700PP Racing Car Super Lap - Autodromo Nazionale Monza

• Thread starter et_
  • 212 comments
Does someone have some
Setup for the 2J?

I'm bit struggling with transmssion, Even tho I'm in a lower .28, I know I can go faster with better gearbox.

I'm using completely standard ratios, just top speed moved to 242mph. Although I did my 1:25 on the 236 mph gearbox and just hovered it at 235 mph for a few seconds before I braked :lol:

I'm using completely standard ratios, just top speed moved to 242mph. Although I did my 1:25 on the 236 mph gearbox and just hovered it at 235 mph for a few seconds before I brak :lol:
I change the Standard ratio to Max speed to 242mph and it is working for me. Many Thanks for you help. 👍

Actually, I kept the stock spring rate and made some little changes for the rest:

Suspension
Ride height: 65/65
Spring rate: STOCK
Dampers (Comp): 8/6
Dampers (Ext): 6/8
Anti-roll bars: 3/4
Camber: 0,0/0,0
Toe: -0,15/0,15
Brakes: 6/7

LSD
Initial torque: 11
Accelerartion sensitivity: 14
Brake sensitivity: 6

Power
Buy the High RPM Turbo and use the power limiter to 88,9% (with changed oil)

Transmission
Just put the top speed to 390 km/h (400 km/h if you believe it's reaching the "red' RPMs too early)

I didn't put ballast on the car. Your 2J must be 821 kg when you buy it.

Notes/Tips: The car is a little unstable when you exit the corners. Try to avoid understeer at the Lesmos and Ascari chicane by changing from 1st to 2nd gear quickly. To get a good entry at the Parabolica use handbraking before turning (don't overdo it!), keep a middle line and change to 2nd gear at 170-180 km/h.
There you go! Good luck ;)👍 :gtpflag:

I achieved a time 1:26.096 with this setup. I'm using a wheel. Thanks for this good tune! :bowdown:

I'll see what I can do for you guys but it probably won't be for awhile. I'm running the LFA event right now for a few more minutes while I wait for my g/f to get back with Wendy's. Then after I eat, I gotta leave for awhile. It probably won't be for another 3-4 hours. I'm sure someone else more qualified will be around before then anyway. :)

You didn't lost your humor as I can see :)

OT;

I tried the standard setup, and some modifications on suspenssion, and as I say, in .28.1 or .28.2 and the time can be better with I thik better gearbox. The car just go nuts In a first gear in a middle of the rpm's, just slides to much, where I lost my
Good Exit, acceleration and speed, shifting up to second, then it needs to much to gain speed, again, lose everything.

For anyone wanting a alternative to the 2J here is my quick tune for the Peugeot.
It got me a 1:25.9** during testing and I red lapped a few 1:25.8**'s.
It's got a bit more to give than that.

It's a good base to work from I think 👍

Peugeot 905B EVO 1 Bis LM '92 @ Monza

700pp
1036 BHP
804kg

Change oil

65/65
13.75/15.27
5/5
6/6
4/4
0/0
-0.05/0.00

Brakes 8/9

Trans

FG 3.280
Max speed 149 mph (min)
1: 6.339
2: 4.550
3: 3.788
4: 3.140
5: 2.644
6: 2.220
FG 2.000

LSD 5/10/8
Power 100%. High turbo
DF 600/850
Ballast 54kg @ 0

:cheers:

I tried the standard setup, and some modifications on suspenssion, and as I say, in .28.1 or .28.2 and the time can be better with I thik better gearbox. The car just go nuts In a first gear in a middle of the rpm's, just slides to much, where I lost my
Good Exit, acceleration and speed, shifting up to second, then it needs to much to gain speed, again, lose everything.

Try the @praiano63 tune

1.26.768, solid time, even tho I've still .300/.400 left in the last sector.

I've found out that the 2J is amazing car when you wanna kick AI's ass, but amazingly hard when you're battling for .100!!!!

Here, again, the track limitations are just stupid!!! Doesn't make sense at all!!!

Initially did this in the Minolta Toyota for a quick gold but then decided to buy the Peugeot 905B that seems popular.
Currently on a 1:31.609 for 3,724th without yet having done a lap where I felt I hadn't messed up at least part of it.
Gonna do a few more laps till I've found some decent braking points etc & it should be under 1:30 fairly soon.
Then I'll get the 2J out & compare times.

the new 700pp seasonal event has been hacked by a japanese bloke in a redbull x2010 @700pp with speeds upto 480mph with a lap time of 48 seconds with hacked paint, i will upload the photos i took tomorrow

the new 700pp seasonal event has been hacked by a japanese bloke in a redbull x2010 @700pp with speeds upto 480mph with a lap time of 48 seconds with hacked paint, i will upload the photos i took tomorrow
I told everyone a few days ago on here about hack red bull cars, it is ridiculous.

@hall90 I actually improved my time by setting my max speed to 236mph, leaving 1st and 2nd gear stock, but setting 3rd gear to 0,620.

It give you a bit more speed in the first parts of the lap, and you don't quite max out down the straight

@hall90 I actually improved my time by setting my max speed to 236mph, leaving 1st and 2nd gear stock, but setting 3rd gear to 0,620.

It give you a bit more speed in the first parts of the lap, and you don't quite max out down the straight
Thanks, I will try that later on. 👍

This **** is just ridiculous!!

1. Why are the cerbs on the damn track so slippery and it's obvious that when you accelerate out of the chicane on the cerb your acceleration is slower then on a track
2. Damn track limitations!!! Last sector, the last left hander be4 the back straight, it gives you like possibilities to go wide but when you just 1mm touch the right track line, lap time wount count B'coz you left the damn track!!!
3. The nummber of good, solid cars in GT6 is amazing, but in a last 3/4 tts the same care is been used twice. A1 ring 2J, and now this one again (as the main, fastest car)!
4. Did I mention that the track limitations and the damn cerbs make no damn sense?!
5. Why is the car pulled right on a side where you go bit on a grass?!?! No seanse!
6. This is the second tt that I can't watch other replays!

Last edited:
This **** is just ridiculous!!

1. Why are the cerbs on the damn track so slippery and it's obvious that when you accelerate out of the chicane on the cerb your acceleration is slower then on a track
2. Damn track limitations!!! Last sector, the last left hander be4 the back straight, it gives you like possibilities to go wide but when you just 1mm touch the right track line, lap time wount count B'coz you left the damn track!!!
3. The nummber of good, solid cars in GT6 is amazing, but in a last 3/4 tts the same care is been used twice. A1 ring 2J, and now this one again (as the main, fastest car)!
4. Did I mention that the track limitations and the damn cerbs make no damn sense?!
1. Curbs are not supposed to have grip.
2. Everyone has the same track limits.
3. People at the top will always use the fastest car.
4. Same as 1 and 2.

1. Curbs are not supposed to have grip.
2. Everyone has the same track limits.
3. People at the top will always use the fastest car.
4. Same as 1 and 2.

1. LoL! You know this slogan"The real driving simulator", in real life on a track, the cerbs have big influence on a lap time but here-Not!
2. So it's forbidden to say that the track limitations are stupid?
2. LoL

I am now 1:27.299 with that setting you told me, and once again Many Thanks for your help. :cheers:

I think I'm about as far as my old idiot tail can push it with a DS3. 1:30:508 considering I was 30,000+ in the rankings, & now (for the moment) at 2775, it's a considerable improvement.
Now I would like to have a little chat with the person that painted that white line near the pit entry. That stripe cost my at least one time, & maybe twice. Not sure if that's what wiped out one of my laps or not. I tend to crowd the curbs sometimes.

I think I'm about as far as my old idiot tail can push it with a DS3. 1:30:508 considering I was 30,000+ in the rankings, & now (for the moment) at 2775, it's a considerable improvement.
Now I would like to have a little chat with the person that painted that white line near the pit entry. That stripe cost my at least one time, & maybe twice. Not sure if that's what wiped out one of my laps or not. I tend to crowd the curbs sometimes.

You know, all too often improvements this far back in the rankings go ignored and overlooked, with nothing being said. :guilty: In a time not too long ago, I was there myself, struggling to make improvements far back in the rankings so I know how the little victories feel. Having said that, I would like to offer you my congratulations on a job well done my friend, great improvement. 👍 Keep plugging away at it, if you are persistent enough, future improvements will come. ;) Before you know it, you'll be fighting for a top 500, then top 100, and so on. The skies the limit, its just how far you want to take it. Keep the faith and believe in yourself my friend, you can do it. 👍 Stay fast. :cheers:

Mitch

Thanks Mitch for the encouragement. If I hadn't been reading these threads, I wouldn't have someone help tune these critters where they were tame enough to drive. My son since he was a teen hated to drive my cars. He always said they were too twitchy, now I understand his complaints. I have always made the cars low & stiff. Guess even an old fool can learn, if willing to listen.
I used to get that vacuum cleaner & never used it. It was a joke around the house. Someone else had to open my gift cars on GT5 or I'd get a vacuum cleaner. Seems I was missing out on a decent car that I was ruining.
Don't think I can go much further with it on Monza with The DS3. Need to buy a wheel & pedal set. Didn't know any better & bought the 430 Scuderia edition (thrustmaster) that was a waste of cash. I'm not even sure my grandsons will enjoy it. At least if they take it it's out of my way.

Back