a gallery into an empty space [speed thrills - 2.19.08]

i use gimp and image ready (ps minus half the neat toys) depending on what i need.

with multiple layers like that, do you adjust the opacity or use a layer mask to adjust as needed?

Usually none of those, I just copy the layer to be blurred a few times, and then start on the top with the strongest blur, and move downwards from there, decreasing (a lot) the blur strength on each, until the bottom layer has a blur of about 2, 3, max 5px.

Sometimes I adjust opacity, but it depends on the situation.

great colors, not as good as what ps would usually present, but i agree you try out what beerz said. i think it might work.

thanks for the tips, beerz ... ive a few pictures i might post tomorrow. one of them was turning out real good until i got to the colours and my black charger was ... erm, blue. desaturating the blue just ruined it so i desaturated the entire picture and tried to clean it up in gimp. but, :( that, the focal point of the blur is off *sigh*

but, the black and white look made the image look meanier :D

The car looks a bit cartoon like for my taste, but I reckon you could have done even better on that shot. However, it is still a nice shot in some spots, like the background.

Very nice color and angle on that shot. The only thing I find annoying is the noise on the car...A little too much to me. It does give a nice effect on the background and forground thought.

Wow, I have always been a fan of your TT shots, and your GT shots too. Love the shot [es], the noise works really good and has a very realistic tone.

I wanna see some more updates, I miss seeing your stuff. 👍

first off, im surprise no one noticed the the smoke. its faint, but, deffently there. some how i managed to back it in :lol:

Wow, I have always been a fan of your TT shots, and your GT shots too. Love the shot [es], the noise works really good and has a very realistic tone.

I wanna see some more updates, I miss seeing your stuff. 👍

i would have been updating semi-regularly but when theres no comments and my wifi isp isnt always that stable it seems pointless. thanks though 👍 ill probably post more YSP & PRESTO ring shots this weekend if the connections not giving me problems.

very very cool, Love the lighting, and its so realistic.

ooooh... i like this one, very realistic.

I like the angle and the colors.

thanks for the comments/visit guys 👍 :)

Wow. Your last few updates is very cool indeed. 👍 Liked how the bike is sliding with control (unlike my crazy drifts/ tangslappers.... :lol:) Yeah, looks quite realistic!!! :D As for the newer update, its just....... so touching. Almost like a couple watching the sunset together.... :lol: Love the mood of that shot. 👍

the last one is quite artistic indeed, it looks a lot like a painting, same with the one from post 767. but i think that one's a classic. great work mate.

Back