700PP Racing Car Super Lap - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

• Thread starter et_
  • 212 comments
Thanks Mitch for the encouragement. If I hadn't been reading these threads, I wouldn't have someone help tune these critters where they were tame enough to drive. My son since he was a teen hated to drive my cars. He always said they were too twitchy, now I understand his complaints. I have always made the cars low & stiff. Guess even an old fool can learn, if willing to listen.
I used to get that vacuum cleaner & never used it. It was a joke around the house. Someone else had to open my gift cars on GT5 or I'd get a vacuum cleaner. Seems I was missing out on a decent car that I was ruining.
Don't think I can go much further with it on Monza with The DS3. Need to buy a wheel & pedal set. Didn't know any better & bought the 430 Scuderia edition (thrustmaster) that was a waste of cash. I'm not even sure my grandsons will enjoy it. At least if they take it it's out of my way.

You're welcome, no problem at all. 👍 You're lack of knowledge with the game and such is nothing to be ashamed of, we've all been there at one time or another. :guilty: I remember my first wheel. My g/f got it for me shortly after I got GT5 on release day. It was some off-brand, $60 wheel endorsed by Dale Earnhardt. :embarrassed: I knew little about steering wheels, or anything game related for that fact, so I really thought I was the bees knees with that wheel until I plugged the thing in and tried using it. :lol: It was complete and utter crap. :mad: I didn't even feel like wasting my time returning it or re-selling it, I just threw the thing in the dumpster. :lol: Ah yea, you live and you learn. With experience, comes knowledge, and with that knowledge comes success. 👍 You'll get there, nothing to be/feel ashamed of in the mean time. :) Good luck to you with your journey with GT6. 👍 Keep striving for improvement, but most of all, have fun getting there. Nice talking to you my friend. :cheers:

I should know this game I have been fighting it since GT1...
My son has complained about my cars since the 90's, I guess he just drove whatever I gave him in GT1. He did start growling about them in GT2. He thinks I'm crazy cause I still play this game. The 4 or 6 computers scattered about don't help my cause much. Old people should not play games, I guess...
I guess what I'm getting at is, I set up almost every car the same, & fought them till I won. No online stuff at that time, we would drag our memory card & a sixer over to some ones house & race. We were all bad at it & some of us were really bad.
Now you can race others without leaving your house, I am not sure who misses out, or missed out...
Good night.

I should know this game I have been fighting it since GT1...
My son has complained about my cars since the 90's, I guess he just drove whatever I gave him in GT1. He did start growling about them in GT2. He thinks I'm crazy cause I still play this game. The 4 or 6 computers scattered about don't help my cause much. Old people should not play games, I guess...
I guess what I'm getting at is, I set up almost every car the same, & fought them till I won. No online stuff at that time, we would drag our memory card & a sixer over to some ones house & race. We were all bad at it & some of us were really bad.
Now you can race others without leaving your house, I am not sure who misses out, or missed out...
Good night.[/QUOTE
gt6 is not for old ppl or for young ppl,is for everyone who want to play,nothing to do with age...as long you have fun playing it...

Just looked at the rankings this morning, and apparently the fastest time is about 48 seconds from a guy who drove a red bull. Didn't know you could de-tune that car to 700pp.

Been round again with the Peugeot & haven't broken 90 seconds yet. Within 7 hundredths of it though. I get half a second ahead of my ghost before the ascari curves but seem to have forgotten how to get a good exit there & the ghost goes flying off ahead of me. 2,217th position.

Edit: 1:29.931 for 2,027th. Still time left all over the track but I'm happy enough to break 90 seconds.
Next time I do this it will be in the 2J.

Edit 2: The 2J, wow. 2nd clean lap was 1:28.632 for 829th & not a particularly good lap either. I had put the @jontikis tune straight onto the car before starting, except without the oil change. I'm so pleased I set myself a target in the Peugeot before trying this. It's probably the highest I've been on a TT ranking on day 5 so I'll no doubt come back to it later & see what happens.

Last edited:
Just looked at the rankings this morning, and apparently the fastest time is about 48 seconds from a guy who drove a red bull. Didn't know you could de-tune that car to 700pp.
Yeah I think that guy's a hack :lol: so don't worry about him 👍

The hacker now has the top 5 in a few different cars.
6th & 14th looks to be the same driver (same as each other, not the hacker) in 2 different cars.

I barely made gold in a sliding, chattering, wheel-hopping Sauber Mercedes with Praino's tune. Sometimes the DS3 is not my friend.

Thanks Mitch for the encouragement. If I hadn't been reading these threads, I wouldn't have someone help tune these critters where they were tame enough to drive. My son since he was a teen hated to drive my cars. He always said they were too twitchy, now I understand his complaints. I have always made the cars low & stiff. Guess even an old fool can learn, if willing to listen.
I used to get that vacuum cleaner & never used it. It was a joke around the house. Someone else had to open my gift cars on GT5 or I'd get a vacuum cleaner. Seems I was missing out on a decent car that I was ruining.
Don't think I can go much further with it on Monza with The DS3. Need to buy a wheel & pedal set. Didn't know any better & bought the 430 Scuderia edition (thrustmaster) that was a waste of cash. I'm not even sure my grandsons will enjoy it. At least if they take it it's out of my way.

No need for buying a wheel for like 1/2 seconds on a track, you can do that without a wheel my friend. I'll give you some advice I hope it helps, I'm .26.7 but I've space to shave it under 26 easy, so,

• Main straight, there you'll have max speed, brake in the middle of the 200m mark (first mark on the left) and be4 that mark you'll see a orange Thing :D, so, brake in the middle with shifting hard to the 1st gear!
• First Chikane,
I'll usually brake hard till entry then I hit the hand brake to get better angle for the apex, and in the middle of the first right hander you can hit again hand brake or without it go through the next left hander wide on the cerbs, stay early on a throttle.
• Long right hander;
Coming from the first chicanes, go immediately left and and "aim"for the right hander, where the black tyre marks are, and when you get this one just stay full throttle throughout this one, don't worry , you wount go out of the track, easy following the exit to the left then go prepare the car for the next two chicanes.
•Two chicanes;
Brake on the first mark, (try directly on a 200m to brake), hard till 1st gear and again, hand brake, try to pissiotion the car as much as possible to the left hand side and then cut the right exit of the apex, (first gear) for a as much as possible straight/not flat exit but with solid rhythm!
•Lesmo 1;
Position your car on a left hand, hard brake to 1st gear and in the middle if the corner go hard into the corner, correction and better entry you can do with hand brake as well, stay on throttle as early as possible, grab bit cerb, avoiding spinning wheels, shift to 2nd gear!
• Lesmo 2;
Position your car on a left side if the track, brale hard (1st gear) then let you're car roll throught the Corner, try to go on a right apex cerb, after you hit the cerb hard throttle, hit the 2nd gear, grab a outer cerb smooth for better exit speed.
• Last three left-right-left;
Pissiotion your car on the right side of the track, on a second mark (I thing) hard brake till 1st gear, cut the inner cerb, with hand brake if you will, stay on a left hand side then don't go immediately into the right hander, wait a bit, then cut smooth the right hander and the following left hander, cuting cerb is must for a better exit speed.
• Parabolica;
I'm braking on 150m I thing, hard, till 1st gear, go deep into the Parabolica and try to go early as possible on the throttle. In the middle of the Parabolica shift up to second gear and roll with full power to the straight finish line.

My set up is from the 3rd or 4th page (search), gear box is set the max speed to 390, and by wish adjust the 3rd gear a bit!

* when I mention hand brake, the method is, first brake with your normal brake, then if you see that you miss the apex or something like that, then hit the hand brake, or if you're on a good line for a corner entryc for better entering into the corned bit the hand brake. Try few times to get the feel for it, you'll see it will improve your entry dramatically and exit as well.

I'm sry for a long post, I hope it will help you and every one who's struggling to get some improvements! Maybe I'm not competitive for writing this post, but momentaly I'm on 130 possiotion, till end of the session I'll try to get in the top 100, so, those are my thoughts how to do a lap!

:)

ODB
Yeah, I've been thinking, what if they rewardet us with gold time credits everytime we improve our time to the next second or tenth or something. There would be a lot more "casual" players grinding TT's and eventually gettin faster and faster doing hot laps.
We discussed about this previously, it starts here. Seeing how many likes your post got, perhaps we should make a thread on the GT6 Suggestions forum?

Can we use nitro in this event because it is not listed in the Entry Requirements ?
Yes.

Race cars (and cars classified as race cars) that get Nitros:

New Beetle Cup Car '00
Lupo GTI Cup Car (J) '03
Lupo Cup Car '00
Golf IV GTI Touring Car '01
FIT Race Car '03
GT-R CONCEPT LM Race Car - 680pp/1031bhp/1100kg , N2O 50%
mm-R Cup Car '01
Click Type-R '04
CIVIC TYPE R (EK) Touring Car '97
Diablo GT2 '98
Motor Sport Elise '99
Corvette StingRay Racer Concept '59
Opera Performance S2000 '04
86 "Racing" '13

This is not a complete list , just the cars I can remember off top of my head & what I have in garage.

KERS of the Toyota FT-1 VGT (645PP/643bhp/1000kg) also works.
haha no wonder why my friends are so much faster!
@jontikis tell me this next time, instead of sending me pics :P

People like that really make me pissed off, real players try their hardest just to be top 500 or so and people like that just steal the top.

And what really ticks me off i only do an oil change on my cars.
what pisses me off too is PDI's slowness to console & account ban the cheaters and erase them from leaderboards.

@meek At first I was dismayed at PD's decision not to remove the obvious cheater quickly. They didn't wait this long for the Silverstone event where that idiot cheated. I think they're planning on waiting until close to the end of the Seasonal Event's expiration. I say that because you can see the Top 5 positions are occupied by the same loser who created 5 different accounts. Based on his incremental user name (Varcolac0010...Varcolac014) he obviously has many accounts that he will undoubtedly just re-connect with and post another fraudulent time.

This is the ONLY video game that I own/play and even though I currently love GT6 I still didn't play for the last 3 days. Every now and then you need a little break. I can't imagine how pathetic life would have to be to login to a video game repeatedly with different accounts and post times that everyone in the world knows are fraudulent. Just imagine how boring and sad this person's life must be. Heck, MY life is pretty boring and sad and I still don't have the time to do what this moron is doing. LOL!

Good luck to all of you who are putting down awesome legitimate times! Keep on keepin' on...

EDIT: By the way...Would someone mind telling me what happened to @et_? I went to send him a private message just now and it says his user profile doesn't exist!! What the heck happened? He left GTPlanet?! He was such a nice person, at least to me, I hope he is alright.

Last edited:
@meek At first I was dismayed at PD's decision not to remove the obvious cheater quickly. They didn't wait this long for the Silverstone event where that idiot cheated. I think they're planning on waiting until close to the end of the Seasonal Event's expiration. I say that because you can see the Top 5 positions are occupied by the same loser who created 5 different accounts. Based on his incremental user name (Varcolac0010...Varcolac014) he obviously has many accounts that he will undoubtedly just re-connect with and post another fraudulent time.

This is the ONLY video game that I own/play and even though I currently love GT6 I still didn't play for the last 3 days. Every now and then you need a little break. I can't imagine how pathetic life would have to be to login to a video game repeatedly with different accounts and post times that everyone in the world knows are fraudulent. Just imagine how boring and sad this person's life must be. Heck, MY life is pretty boring and sad and I still don't have the time to do what this moron is doing. LOL!

Good luck to all of you who are putting down awesome legitimate times! Keep on keepin' on...

Such is the life of a troll. ;) The less attention people give him/them because of his/their shenanigans, the better. Just report him and move on. By giving him the attention he craves, you are only playing into his hand. :)

I barely managed a 1.33.4xx hero lap with a r18 on my gf's account, it looks like I have to buy a 2j when I get home. I loved that car in gt4 and gt5 so it should come back to me pretty easy.

Hello everyone!:)

As most of you now know, @et_ have been banned, so he cannot update the OP. But he has compiled the tunes posted by you guys, and here they are:

700PP Racing Car Super Lap:

Chaparral 2J '70 - @@jontikis:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...o-nazionale-monza.317519/page-2#post-10107139

Peugeot 905B Evo 1 Bis LM '92 - @@SW__10:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...o-nazionale-monza.317519/page-4#post-10109616

Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd '05 - @@praiano63:
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threa...o-nazionale-monza.317519/page-2#post-10107099

Actually, I kept the stock spring rate and made some little changes for the rest:

Suspension
Ride height: 65/65
Spring rate: STOCK
Dampers (Comp): 6/8
Dampers (Ext): 8/7
Anti-roll bars: 3/4
Camber: 0,0/0,0
Toe: -0,15/0,15
Brakes: 6/7

LSD
Initial torque: 11
Accelerartion sensitivity: 14
Brake sensitivity: 6

Power
Buy the High RPM Turbo and use the power limiter to 88,9% (with changed oil)

Transmission
Just put the top speed to 390 km/h (400 km/h if you believe it's reaching the "red' RPMs too early)

I didn't put ballast on the car. Your 2J must be 821 kg when you buy it.

Notes/Tips: The car is a little unstable when you exit the corners. Try to avoid understeer at the Lesmos and Ascari chicane by changing from 1st to 2nd gear quickly. To get a good entry at the Parabolica use handbraking before turning (don't overdo it!), keep a middle line and change to 2nd gear at 170-180 km/h.
There you go! Good luck ;)👍 :gtpflag:
Thanks for the tune! Got a 1:32xx and stopped there. I added some ballast to the rear as it was skittish with my steering wheel.

You guys are superhuman, the best ive managed is a 1:27.4 with a ds3. I might be able to break 1:26 but 1:23 is ridiculous.

Thought i would give the 2J a bash, seen as i was and am slow,i smashed a couple seconds of my old time,yep a ultra fast 1:28.1xx,could get into 27's, but with a newborn in the house there is no time,so this will do me....also i will say sorry to my FR List for the lack luster effort i am putting in,its quite nice being in the lower end of the L.B. :cheers: to you all................

Back