630PP GT3 Racing Car Super Lap: Mount Panorama MRC

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 346 comments
I dislike Bathurst, I dislike the Z4, but I have built a sub 1:57 car for it. even tho my time says 2:03 thats due to major errors after Conrad Straight, I cooked two turns and barely stayed on the track. I've got gold so I'm happy.
I know it's sub 1:57 because I was breathing down @fordlaser777 neck and in front of @chrisspeed281 untill I cooked the turns, and to be blunt my skill at Bathurst sucks.
BMW Z4 GT3 '11
Maybe one of you faster type folks could take this out and see what she can do.
Top speed I got was 310 km/h transmission is spaced to allow for 330 km/h.
I Tried your BMW Z4 GT3 '11 tune with a time of 1:58.017, the only change I made to your tune is max rear downforce to make it corner better and it did help me :cheers:, as @chrisspeed281 mention, and to be blunt my skill at Bathurst sucks and that goes with me at this track as well.

Only one cure for that. Play time!!
@Otaliema say hello to a 1:57.384 :cheers: Thanks again for this tune

IMG_20160720_095743.jpg

Got the SLS with only aid as ABS1 Under 2:00 with a 1:59.644, still not a lap of the gods for me.
Definitely another second in it.
This has been the base of my tune for a while
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/mercedes-sls-amg-

But I added 0.1' front camber and that solved the front end, mid corner pushing issue.
Less rear toe loosened it up to help rotation aswell.
320/550 aero gets it up to 310kmh down the straight with a good exit at Forest elbow.

That'll do for me.
The car feels very good now, could pump out clean 2:01's consistently in an Enduro event.
Which is record lap time in the real world.

This game drives me nuts. After a thousand laps I managed a 1.58.263 despite being as cranky as, seems to be my limit, I decided to go for a cruise around and lo and behold there's my ghost line from a 59. Kept cruising and even passed the bastard on top of the mountain, continued to the end for a 2.00. Just doesn't make sense to me.🤬:grumpy:

It makes total sense Mate,
When you're pushing so hard, you're tense and the car responds to that. Your inputs aren't smooth which loses grip or drive and costs you time.
Normal people like us need to drive relaxed and in a groove, and just push a little bit extra, bit by bit until that feels comfortable.
Aliens... They ARE from another planet.
I have trouble knowing that a real car can't do the times or corner speed that the in game car is doing.
I can't turn off that thought and it makes me slower.

please, give me a your tune for R8. thx
I Tried your BMW Z4 GT3 '11 tune with a time of 1:58.017, the only change I made to your tune is max rear downforce to make it corner better and it did help me :cheers:, as @chrisspeed281 mention, and to be blunt my skill at Bathurst sucks and that goes with me at this track as well.
I tried your tune as suggested and it is definitely a really good tune. It's faster and more controllable for me than other tunes I've tried. :cheers: It enabled me to achieve my fastest red laps so far.:boggled: I think I will have to stick with the R8 on this one, I'm down to 2:01.xx, which is pretty good for me. :) The R8 is so much smoother and doesn't randomly scare the @$!# out of me.:scared:

It makes total sense Mate,
When you're pushing so hard, you're tense and the car responds to that. Your inputs aren't smooth which loses grip or drive and costs you time.
Normal people like us need to drive relaxed and in a groove, and just push a little bit extra, bit by bit until that feels comfortable.
Aliens... They ARE from another planet.
I have trouble knowing that a real car can't do the times or corner speed that the in game car is doing.
I can't turn off that thought and it makes me slower.
Yeah mate I've done all that, it just frustrates me that the thing will put you into a wall for no reason when you have done the same thing in that corner for the last dozen laps. Thank god for beer.:cheers::cheers:

BMW Z4 GT3
Major update to the car completed.
Enhanced braking stability, better mid-exit front end grip, smoother transmission for few rear tire spin ups.
Turn in, acceleration and top speed kept at or near the same. It slightly slower due to increased downforce on the tail.

Credit to @lisanorm for rear downforce, lsd and transmission updates, they are not the same changes he made but the changes he made spawned the updates found in the tune.

BMW Z4 GT3
Enhanced braking stability, better mid-exit front end grip, smoother transmission for few rear tire spin ups.
Turn in, acceleration and top speed kept at or near the same. It slightly slower due to increased downforce on the tail.

Credit to @lisanorm for rear downforce, lsd and transmission updates, they are not the same changes he made but the changes he made spawned the updates found in the tune.

I look forward to giving her a rip mate

It sounds like you are driving the Z4:banghead:
Have you tried the R8? It's a nice drive compared to the Z4.

I've tried them all, instead of the nice ride guys talk about I get instant u/steer and bags of it or buckets of o/steer as soon as I touch the throttle. Don't know if it's me, the g27, the computer or the track which I have driven a zillion laps on over the years and which I have driven in real life several times. I'm like Kossie but nowhere as fast which is even worse now he says he doesn't drive [Jessuss] I'm going back today for another rap.:ouch::P

Last edited:
I tried the Z4 and it IS fast, but as you say twitchy as hell.
The SLS is a well matched car for Bathurst

This tune has served me very sell so far, but I've tweaked a few bits for my driving style.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/resources/mercedes-sls-amg-gt3-11.1203/

I found using the NA stage3 and then the low turbo is a better combo for smooth power delivery and a longer power range.
you can short shift it between the Cutting and Skyline, and not sacrifice speed, but keeps the rear grip under control

I'm using a G29

Great times @EmaNymton
I think I've just found my missing seconds,
I'm not attacking the braking zones as hard as you are.

I also Notice the weight on the Z4 is only 1190kg and you're running 634hp for your 630pp
I'm pretty sure the best the AMG can do is 625hp, and it's at fatty at 1300kg.
no wonder it's slow up the hill.
But I'm still able to get 310km/h out of it down Conrod.....

Hey @Otaliema your first tune I did a 1:57.076 the only change I made to your tune is to put the rear downforce to 595 and thank you :):cheers:. I have not tried your new settings as yet on the car, because I am going change to the Audi R8 LMS ultra now.

Edit: I scrap the the Audi R8 LMS ultra and went back to Otaliema BMW Z4 GTS '11 first tune and did this 1:56.869, thank you Sir :cheers:.

Last edited:
BMW Z4 GT3

still a good tune mate i am getting mid + 55's :) 👍 :cheers:

Back