630PP 2WD Racing Car Super Lap: Nürburgring 24h

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 225 comments
I crashed a 7.11 maybe a 7.10 with the 905B... This car with old oiled can be dangerous. The setup I shared this morning can be use as a base tune, but downforce in rear need to be at lower value, need damper or spring smoother.
I'm using ballast, i moved everywhere to see what can be good, actually I'll not share anything, I guess I can make something great and I'll wait to have the perfect tune before share it on my youtube.

Or I'm just an Alien on Nur/24H and this car is ****, this can be an option if I was racing only on this track for last decade from Forza 2 to GT5. But i can't make the 2J smooth as I need to be in top 10, my little tricks from Suzuka did'nt work :(

If someone have drive the 905B I'll be curious to know your time. The 905B faster than the TS030?! Let see in 4 weeks.

Yeah not too much no more lol, I notice huge time difference on the track compared to last time

The 2J really not appropriate to being back on Nur/24H for TT events. Worst if its after suzuka with the same car, this is why I'm not using the 2J, I'll probably dont use it at all.

I crashed a 7.11 maybe a 7.10 with the 905B... This car with old oiled can be dangerous. The setup I shared this morning can be use as a base tune, but downforce in rear need to be at lower value, need damper or spring smoother.
I'm using ballast, i moved everywhere to see what can be good, actually I'll not share anything, I guess I can make something great and I'll wait to have the perfect tune before share it on my youtube.

Or I'm just an Alien on Nur/24H and this car is ****, this can be an option if I was racing only on this track for last decade from Forza 2 to GT5. But i can't make the 2J smooth as I need to be in top 10, my little tricks from Suzuka did'nt work :(

If someone have drive the 905B I'll be curious to know your time. The 905B faster than the TS030?! Let see in 4 weeks.

The 2J really not appropriate to being back on Nur/24H for TT events. Worst if its after suzuka with the same car, this is why I'm not using the 2J, I'll probably dont use it at all.
Sorry should explain better, I mean when I did my 7:04 track time was 8:45, this TT it's 17:00, and it's making the car very difficult too drive

I'll give the 905 a go as well and see what it can do

Sorry should explain better, I mean when I did my 7:04 track time was 8:45, this TT it's 17:00, and it's making the car very difficult too drive

I'll give the 905 a go as well and see what it can do

Oh! I have to read slowly sometime ahah.

Yes the Nur-24H/Nordschleife have different grip from morning to afternoon, I was playing at 12:00Pm to 03:00Pm in public lobby in pass time, because at 17h00 ( default track time for 24h ) the track are a full second slower.

Not only the grip changed, but the shadows on the track are complicated to manage sometime.

edit: The 905B are on the grinding mode ( This is kind of situation I like to have 2 ps3... )

Last edited:
Oh! I have to read slowly sometime ahah.

Yes the Nur-24H/Nordschleife have different grip from morning to afternoon, I was playing at 12:00Pm to 03:00Pm in public lobby in pass time, because at 17h00 ( default track time for 24h ) the track are a full second slower.

Not only the grip changed, but the shadows on the track are complicated to manage sometime.

edit: The 905B are on the grinding mode ( This is kind of situation I like to have 2 ps3... )
My explaining was awful man, that was my error

Damn these japanese guys and there handbrakes and twitchy driving, can't keep up

i see you been pipped, back to the drawing board.

I used TRL Andromeda's Toyota setup, which he did 2.11 with last time. The Ring is my favourite track, and i could drive it blindfolded. I absolutely nailed a lap, to 10 sec off his pace. Something wrong, i'm not in his class, but not 10 sec.

Still have to try this TT as have been busy with the other TT at Tsukuba.

Even though this is a repeated TT, it still should be a pleasure for all those (including myself) because driving around this circuit is always a pleasure. This circuit has so much charisma to enthrall all of us.

As expected, will go for the 2J. I remember last time I drove in the similar TT, I was in top 500 (much to my amazement as I'm very cautious by nature maybe because I use DS3 which always needs more finer inputs than a wheel).

7.23.8 still with the Toyota. about 20 DQ's then suddenly boom. Took the 2J out it left the Toyota standing still, and I could not stay on track. Where do I find the 2J setups anyone for this one.

EDIT 7.21.8 TOYOTA
On the 1st page here you'll find this; This is a repeated event. PLEASE DO NOT resurrect that thread by posting in it. THANKS.

If you click on 'repeated event' it takes you back to the previous race here (May 2016) and 'hotsaucer' posted a tune on page 6 and DrAug added to it on page 7.

Took the TS030 for the 1st run. Got a modest time of 8:21:475.
After putting the 1 time onboard, hesitation & apprehension took a backseat & then posted a time of 8:11:861.
Didn't try any setup on this car but this car has great traction & stability. Wonder if the racing tyres make all the difference though.
I know my time in he 2J will be much faster but it's fun trying different cars around this never-ending track.
Kudos to all those who've put high ranked times. :cheers:

I'm faster with 905B and 787B, slower with the TS030.
Samething for the C60, probably the way I'm tuning for Nur, low downforce and mechanic grip as possible.

Maybe it's my tune then, as it's set up more for LeMans/Spa than it is here... with adjustments to the transmission of course. I ran 5 laps in the 905B, with the last 2 laps being within 0.4 seconds of each other. Especially over the distance of the ring, I thought 0.4 was consistent enough to call it.

I will try the other 2 cars to satisfy my curiousity however... always nice to have backup weapons, just in case.

Cheers

Maybe it's my tune then, as it's set up more for LeMans/Spa than it is here... with adjustments to the transmission of course. I ran 5 laps in the 905B, with the last 2 laps being within 0.4 seconds of each other. Especially over the distance of the ring, I thought 0.4 was consistent enough to call it.

I will try the other 2 cars to satisfy my curiousity however... always nice to have backup weapons just in case.

Cheers

I can run 7,20 +/- easy, but I crashed severals laps by tried to be in top 10.
This story will end by using the 2J... :(

What are you running in the 905B? I'm at 7.21 on leaderboard, only ran 2 laps in totals without crashing lol

edit: With the 787B, i run 7.27 on leaderboard with my other account ( WKR_MAXXPAIN ), but i did'nt work pretty much on.

The big issue with LMP1/Group C versus the 2J is the PP limitation. 630pp look like suit perfectly to the 2J on this track.

I did'nt have found the magic downforce yet, but by using low front downforce and ajust the rear in consequence, i made the car pretty good in corner entry and I keeping decent top speed ( 320km/h )

Took the TS030 for the 1st run. Got a modest time of 8:21:475.
After putting the 1 time onboard, hesitation & apprehension took a backseat & then posted a time of 8:11:861.
Didn't try any setup on this car but this car has great traction & stability. Wonder if the racing tyres make all the difference though.
I know my time in he 2J will be much faster but it's fun trying different cars around this never-ending track.
Kudos to all those who've put high ranked times. :cheers:

Yes it's more fun to try différents cars. For me I hate 2J and I think that with the TS030 we have more sensations and it is much more pleasant. This Toyota is very surprising on the ring. We have really great accelerations. With the Toyota you can be under the 8'00.

7.23.8 still with the Toyota. about 20 DQ's then suddenly boom. Took the 2J out it left the Toyota standing still, and I could not stay on track. Where do I find the 2J setups anyone for this one.

EDIT 7.21.8 TOYOTA

In the thread for the older similar event, kindly check post no. 151 on page no. 6.

Last edited:
Shaved a little more off tonight.....

IMG_8757.JPG

Took a few goes though.....the old story of being 'so far' in front and crashing out. Hopefully there is more to get....👍

What are you running in the 905B? I'm at 7.21 on leaderboard, only ran 2 laps in totals without crashing lol

At the time of running the tests, I was hitting high 7:38's with the 905, whereas last night I got a 7:31 flat with the Toy. It's tracks like these that really showcase the advantage of manual shifting versus auto gears in my opinion. But I'll be trying to improve my times anyways :lol: as there seems to be others like me using AT, just faster.

I'll have to try lowering front downforce too... never considered that to be honest, sad as that may seem. :banghead:

Cheers

For the 905B, its better to add weight on the car and using full downforce than using low downforce without ballast.

Sorry if I put someone on the wrong way.
I was on the wrong way my self hahaa

2j - 7:25.924 - PAD/AT - 80th atm

I'm just forcing the first part in the F1 circuit part and then driving just conservative...
2J with PAD is quite difficult to control especially in the bumpy parts, maybe TS030 could be more confortable.

ciao

Finally got it done after a dozen attempts with 5 different cars. I had to fall back to my old faithful 2J with the tune by @Ed_Night.👍👍👍 I had to use this picture because when I went to take the picture right after my gold I sat on my DS3 and the main screen disappeared and went to the friggin replay. I want to thank these people for without them I would not have made it. So thank you @Ed_Night, @AlexAlien, @Jeje6410 and @Jordan. :cheers: Without my friends and @Jordan GT6 would not be as much fun. I'm probably not going to run this again and frankly glad it's over. Don't get me wrong I really like Nürburgring 24h as well as just the main course but this track can really frustrate you because it is so easy to make even the slightest error and ruin a perfectly good lap.

:cheers: to :gtpflag:

Attachments

• 20170520_142948.jpg
    20170520_142948.jpg
    69.7 KB · Views: 39
I can put some 500pp unnder 8 minute on stop launch lap. ( I did 8 03 with rx8 concept, im jokinh but yeah you right, any 600pp car break the 8m mark, in 550pp lobby top player can run into 7m40ish )

Keep in your mind i was talking about street car.
If you're gonna run 550PP you need some OP car to get under 8 minutes.
Like TS030, 2J, HSV-010 etc...

Nop, street car at 550pp running under 8m00, on stop launch. ( I mean, the best car for nur/24h )
I'm in 7m40 with Saleen S7, Rx8, Rx7, Corvette C6, Series One... i can continue to enumerate cars, but you see the idea.

At 500pp I'm running 8m13 in 111R.

Race car always slower at equal PP on this track.

Edit; MY bad, i missunderstood, I'm talking about street car at RS and you talking about Race Car on RH. Just forget everything lol.

Last edited:
Back