• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 316 comments
Gold 2'05 on 1st lap

Done 1'59.710, less than 20 laps.....

now Top 500th....

Enjoy while it lasts...... Haha!

Updated: 1'59.142

Last edited:
It depends on me using the snap oversteer to my advantage to go faster, It's just tricky to get it perfect.

Praiano's original tune was a lot less twitchy with far less oversteer which I was using, but much harder to go fast so I didn't notice.

Jimbulls tune which I have switched to is a lot faster but harder to control.

Last edited:
Well done JimiPitBull! Well done indeed! First I tried the default tune, made Silver, tried some tweeks of my own and made the Gold but only with a few tenths to spare. Next was the standard for most of we non skilled tuners and put the 👍👍 Master Praiano's 👍👍 tune on the car and made 2:02 and change. I was thrilled with that but hoped with better driving and throttle control I could drive a bit quicker lap. Then I stumbled on your terrific / awesome tuning notes!! WOW, now I'm at 1:59.XXX (lower hundredths - can't remember exactly but I'm at 590 or so on the world standings). I know I'll never see the 1:55.76 you ran :bowdown: but das OK with me, at 67 (I'm a proud GEEZER:cheers:) I've just about ran this one as good as I will but wanted to send a note Thanking You for sharing your numbers with us!! We appreciate the help and wish you the best as you charge on into the 10's World Wide Rankings.:cheers: :gtpflag:

I tried changing Jimpitbulls braking to 2 and 0 which feels more stable although It's not quite as fast. 6-5 is still faster.

Last edited:
1'55.767 currently 23rd

BMW Z4 GT3 '11

Suspension
60/70
19.00/18.00
4/4
4/4
7/7
0.0/0.0
-0.05/0.05

Brakes 6/5

Transmission
1st 4.690
2nd 3.686
3rd 2.942
4th 2.426
5th 2.016
6th 1.675
Final 2.244

Diff
8/16/24

Downforce
400/850

Ballast
34@-50

High turbo
Power limiter 78.0%
Body Rigidity
No oil changes

645hp, 1224kg

I tried changing your braking to 2-0 which is a bit less twitchy.

Your 6/5 is faster though

Last edited:
Mate, Try changing Jimpitbulls braking to 2 and 0. It's so much better. I couldn't be dealing with the braking of Jim's tune and especially the insane random Understeer, despite it being epically FAST. It really cuts down on under steer and twitching is far more controllable but still fast.

I cut 3-4 seconds off my time instantly.

See if you can go faster.

It understeers if you try and corner while braking. Brake slightly earlier, turn in and ease the throttle back on.

Going up the mountain, lift off the throttle slightly for turn in , then back on the gas. Shifting gears down/up quickly has similar effect.

I have more trouble with oversteer!

It understeers if you try and corner while braking. Brake slightly earlier, turn in and ease the throttle back on.

Going up the mountain, lift off the throttle slightly for turn in , then back on the gas. Shifting gears down/up quickly has similar effect.

I have more trouble with oversteer!

Yeh I am adjusting my braking technique. 6-5 is sharper and oversteers more, so if you can control it is faster around corners so I get your tune. It can be a bitch on the tight turns. I'm trying 6-5 as well as 2-0. Just that when I changed to 2-0 I got a time 2 seconds faster lol

It's so hard sometimes to know if it's your imagination or the tune. I will edit my other post.
Just takes some practice with the 6-5 twitching ha it is fast. It's definitely the way to go for speed.

Last edited:
:banghead: Hate Bathurst :banghead: Hate Bathurst :banghead: Hate Bathurst!

Going to need a lot help and an amazing setup to get into this one, golded for now but far from quick.

So you really think a great tune will compensate for a lack of practice and an overwhelming hate for the track?????

Why not accept the gold and the money and just wander off and do something else?

Just tried this (with a BMW Z4, which I don't see at this year's race :indiff:). Took abit to stop even slightly clipping the wall, but I managed to gold it with a 2'08 and then did a slightly better 2'06 and just now, did a 2'04. Only a second slower then the fastest time in final practice for the 12 hour and that was on Hards :eek:

Pretty pleased with that.

Edit: I seem to notice the Z4 being the car of choice for many people. Good to know I'm not the only one :D

Just curious, but can you guys not drive at all unless you use Praiano's tunes?

I can :sly: and I used my own tune (which is quite amazing considering no one likes any of mine :lol:)

Last edited:
did a 2'04. Only a second slower then the fastest time in final practice for the 12 hour and that was on Hards :eek:

Pretty pleased with that.

Good point.

Seeing how fast drivers REALLY take corners in actual events and their lap times is very interesting.

Would be interesting to see how fast those cars go compared to GT6. Are they more comparable to the stock untuned cars?

In a game your only fear is disqualification. Real life death.

Last edited:
@Alex Ojideagu .. You must stop double/triple posting, you've done it on every page now except the 1st so I think it's fair to inform you of your errors.

Please learn to use the '+Quote' button if you want to reply to multiple people/posts, it's a fairly simple process.

When you are reading through the thread and want to quote multiple posts you '+Quote' each one as you go and on the bottom left of the reply box will appear an 'Insert Quotes' button, you click that and then also click the popup to confirm and then all quotes will be added to the reply box, then just add your responses below each quote and you are ready to post. 👍

Or use the 'Edit' button to add to a previous post rather than creating a new post.

https://www.gtplanet.net/faq/#guidelines

Just a curiosity.....
Does anyone try these seasonals with a no-tune car?
I mean, I know you'd need one if you're going for a top time. But I see people relying on tunes right off the bat and for nothing more than a gold.
I don't mean to be an a$$. But seriously, if you want to be a better driver, do your best to get gold with the mildly stock car. I wouldn't call myself special in any sense. Certainly a far cry from the aliens. But I've yet to not achieve gold with a non tuned car.
All of them, so far, can be done with basic solid driving practices. Slow in, apex, hard out. Etc, etc.

Anyway, like I said, not trying to be an a$$. I just think people will find it more satisfying to accomplish something they did by maximizing their own skills.
I did this weeks Matterhorn in my M3 '04, because thats what I had cued when these seasonals arrived. Total stock. Gold after some short acclimation. Then I looked at the leader board and saw everyone using the 111R, and was like, "Duh, that would have been a whole lot easier!" But I felt really good about having done it in a bone stock "heavy" car.
Just something to think about. Good luck everyone!
Cheers!

I have always started out in a stock car for seasonals, maxed out the PP and lapped until I get gold and then carry on until I hit the wall and can't improve anymore. Then I try the great tunes posted on here to further improve my time. Once I hit the wall again I start tweaking the tunes to see if I can find any improvements that compliment my driving style. I'm lucky if I get an hour in a day on GT6 so this approach gives my satisfaction of Golding on my own but further satisfaction of chipping my my way up the leaderboard - best of both worlds :) once again thanks to all the tuners that post on here :bowdown:

1:54.862 good enough for 12th position for now. Unfortunately a 1:53.xxx seems just out of reach but I'll keep trying for it. A great combo of car & track with this one it's like a really fast roller coaster at the top of the mountain. A lot of fun when you get it right :)

1:54.862 good enough for 12th position for now. Unfortunately a 1:53.xxx seems just out of reach but I'll keep trying for it. A great combo of car & track with this one it's like a really fast roller coaster at the top of the mountain. A lot of fun when you get it right :)

I noticed your blue line crept ahead of me today.

Challenge accepted.

Currently on 1'55.404

So you really think a great tune will compensate for a lack of practice and an overwhelming hate for the track?????

Why not accept the gold and the money and just wander off and do something else?

Because, I'm new to GT6 having only had it since December and need to learn the circuit for the Championships I race in. I'm a competitive guy, I don't like being so far off the pace compared to guys I know I can beat, so, I vent and ask for help to improve myself as a driver.
From my experience, that's what communities like this are about.

In the last seasonal at Brands Hatch in the GT300s, I put in about 2,500 miles and ended up 14th world wide, "practice" won't be an issue when I'm not putting my kids first.

Last edited:
Oh man that REALLY sucks about @praiano63 👎 :(

Now I'm screwed :scared:

Definately does suck mate... Devoted guys like him made these pages a great place.

I wouldnt say ur screwed pal lol your progress coming along very nicely... And besides its the non tuning events that really matter... Its all about what u can do with a car that doesnt suit ur style and u cant do nothin about it?! Bring on academy 👍 :cheers:

I did a 1.56.182 (pos #73 atm ) with @praiano63 new tune yesterday . And hope to drop a 1.55xxx today. Thank you so much to the Master tuner what an absolute travesty if we have lost you. Ple
ase let us know where you will go Mr. P as I am certain that myself and many others will join you there.

edit - This is my usual chain of events on TT,s (does vary and not set in stone but usual )

1. Try stock car from garage
2. Try generic @praiano63 tune
3. Try a posted tune from someone who has set a fast time (ie @jimipitbull or @Teitzy etc)
4. Try @praiano63 TT specific tune
5. Try @SW__10 super alien tune and then tweek it to suit my erratic and unskilled style.

I know we have driving assists available to us but without these great people posting tunes the average player like myself would lose interest and just fade away and only play very infrequently. @praiano63 is the people's tuner and without his tunes average joes like me wouldn't progress and enjoy the game to its full extent. Without his tunes there is no way I would be able to get within 2 - 3 seconds of the top times. @praiano63 is the best handicap system the game has.

:cheers:

Last edited:
Definately does suck mate... Devoted guys like him made these pages a great place.

I wouldnt say ur screwed pal lol your progress coming along very nicely... And besides its the non tuning events that really matter... Its all about what u can do with a car that doesnt suit ur style and u cant do nothin about it?! Bring on academy 👍 :cheers:

Where's the 'really like' button :lol:

Can't wait to battle it out with the best in the GTA TT :cheers:

I know we have driving assists available to us but without these great people posting tunes the average player like myself would lose interest and just fade away and only play very infrequently. @praiano63 is the people's tuner and without his tunes average joes like me wouldn't progress and enjoy the game to its full extent. Without his tunes there is no way I would be able to get within 2 - 3 seconds of the top times. @praiano63 is the best handicap system the game has.

Totally agree. I would´nt say this better
Now evething will be different

Damn @lisanorm, you must have some serious home race advantage. Great time :bowdown:

Just started with a Z4 with an praiano63 tune* and managed a sub 2 min lap after a few tries (with DS3, ABS1)

Need a whole lot more practice.....an maybe less beer :cheers:.

:cheers: mate,still more there,i can be in front most times up front straight but its down hill from there,guys on my LB too good,yeah i started with @jimipitbull tune that was good then used the @praiano63 tune now i'm playing around with my own....goodluck sure you will be with me soon

Back