A Desperate Plea for Tourist Trophy 2

Well Tourist Trophy was fantastic bike riding sim game. It is the great as Gran Turismo; car driving sim. I wished for the sequel too. But since Codemasters' RIDE, I started to forget about Tourist Trophy. Is is a good idea, maybe, bringing Tourist Trophy to life again, to the ESPORT like GTS................... How, Kaz??? Players like riding too..........:cheers:

As much of a TT-fanboy I'm and as much as I'd love this to happen, I've come terms with the fact that we will most likely never see a sequel to TT a long time ago. Seeing how PD just about managed to put out a bare bones GT on the PS4, I just cannot see it happening.

A likely scenario would be them experimenting by adding a bike pack to GT Sport but that's still more of a wishful thinking.

I would luv to see a revival of Tourist Trophy.
It could be a Paid Add on to GT Sport
If you purchased the add on, then just like Drive club, when you start the game, you select cars, or bikes.

If you didn't purchase the add on, then your game start up wouldn't be affected at all.

If-only_o_93627.jpg

"Yu Suzuki’s legendary Hang-On benefited from a physical bike body built into the arcade cabinet, but of course there’s no cost-effective counterpart to that for your living room."

There is though:

:)

Even counter-steering works. You push down on the right handlebar and the bike turns right. Go figure.

I believe it's been introduced to DORNA as a consideration for esports (it was mentioned in one of the vids here https://www.youtube.com/user/diablosukltd/videos) and with an actual simulator like GP Bikes (or TT2) things could really lift off for bike sims in the near future.

I have an earlier version of the above controller and it's great fun to use in GP Bikes, even made it work on Tourist Trophy on my PC :D

Tourist trophy 2 or bikes in gt sport al good to me. I really regret I sold the game and the console back then. It was indeed the best bike game ever. I got moto gp 2017 it's a nice game but I don't feel the bike and the rider.
If there is a official announcement about TT or so I'll make a pre-order asap.

I agree :)

Except Motogp07 the others motogp and wsbk games give no pleasure while cornering, you wait the moment you can open the throttle again and that's all... nothing compared with the amount of pleasure cornering with real bikes, flow and precision lines...
I agree that TT is the best bike game ever because of that feel of the bike and the rider, and so well recreated the flow through corners.

Only when you rode it bad the physics weren't so well, but the more you rode right the more realistic the experience was.

This is the discussion thread for a recent post on GTPlanet:
This article was published by Adam Ismail (@glassjaw) on November 29th, 2017 in the Gran Turismo Sport category.
please for the love of god make this tourist trophy 2 happen. This is my dieing wish to play another tourist trophy game before I die. I totally support this to the max please let’s make a tourist trophy 2 happen. ;)

Last edited:
I remember trying this game out in a PS2/XBox rental shop in my neighborhood. I didn't have a PS2 back then so I always went to the shop to check and try out what games the system had. Luckily they had GT3 and GT4 so I sank in loads of hours in those games. Then one day Tourist Trophy appeared in their shelf. It intrigued me a lot because it was made by PD. So I decided to pass on GT4 for that day and had the store clerk pop the Tourist Trophy disc instead. And wow oh wow, it was literally Gran Turismo but with bikes. I still remember the game making you set things like rider height and such before letting you play the game. I found it a bit ridiculous at first because you start off with scooters, but it makes sense because in GT games you start out with city drivers (that is if you utilize any previous-game save bonus). I'm not really into bikes but I did enjoy the game for a few hours. Two things I fondly remember were the controls and the graphics. Steering was pretty responsive, and the graphics were definitely much smoother, sharper and more refined compared to GT4. I remember wishing TT's version of Fuji Speedway was included in GT4 because TT's version looked much better.

No Thanks

Cant even get GT Right. Why put precious resources into a game only a handfull actually want. Spend those resources on more content for GTS and keep your customer base a bit happier. Nobody wants 2 half empty feeling games.

Agreed. As a formerly active member of the Driveclub community, I can speak from experience when I say that adding bikes to a game that is already tight on content is NOT a good idea. Driveclub Bikes certainly brought new fans to the game, but at the expense of the needs of the game's original consumer base. We as car fans were promised something big several months early to the DLC's release, and instead of getting highly requested cars like the Aston Vulcan or Lexus LFA, we were blind sided, having to share developer attention with the game's new (and quite frankly, rude) bike fanbase. And as a result, we saw a lot less in the way of car-based DLC. Only 6 cars came after that before the game eventually got shut down, a number that could have easily been doubled without the bike content. I felt legitimately betrayed by my favourite gaming studio, and I was not alone, not by a long shot.

Last edited:
Agreed. As a formerly active member of the Driveclub community, I can speak from experience when I say that adding bikes to a game that is already tight on content is NOT a good idea. Driveclub Bikes certainly brought new fans to the game, but at the expense of the needs of the game's original consumer base. We as car fans were promised something big several months early to the DLC's release, and instead of getting highly requested cars like the Aston Vulcan or Lexus LFA, we were blind sided, having to share developer attention with the game's new (and quite frankly, rude) bike fanbase. And as a result, we saw a lot less in the way of car-based DLC. Only 6 cars came after that before the game eventually got shut down, a number that could have easily been doubled without the bike content. I felt legitimately betrayed by my favourite gaming studio, and I was not alone, not by a long shot.

I too loved Driveclub and wish it lived a longer life, with more cars. And yet I still really enjoyed the bike expansion, because it took the game in a new and unique direction that tacking on more cars wouldn’t have. It was also a tremendously fun, triple-A bike racer, which is almost impossible to find these days.

GT Sport may be “tight on content” like Driveclub was — but at the end of the day, the game is what it is, and the developer deems it so. You may think the game isn’t finished. You may think more cars would complete it. You may think you deserve these things. And I understand anyone would be disappointed for post-release DLC and expansion not to go in the direction they were hoping — I’ve been there too. But betrayal is a bit extreme. Evolution didn’t sign a contract with its customers. They created the game, and the direction it took was up to them, not us. Similarly, Polyphony can’t be forbidden from adding bikes because some people think there aren’t enough cars. That’s not our call to make.

I'd imagine the FIA would have none of it, being tied in with the game and all. The idea is great, but really it would need to be a different company who made it, as PD surely have their hands tied with the cars alone. And bikes would need a lot of attention for the reasons the article mentions relating to physics/controls. I love bikes, and would be so happy for a good bike game that brings me back again and again, but I don't see it happening any time soon.

I don't ride, but boy did that game forge my love for strokers. I was pretty relieved that Ride 2 added several to the lone Aprilia in the first game.

You all need to go back to the 90s and play GP500 and then the SBK series.

Can't say bike games will ever get near equating to the experience of riding a bike. Having ridden like an idiot around the IOM course, sitting infront of a TV, no matter what the controls, will never come close to anything I've done on a bike.

I've had fast cars as well and gone to the ring IRL and with FF and a wheel setup it's 10x more realistic than any bike game will ever be.

This is a great article. I miss TT and welcome a sequel.
I know the market is not there for it now, but...
I'd like Fanatec to begin developing FFB handlebars with full clutch and throttle simulation.
I have an old gsxr in the shed, can you imagine a properly setup bike sim?

I bought a backwards compatible PS3 just to play TT. I'm on my 3rd copy of TT now, the last one I picked up for the astonishing price of €1 from a games store.
I was going to tell the store guy that it was a lost classic and I was essentially stealing it from them, but no one cares about PS2 titles anymore. More fool them.
Got to say though, GP500 and SBK2001 on the pc are still the best bike games ever made. The side to side lean rate of GP500 has never been equaled, it just felt intuitive and controllable with a MS Sidewinder Freestlye Pro gyroscopic game pad that was made for their MX title of the time.

Last edited:
"GT Sport is a solid foundation, polished and complete in a way Gran Turismo 5 and 6 never were"

Are you sure you played GT6? I really don't think you have. What part of GTS is complete? It just now got a Shelby cobra!?

I stopped reading after this comment.

Loved :bowdown: Tourist Trophy 👍 And you guys have even dig out my old TT shots, great to see them in article 👍 A lot of stunning memories with this game :)

This article would have been almost impossible without them. Thank you!

I'd imagine the FIA would have none of it, being tied in with the game and all. The idea is great, but really it would need to be a different company who made it, as PD surely have their hands tied with the cars alone. And bikes would need a lot of attention for the reasons the article mentions relating to physics/controls. I love bikes, and would be so happy for a good bike game that brings me back again and again, but I don't see it happening any time soon.
FIM from my research may not be actually linked to the FIA, it is however basically the same thing for bikes. They don't "have" to use FIM, but maybe FIA would actually block it either way as you say :( .

Last edited:
"GT Sport is a solid foundation, polished and complete in a way Gran Turismo 5 and 6 never were"

Are you sure you played GT6? I really don't think you have. What part of GTS is complete? It just now got a Shelby cobra!?

I stopped reading after this comment.
Complete in the sense that it isn't using assets from an entirely different console era, I'd guess.

Time to roll out this belter again:

mIQCQ.jpg

Last edited:
The most interesting thing about bikes in a car game is the way the tracks feel very different, because bikes have a different rhythm to them, and often the line is different as a result.

The realism / immersion aspect is not that much of an issue, TT already showed you can give the right impression with none of the physicality whatsoever. Without physical feedback, any physically-inspired input system will fall dramatically short, to say nothing of the practically "sub-conscious" way we control bikes of any kind.

I too loved Driveclub and wish it lived a longer life, with more cars. And yet I still really enjoyed the bike expansion, because it took the game in a new and unique direction that tacking on more cars wouldn’t have. It was also a tremendously fun, triple-A bike racer, which is almost impossible to find these days.

GT Sport may be “tight on content” like Driveclub was — but at the end of the day, the game is what it is, and the developer deems it so. You may think the game isn’t finished. You may think more cars would complete it. You may think you deserve these things. And I understand anyone would be disappointed for post-release DLC and expansion not to go in the direction they were hoping — I’ve been there too. But betrayal is a bit extreme. Evolution didn’t sign a contract with its customers. They created the game, and the direction it took was up to them, not us. Similarly, Polyphony can’t be forbidden from adding bikes because some people think there aren’t enough cars. That’s not our call to make.

It's not a matter of promises or consumer contracts, it's a matter of false advertising. You don't make a car game, advertise and name it as a car game (Driveclub), just to change direction halfway through its life cycle. Including bikes was not a problem, it was how they did it. If you're going to include something your core audience may not be fond of, then advertise it as such. Don't just tell an audience of car enthusiasts that there's going to be a BIG UPDATE coming soon that "we think you're really going to like" , let them wallow in their hype for three long months, and then drop a piece of content that's not just outside of what they were hoping for, but would also restrict the amount of future content dedicated towards them.

It's like a child being told that there's a big surprise waiting for them at home, only to find out that their parents are getting a divorce.

[...]I was opposed to adding them every other GT game, when ever someone suggested it

Maybe if it had engine swaps (that weren't limited to only the same manufacturer like in other games)?
Classic Mini with a Hayabusa engine anyone? And, for car engines, maybe a classic Beetle with a more modern boxer engine from a Subaru.

VXR
In my humble opinion, TT was the best game released on PS2, I feel it's just that good. I very much enjoy Ride 1 and 2, but there's a magic about TT that only its sequel could revive.
I've been a motorcyclist for 30 years, and TT was the only motorcycle game that ever felt right to me. It had it's quirks (I think it was the Yamaha RD400 at Tsukuba that was almost impossible to get gold), but it was so good, so fun, so right. And it had GT4's excellent photo mode. I took nearly a thousand photos (sadly all on a thumb drive lost many years ago). If TT2 is announced, it will finally give me a reason to buy a PS4.

Last edited:
Back