speed to 300

LSD
30/5/5

Downforce
F/R
350/600

Tuned with ABS 1 and nothing else.

Now, THAT's a nice event PoDy! A relatively normal car, a perfect track (love the Ring), a little rain but not too much that it becomes undrivable, and nice reward at the end make for a great christmas present :)

Totally agree with you!

I know i said that i wouldn't do this time trial again but that japanese guy with the 6;50.9 made me feel like lap was to slow so I had a go again at it and got 6:52.5, I love the Nurburgring but I hate this NSX LM road car, it's awful and i'm not a fan of road cars what so ever, good luck for whoever enjoys this boring car :lol:

I know i said that i wouldn't do this time trial again but that japanese guy with the 6;50.9 made me feel like lap was to slow so I had a go again at it and got 6:52.5, I love the Nurburgring but I hate this NSX LM road car, it's awful and i'm not a fan of road cars what so ever, good luck for whoever enjoys this boring car :lol:

Nice time, I'm ten seconds behind you and want to ask if you will share your setup to see if I can get a little more speed out of that pos.

I did enough for gold last night on my 1st lap (got real chicken and slowed way down from Brunnchen to just before Dottnger Hohe because not sure about the grip in the rain).

This is a time trial I can take serious and put some effort into but I need a better setup. I'm not much of a tuner, it would be great is some of the aliens would post their setup.

Ok this is starting to look better :D hehehe, when I saw this thread I had to fire up my PS :D and despite still being bit drunk from yesterday I made gold on first lap :D 8:13.801 using the tune linked above by @beau231 :cheers: pfft, I guess I give it few more laps :lol:

EDIT: ok second lap 7:05.431 lol my hands feel already like spaghetti :D maybe I get back to it once I get sober some day next week :D

Last edited:
ODB
Ok this is starting to look better :D hehehe, when I saw this thread I had to fire up my PS :D and despite still being bit drunk from yesterday I made gold on first lap :D 8:13.801 using the tune linked above by @beau231 :cheers: pfft, I guess I give it few more laps :lol:

EDIT: ok second lap 7:05.431 lol my hands feel already like spaghetti :D maybe I get back to it once I get sober some day next week :D
Agree, I know im young to everyone but man it took me 300kms to beat my lap where yesterday took 50kms, i've been drinking as well so guessing that put me off a little :lol:

i've been drinking as well so guessing that put me off a little :lol:

Hahahaa a yeah maybe just a tad :D heheh, just finished 3rd lap and now I have to stop before my heart stops lol :D heheh, 7:02.744 still pretty nice despite the "circumstances" :D

Heh also I was quite amazed being ahead of @Ed_Night coming to the back straight but he just zoomes past me in some god damn R8 :D heheh, and on a quick glance I found at least one other car that's faster than me (W12 Nardo 01)

Thanks for the tuning tips for the NSX LM PROTOTYPE, which gave me A fun stable lap with a solid time of 7.27.446. I was strugglinga bit with other cars but this nsx tune is a keeper for sure.

Used the NSX with Stotty's tune as linked to earlier in the thread with the Final Gear all the way to minimum (2.000 I think) and it get's close to the limiter on the long straight. After a couple of DQs early in the lap, managed to put together a clean lap which I thought was massively slow as I was hardly pushing yet was only 2.1 off the gold time....second complete lap managed over 9 seconds quicker to finish with a 7:23 for gold and that's enough for me as I am rubbish at controlling the car and needed TCS 3 just to keep it on the road!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    64.1 KB · Views: 50
I got 7:25.037 with a ZZII '00 detuned to 550PP. I was using this tune by UltimateLurker. I adjusted the final gear to 3.250. I just noticed while checking the settings that I had traction control on 5. I'll set it to 0 and see what happens.

I don't know what it is today but all i'm getting in this car is understeer :nervous:
It's all suddenly harder to beat my lap and when it becomes wet the car just slides if it's on ice, it's not kicking the rear out i just slide off the road like im on ice it's 🤬

I don't know what it is today but all i'm getting in this car is understeer :nervous:
It's all suddenly harder to beat my lap and when it becomes wet the car just slides if it's on ice, it's not kicking the rear out i just slide off the road like im on ice it's 🤬
Is it because of the Christmas hangover.

Back