630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Mount Panorama MRC

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 346 comments
It must be all in my head but it feels like the R35 GTRs are faster than the RWD competiton here... maybe its my ****ty drive style...

2:02 flat with a messy first lap in the SLS AMG.
Posted a 1:59 but was black flagged running wide onto skyline.
First laps with a new G29 wheel, takes some getting used to.

BMW%20Z4%20GT3%202011%20Tune%20for%20Bathurst.png

My modifications:

Suspension:

80 - 85
12.70 - 15.20
3 - 3
1 - 1
6 - 6
0.6 - 0.2
-20 / 0.15

Transmission:

Final gear 2350

Drivetrain:

Braking sensivity 25

My record 1:57.902

Last edited:
Waiting tune 1.54-1.55,anyone ? Priva also :P
Low 1.56 done

i have one, will post it soon

Z4 GT3 '11 630pp 625bhp 1190kg 48:52 weight Race Hard 632bhp with no oil added

Add oil + Ridgie didge
about add oil, no you don't have too,but if you do you will have to run it off so you can go from the 71.9% i wrote to the 76.3%......Sorry about that.

Body: Downforce 400/760 or less

Power: High Turbo @ 71.9 % With no oil added power will be 76.3%

Diff: 6/8/12

Trans: F.G 5000 Top min 1st 3370 2nd 2471 3rd 2051 4th 1714 5th 1460 6th 1254 F.G. 2790 or change

Susp: 75/70 12.00/14.00 1/1 1/1 7/7 0/0 -0.10/-0.02 Brakes 5/6

oil and body rig does not last long so will have to fix

This got me 1:55.667 with room for more......No it's not an alien tune....

Last edited:
Thanks mate. Did that and took a huge 3/10th's off my time. 1.55.6. Bloody frustrating. Thanks for the help. The ride heights down, i'll try the lower downforce.

Kossie I did all that, the cats hiding, the missus left sometime during the day, and I got 3/10th's. Great day. Lol.

beau How much difference in time do you think between manual and auto. I'm on auto, maybe that's where some of the time is??
Damn you young blokes are killing me lol. I used to use use manual all the time but I haven't for years now, when I use it there is a big diff about 4 seconds slower maybe I should practice more.:dunce::cheers:

Last edited:
Just watched latest #1 time from @trl_immortal :bowdown:
Looks like he made a couple of good 'saves' so he may go even quicker.
Anybody that doesn't know how the top guys can make these times just needs to watch the replay.
It makes my 1.58 look like a Sunday afternoon drive:)

Hi guys new to forum. Anyone interested in doing fast times in a gtr or are we all pretty much set with the Z4.

If any tunes out for the gtr to do sub 2's. currently using gt academy RJN '13 gtr

Just watched latest #1 time from @trl_immortal :bowdown:
Looks like he made a couple of good 'saves' so he may go even quicker.
Anybody that doesn't know how the top guys can make these times just needs to watch the replay.
It makes my 1.58 look like a Sunday afternoon drive:)

Hi sorry. Where can I access this vid of the lap. New to forum. Thanks in advance

Hi sorry. Where can I access this vid of the lap. New to forum. Thanks in advance
in the global ranking you may watch the top 10 videos.
UNfortunately just those of the top 10 aliens ... ;)
nothing that realy helps one to improve ... its more like "how on earth can anyone do this corner so quickly" ;)

PS. and welcome to forum :gtpflag:

in the global ranking you may watch the top 10 videos.
UNfortunately just those of the top 10 aliens ... ;)
nothing that realy helps one to improve ... its more like "how on earth can anyone do this corner so quickly" ;)

PS. and welcome to forum :gtpflag:

thanks man. Im actually an f1 and forza guy but been doing some sessions on my mates ps and loving gt6. wasnt a fan after forza but got the love back.But im not convinced by this Z4 want to do well in the GTR. naturally im a fan

1.57.9 and tearing my hair out. Tired make that 1.55.944

Seems i've hit my limit. What I don't understand is why i'm losing speed on the straights. Losing at least a second, but have no idea why.

Any suggestions!!

Same here! Too slow on the straights, dunno why! :confused:
Still in search for a fast tune, but it seems to be out of fashion to post tunes here, so I guess I will have to experiment around until somebody is willing to post a killer-tune!
Currently stuck @ 1:58,822 and need to find 2,1 seconds at least!
This can drive an old man nuts! :banghead:

thanks man. Im actually an f1 and forza guy but been doing some sessions on my mates ps and loving gt6. wasnt a fan after forza but got the love back.But im not convinced by this Z4 want to do well in the GTR. naturally im a fan
i like those GTR aswell ,though they are a bit heavy and frontbalanced.
what is your time so far. As i did my first GoldLap with the "Schulze 13" if i remember right, i might help you out a bit.

i like those GTR aswell ,though they are a bit heavy and frontbalanced.
what is your time so far. As i did my first GoldLap with the "Schulze 13" if i remember right, i might help you out a bit.
Are the "base model" options available for this event?

EDIT: Nevermind, I answered my own question by simply opening my eyes. Retard levels: high.

1:55.651.

I think I can not be much faster. Maybe a 1:55.3.

BMW%20Z4%20GT3%202011%20Tune%20for%20Bathurst.png

My modifications:

Suspension:

80 - 85
12.70 - 15.20
3 - 3
1 - 1
6 - 6
0.6 - 0.2
-20 / 0.15

Transmission:

Final gear 2350

Drivetrain:

Braking sensivity 25

My record 1:57.902

Try only the High turbo and no stage 3, You have 634 hp then, I think that is faster? Why a low turbo at Bathurst? That's not matching...

I post my tune tomorrow here :cheers:

Last edited by a moderator:
AS on or off @Kossie ?

A Low turbo at Bathurst can help keep things under control.
Allowing you to short shift across the top of the Mountain and use the mid-range torque,
rather than having to keep right up near the rev limiter and be up and down gears all the time which unsettles the car

Not an issue in real Life GT3 cars which allow TCS, are relatively light and have big tyres.
Compared with the Aussie V8 Supercars (Touring Cars) which are heavy, have relatively small tyres and no TCS
the short shift is common practice between The Cutting and Skyline

I was able to pull off a 1:58.311 with @shaunm80 tune for the Z4 GT3 and some changes from @fordlaser777. It also helps to throw caution out the window and just go for it :lol:. Also only driving AIDS I used were driving line and abs: 1.
Good time :cheers:, I am having to much fun at the Mid-Field Raceway TT, soon I will give this one a go soon because some of my friends are going past me.
Capture.PNG

This is certainly a tuff one if you want to get good times. It's a requirement to push hard and get past your comfort zone to get a sub 2:00.

I got gold easy, first lap, because I was cruising trying not to bump the walls. Surprised it was fast enough. But that lets you unwind and hang it out a bit...after the gold dust is settled.

Best so far is a 1.58.1xx. Tons of room to improve if the motivation to do so happens. lol

I added ballast to get the car to 50/50 and that settled it on entry. But I'm going to try no ballast next and a tighter diff under braking. Along with the mid turbo and taller gears idea.

AS on or off @Kossie ?

A Low turbo at Bathurst can help keep things under control.
Allowing you to short shift across the top of the Mountain and use the mid-range torque,
rather than having to keep right up near the rev limiter and be up and down gears all the time which unsettles the car

Not an issue in real Life GT3 cars which allow TCS, are relatively light and have big tyres.
Compared with the Aussie V8 Supercars (Touring Cars) which are heavy, have relatively small tyres and no TCS
the short shift is common practice between The Cutting and Skyline
AS on. traction 0 and abs on 1.

Same here! Too slow on the straights, dunno why! :confused:
Still in search for a fast tune, but it seems to be out of fashion to post tunes here, so I guess I will have to experiment around until somebody is willing to post a killer-tune!
Currently stuck @ 1:58,822 and need to find 2,1 seconds at least!
This can drive an old man nuts! :banghead:

I am far from a master tuner, in fact I am terrible :(, and I am afraid I can only "subdue" this car with active steering.
I always use Praiano tunes as my base and others seem to be working from his base tune like me. So....

My modifications are
Toe -.13/.05
Brakes 6/3
Diff 12/9/5
DF 400/675
Only High Turbo

My time is 1.53.645.

I hope it helps somebody out, as others many times previously have helped me :cheers:.

Back