700PP Racing Car Super Lap - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

• Thread starter et_
  • 212 comments
What you need is a 2J. :cool:

Even though I get better times with the 2J, I still think I'm much better at driving LMPs.

I know people are tired of hearing this but the 2J is a "pussies" car - its for children - not the real racers - hence why it was banned from racing in the 70's ha ha ha... It has a "big girls blouse" of a fan to give aerodynamic advantage to "ginger tosser type" amateur drivers he he - plus it's a waste of fackin' dosh! I'd rather have the 2D. The 2J is cheating in my opinion the bosses are racing LMP's on the leaderboard...:bowdown:

I know people are tired of hearing this but the 2J is a "pussies" car - its for children - not the real racers - hence why it was banned from racing in the 70's ha ha ha... It has a "big girls blouse" of a fan to give aerodynamic advantage to "ginger tosser type" amateur drivers he he - plus it's a waste of fackin' dosh! I'd rather have the 2D. The 2J is cheating in my opinion the bosses are racing LMP's on the leaderboard...:bowdown:

:lol:

'Pussies car', 'for children', 'not for real racers', 'big girls blouse', 'ginger tosser type amateur drivers'... before criticising the car and all who drive it, let's see you stick yourself on top of the rankings in it ... should be no problem given how easy it is to drive.

Troll here often do you? :rolleyes: If you know people are tired of hearing this, why bring it up? I'm sorry, but I chose to drive the 2J and I am either of the people you describe here...."pussies" car - its for children - not the real racers - ginger tosser type" amateur drivers - cheater. Any time you wish to find out that I am not one of those people you describe just because I use this car, put your big girl panties on and let me know which car you wish to use for this event. I will use the car of your choice (same car you used) and we'll see just how much of a "ginger tosser type"- amateur driver" I am. After I then beat your time, you then can go back into your hole and think about using a better choice of words next time. I'm waiting.......

2j is a legal car for this event, NO cheating in my opinion.
why was it banned in the 70s? the majors did not want to lose. it was originally approved by the SCCA

and its not "pussy-like" to bring a car to its limit...be it a 2j, a lmp or a vw beetle ;-) thats racing!

Anyone had any luck with the Jaguar XJR-9 '88? I can get silver with it stock but my fiddling with downforce, suspecion, diff etc has yet to get me gold. I'm no Niki Lauda and there doesn't seem to be any tunes that I can find.

Edit: Never mind, I got there. Even if it did take 10+ laps to get from 1:35.127 to 1:34.763.

Last edited:
That'll be enough now, ladies. :rolleyes:

Hey, don't roll your eyes at me. :lol: I'm not the one that went on a trolling tangent here.:) I just thought that maybe he would like to see that not all of us that use the 2J are the types of people he claims we are. :mischievous:

Anyways, I will heed your warning here, no problems. 👍

I'm still waiting though. :mischievous: :sly: (Just messing Lucas) :lol:

Hey, don't roll your eyes at me. :lol: I'm not the one that went on a trolling tangent here.:) I just thought that maybe he would like to see that not all of us that use the 2J are the types of people he claims we are. :mischievous:

Anyways, I will heed your warning here, no problems. 👍

I'm still waiting though. :mischievous: :sly: (Just messing Lucas) :lol:
Was mostly trying to head-off another post/response like that from @flamingchariot. 👍 With the replies directed at him continuing to use the "language" that he started using, just want to be clear it's not appropriate.

Good luck in your non-2J challenge with him. Will be fun to watch if it actually happens. :)

Was mostly trying to head-off another post/response like that from @flamingchariot. 👍 With the replies directed at him continuing to use the "language" that he started using, just want to be clear it's not appropriate.

Good luck in your non-2J challenge with him. Will be fun to watch if it actually happens. :)

Thanks Lucas and yea, I knew where you were coming from with your post.....understood and noted. 👍 I probably shouldn't have posted in the manner which I did, but it really gets under my skin when people make such broad, sweeping umbrella type statements like he did. Anyways, yea, looking forward to the challenge myself. ;)

Nice to see you around btw. 👍 One of these days I'll hopefully find the motivation to get back into the WRS and run some events with you guys. This last operation I had though has really been kicking my ass. :ill: I'll be back though. Keep it real Lucas. :cheers:

@Brunoblak Nice video there, great run with the 2J. 👍

Guess I can stop trying to keep two tires on the track then?

Explain. And remember, rumble strips are considered to be part of the track in most instances. This track though has always been notorious for having very lenient track boundaries in the game, especially in the chicanes. I haven't pushed/tested the boundaries lately, but in the past you could pretty much cut the chicanes without penalty.

I got 1:27 with my C60 Hybride but I still can't beat the time I got with the 2J. :D

I was just trying to help someone to gold this event.

Personally I find the 2J more tricky and difficult to drive than an LMP, so I can't agree with your "interesting" comment. :lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
First up I've been told off for the inappropriate use of language in my post about the Chaparral 2J earlier on. Apologies for any offence it may have caused.

I detest the "white goods on wheels" for 2 reasons. 1) it only met SCCA regs and thus was banned from all other racing bodies in the 70's as the fan it had was deemed to give it unfair aerodynamic advantage at low speeds - plus as it was back then the big boys had more money = more clout. 2) It's a waste of money and drives like a bag of...

All that being said I've mastered it's finickiness before but I'll never fall in love with it, I prefer to tame a wild beast and get a decent time with that than just "cheating" - note the word is in inverted commas for the reason I stated earlier. Regardless of whether it's permitted or not the better racers are on the board with LMP cars not "copping out" with a sure thing...I'm not trying to start an argument or call Cargoratt a poor driver - you all misconstrued my intent as often is the case with forums... apply your brain before you engage fingers and press enter :cheers:

First up I've been told off for the inappropriate use of language in my post about the Chaparral 2J earlier on. Apologies for any offence it may have caused.

I detest the "white goods on wheels" for 2 reasons. 1) it only met SCCA regs and thus was banned from all other racing bodies in the 70's as the fan it had was deemed to give it unfair aerodynamic advantage at low speeds - plus as it was back then the big boys had more money = more clout. 2) It's a waste of money and drives like a bag of...

All that being said I've mastered it's finickiness before but I'll never fall in love with it, I prefer to tame a wild beast and get a decent time with that than just "cheating" - note the word is in inverted commas for the reason I stated earlier. Regardless of whether it's permitted or not the better racers are on the board with LMP cars not "copping out" with a sure thing...I'm not trying to start an argument or call Cargoratt a poor driver - you all misconstrued my intent as often is the case with forums... apply your brain before you engage fingers and press enter :cheers:

No desire to argue/carry on anymore with you on your comments. 👍 Now how about that challenge, I'm still waiting. :sly:

It's not about opinions...they stink - its about personal preference. I have better things to spend my money on...

Don't be so sensitive about other peoples views - no one person on here is King - have a little respect for others please.

I don't have anything to prove but I'll post my time when I'm on it like a car bonnet :banghead:

It's not about opinions...they stink - its about personal preference. I have better things to spend my money on...

Don't be so sensitive about other peoples views - no one person on here is King - have a little respect for others please.

I don't have anything to prove but I'll post my time when I'm on it like a car bonnet :banghead:

Oh the irony.

@coryclifford Like I said, rumble strips are still considered track in most cases and still legal. 👍 If you are using the white lines, you are cheating yourself out of track surface. Those couple of inches may not seem like much, but they add up in the grand scheme of things. 👍

Erm...has anyone seen the 1st place car on the world rankings? It's a severely hacked X2010. Just watched the replay. Speeds nearing 600mph and NOS! O_o
Sorry if I'm late to this.

Erm...has anyone seen the 1st place car on the world rankings? It's a severely hacked X2010. Just watched the replay. Speeds nearing 600mph and NOS! O_o
Sorry if I'm late to this.

Yea, I've already commented on it earlier, you're a little late there "Z". :P

Does someone have some
Setup for the 2J?

I'm bit struggling with transmssion, Even tho I'm in a lower .28, I know I can go faster with better gearbox.

Does someone have some
Setup for the 2J?

I'm bit struggling with transmssion, Even tho I'm in a lower .28, I know I can go faster with better gearbox.
I am also struggling with the transmission with the 2J, could someone please help us out. Thanks

I'll see what I can do for you guys but it probably won't be for awhile. I'm running the LFA event right now for a few more minutes while I wait for my g/f to get back with Wendy's. Then after I eat, I gotta leave for awhile. It probably won't be for another 3-4 hours. I'm sure someone else more qualified will be around before then anyway. :)

Back