A-spec Expert Level Non-Racing Car Challenge: Nürburgring Nordschleife

• Thread starter nowcontrol
  • 500 comments
i tried this but the pp isnt right in this tune does it need ballast added? cheers guys
Okay...I'm sorry it took me so long to get back on my PS3 today. Here is the tune that I used for my GT-R Black Edition. The suspension settings come from @shaunm80 (Exeter's Garage) and his GT-R B.E. tune.

Tires: SS
Ride Height: 90/90
Spring Rate: 19.50/11.00
Dampers Comp: 5/8
Dampers Ext: 6/7
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/5
Camber Angle: 0.0/0.0 (I also used 0.2/0.2 and won) but prefered none
Toe Angle: -0.06/0.02
Brake Balance: I used 5/5 but this is a very personal thing...Use what feels right to you.

Fully Custom LSD
Initial Torque: 9/10
Accel Sensitivity: 9/11
Braking Sensitivity: 6/10
Twin-Plate Clutch
Carbon Drive Shaft
Torque Split: 35/65

Power Limiter: 82.5%
Intake Tuning

Weight Reduction: Stage 3
Carbon Hood
Window Weight Reduction

This should leave you at a weight of 1,386kg with a 52 : 48 weight distribution.
HP = 473hp
Torque = 495lb/ft

Transmission
Install Dog-Clutch Transmission. Default settings should be fine, except Final Gear. I lowered Final Gear to 3.260. I had a race where I ran with the default final gear and the Corvette ZR1 pulled away from me on the final straightaway even though I was drafting him right on his bumper. I've reached 210mph with this Final Gear and some drafting / slingshot at the top of the hill.

If you aren't thrilled with that transmission, feel free to look at some of the well known tuners, if you aren't comfortable doing it on your own. Just make sure you have enough top end for the straightaway.

Just to be certain. My transmission is set to the following:
Max Speed 211
1: 3.224
2: 2.133
3: 1.541
4: 1.169
5: 0.931
6: 0.779

Final Gear: 3.260

Good luck...Again, I'm sorry it took me so long to post this. Oh, one last thing. Don't be afraid to adjust the torque distribution from 35:65 to better suit your driving style. I definitely wouldn't go any higher than 40:60 for increasing more front torque and if anything you'd probably prefer to go the other direction with it. Like to 30:70 to keep that torque in the back. Try it at 35:65 first...

Please use your infamous Odyssey to beat them... it will resemble Sabine attempt to beat Top Gear timing.

Here you go :)

image.jpg

Car topped out at ~270km/h (268MPH), but was great through corners. Beat that!

Ok.

image.jpg image.jpg

"OMG" :lol: :D Great Time and with that car :bowdown: And the Jab :P Too Funny :lol: Here's To you and all you do for us, Thank You 👍 :cheers:

Thank you, I wasn't taking a jab at the scirocco though, that's my favorite car in the game. Is the SRT the little 4 door car? I have never used it before, might have to try it.

I think I'll forget about this, 7:10ish got me 3rd place. Since then I was slower, then slower again.

Don't give up, 7:10ish can be enough (and you might even get a better time using the BMW M3 CSL '03, the setup I have posted earlier here and if you get a little bit of training).
I'm a mediocre driver, but just won it again with a 7:07,8xx easily, having made some mistakes still as you can see here:

I think I'll forget about this, 7:10ish got me 3rd place. Since then I was slower, then slower again.

As EmaNymton said, don't give up ! I agree with everybody saying this is a tough one. I'm an average driver and it took me seven or eight attempts to gold it, needed to change car three times until I found the one that fitted me. Wow, what a challenge !

You might find useful to read jack burtone's advice (Report #64), very smart. Enter and re-enter until the Special is number one, you will find it much easier.

Watching videos to analyse the aliens' paths on this track can help too. Looking for tunes also.

I think this seasonal is a fantastic opportunity to know better the Green Hell. I discovered here and there places where I could break later or drive more agressive or fluid.

Anyway, if it really makes you mad, forget it. It's only a game after all. Fun first.:)

By the way, a huge bravo to the ones who can make it with a Scirocco or an Odyssey… we don't live on the same planet ! :bowdown:

I updated GT6 this morning after a few months out, warmed up with the first two seasonals and then came to this, see that you start a full minute behind the rabbit and quit again. Utter nonsense.

I'm now with my Enzo. Two tries 2nd (5.6sec behind the first)..... Now in going for my third try.

I'll be back! :D

Third try first place, 1.265 in front of Ford GT '05, ant the final time is 7:04.040!

Not bad!

Last edited:
Don't give up, 7:10ish can be enough (and you might even get a better time using the BMW M3 CSL '03, the setup I have posted earlier here and if you get a little bit of training).
I'm a mediocre driver, but just won it again with a 7:07,8xx easily, having made some mistakes still as you can see here:

I finally got this nailed with your choice of car and set up.

Can manage third with the GT-R BE. My lineup was with the Buick Special up front but he doesn't stay long up there. By the time i get to it, that and three other cars are racing for third and they all three hold me up, alowing the first two cars to pull away. :/

Stupid me always thought that "racing" is all about

However, finally found a car (and setup) to win this race, even being just an average driver like humble me. I did, however, have to take my heart (and the wheel) firmly in both hands, but finally did it (driving as fast as I could, counted at least 5 minor mistakes in the lap but still won... have to try this "slow driving trick once).

Driving as fast as you can to win the race, isn't that the essence of this game and the drug that keeps pulling us back in?

Hi again guys`ngirls...I have one, big wish for everyone who post their victories (or failures as well lol) here...PLEASE tell if You used driving aids (Skid rec, active steer, trac control) or not...I`m really dying to know...

The guy (mr GTPVenomZombi) who claims his victory in his Dino for instance...I tried it too, as I got "inspired" The Dino maxes out at 505pp, but it is fast for within it`s pp limit, so I gave it a try...I did NOT use aids except ABS1 - and I did NOT win, despite several attempts...But I DID crash a lot...So off course it would be a RELIEF for poor me, if mr VenomZombi reads this, and telling honestly if he used aids or not...It`s not a shame to use aids in a hard-to-control-car...

OK then I tried my Ferrari F40...Horrible, no win here, even harder to control than the Dino..

Well now I wanted an easy to drive car, so took my M3GTR...In previous seasonals (London and Rainmasters on Spa) the M3GTR was almost too easy to win with, but in this Nordschleife event, I didn`t succeed with it, it made a ton of wheel spin...

Now it was getting very late, and I was a bit frustrated, as I so only had won a couple of times in my beloved Ford GT `05, as I posted here early last night...

I really wanted a win in a different car before I got to bed (late man, late) so now it was time for the Mclaren MP4 12C...
WHEW, did 2 wins with it, so went to bed a little reliefed....

But as I wrote in the opening lines in this post, PLEASE tell whether You used aids or not peoples..I`m dying to know...:odd:

Last edited:
@light driver I never use anything besides ABS=1. I never, ever use Traction Control, Skid Recovery Force, or any of the steering aids. Congratulations on your win with the McLaren MP4-12C. Could you tell me the weight and HP/Torque of your setup? I can't seem to win with mine. I've gotten wins with Nissan GT-R's, Ferrari 458 and TK II... The thing is, my lap time in the McLaren is just as fast as the others -- its the rabbit's that drive like lightning when I'm in my McLaren. It's really ticking me off... Then I have to watch WhoosierGirl freakin' winning races with a gosh darn skateboard.. :banghead: She's unbelievable... :bowdown:

@light driver I never use anything besides ABS=1. I never, ever use Traction Control, Skid Recovery Force, or any of the steering aids. Congratulations on your win with the McLaren MP4-12C. Could you tell me the weight and HP/Torque of your setup? I can't seem to win with mine. I've gotten wins with Nissan GT-R's, Ferrari 458 and TK II... The thing is, my lap time in the McLaren is just as fast as the others -- its the rabbit's that drive like lightning when I'm in my McLaren. It's really ticking me off... Then I have to watch WhoosierGirl freakin' winning races with a gosh darn skateboard.. :banghead: She's unbelievable... :bowdown:

Yeah mrs Whoosiergirl is scary...An alien...Not from Venus...Imagine she comes from a hostile galaxy some 410mio light years away, in The Deep Pink Region" of the Universe, where she rules brutally on her little, pink planet...Think I`ll report her to my local police..That`ll teach her...:lol:

My MP4 weighs 1190kgs, fully weight reduced and added 85kg ballast on 0...
It has 409BHP and max torque is 76kgm
Power-to-weight is 2.90kg/BHP
Don`t recall the start grid..But my race time was 7.08.xxx :)

Yes!! I finally won with my McLaren MP4-12C... I almost blew it. For some reason I thought the Lamborghini Murcielago SV was the car in first place and I caught up to his bumper about 5 seconds before the mini-karousel, so I backed off a little bit to make sure I didn't screw up my pass -- then I noticed the Zonda ahead of us out of the corner of my eye. Well, I had no choice but to just go for broke. I didn't catch the Zonda on the straight away. I just won the game of chicken coming down the hill. I just had to wait for him to brake before I could even consider it and I barely got around him on the 2nd to last corner...the left hand turn just after the entrance to the pits. I won with a lap time of 7:09... If I didn't let up when I caught the Lambo, I'm certain my lap time would have been a few seconds lower.

Only got round to this event this evening. Ran the Scuderia for the stock thread 1st (stock car, SH tyres) and won with a 7'12 lap.

I know the MP12 is ridiculously fast from the Nurburgring Lap Times thread (stock car with oil change; 6'48 on SH tyres), so thought I'd try it at 550ppts... stock car, SS tyres, power limited to 550ppts, with custom suspension to remove the camber and toe (no other parts or settings changes)... 6'51.174 1st attempt.

It handles so well with virtually no changes and even power limited, is hitting nearly 200mph on the straight with no draft :lol:

Got a second (11 seconds behind first) in my stock F430 Scuderia. SS tyres, TC 1, and ABS 1. Everything else, off. Passed the rabbit coming out of the bend before the long straight, got overtaken on said long straight, and passed on the brakes into the final right/left/right complex. Brake for the final corner, and get hit from behind, and spun out.

Made a few small mistakes around my lap, and got held up while trying to get clean passes on a few other cars. Should be able to gold this fairly easily with a clean lap.

I know the MP12 is ridiculously fast from the Nurburgring Lap Times thread (stock car with oil change; 6'48 on SH tyres), so thought I'd try it at 550ppts... stock car, SS tyres, power limited to 550ppts, with custom suspension to remove the camber and toe (no other parts or settings changes)... 6'51.174 1st attempt.

It handles so well with virtually no changes and even power limited, is hitting nearly 200mph on the straight with no draft :lol:
:bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown::bowdown:
Jesus...That's 18 seconds faster than my lap with the same car. 18!! That's a long time. Sit there and count out 18 seconds. My god... Before anyone chimes in, yes I know, he could probably do even better if he wanted to put the time in, and so can other people in this thread...

Even a 6 or 7 second difference is a HUGE gap, but 18 seconds is just...I don't even know where to begin. I would have to trim so much time off certain sections of the track. I know where I lose a lot of speed on Nordschleife. There are a few places where I need to cowboy up and keep my foot to the floor and trust in my tires. Now, I'm not making up excuses, but I did let up a little bit on my lap thinking I was behind the leader, and not wanting to screw up at this section of turns, then realized I was actually still in 3rd and hit the gas. But that's maybe 3 seconds I cost myself...4 at the very, very most.

It's an inspiration and a motivation reading about the lap times some of you aliens put down. Sometimes, however, it's like a big kick of reality, right in the ole family jewels, that some people are just badasses and some people are average - like me! :lol: :D :lol: :dunce:

Thanks for sharing the lap times everyone. In all honesty, it really is a motivator for us average drivers. I know I've improved over the last 6 months since getting active in these forums. It pushes me in the right direction. 👍

:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

Thanks for the compliments!

Obviously it helps I know The 'Ring pretty well as there's loads of time to be made by simply knowing every single corner on the track as well as you would your any other of your favorite tracks in the game - I did 1,000 of laps in the 190e Touring car S16 license test back in GT4, and alongside Spa, it's my favotire track of all time.

A real expert however (like @mike_gt3 or @Sutuki), would be able to go a good deal faster then my lap... I reckon I could do a mid 7'4X with a few more laps, so they'd be well in to the low 6'40's, maybe even high 7'30's.

Although it's a good demonstration of how far out the grip is on the tyres in GT6, and how much more acceleration cars have at the top end, I enjoyed this one and will probably try a few more cars... occasionally , too much grip is a good distraction :)

:embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed::embarrassed:

Thanks for the compliments!

Obviously it helps I know The 'Ring pretty well as there's loads of time to be made by simply knowing every single corner on the track as well as you would your any other of your favorite tracks in the game - I did 1,000 of laps in the 190e Touring car S16 license test back in GT4, and alongside Spa, it's my favotire track of all time.

A real expert however (like @mike_gt3 or @Sutuki), would be able to go a good deal faster then my lap... I reckon I could do a mid 7'4X with a few more laps, so they'd be well in to the low 6'40's, maybe even high 7'30's.

Although it's a good demonstration of how far out the grip is on the tyres in GT6, and how much more acceleration cars have at the top end, I enjoyed this one and will probably try a few more cars... occasionally , too much grip is a good distraction :)

Sorry I blend in here...Stotty, Your time in that MP4 is very very fast...Compliments :bowdown:

But I disagree with almost everything You write...

1: "Knowing the Ring" is as a matter of course nessecary...but...Let me put it this way:

Knowing the track is bronce...
Lots of experience is silver...BUT
SKILL (and SKILL alone is GOLD in a PLATINIUM FRAME...

And You have it all, especially SKILL

I don`t know if You use a controller or a wheel, but if it`s a controller, You just have some very fine "motorics" in Your fingers, where I have some "rude motorics" in mine, lol..If it´s a wheel, Youre GOOD at driving...

2: I think the grip of the tyres in GT is waayy to low...The sun is hammering down on the track, it`s warm, and no moisture at all...Still the cars will skid completely, if one just moves his thumb 0.1 milimeter unintentionally...(controller)

And when driving in "rain" (or PDs interpretation of rain) it´s completely insane...

When I see some IRL racing on TV, there is about zero skidding taking place, most accidents in IRL racing is caused by a tyre puncture, or a mechanical failure..Or 2 cars bumping together, not by skidding...

Nor do the cars out there on the everyday-steets outside my window skid at all. You need to pull the hanbdbrake to make a normal car skid, and it grasps the road again IMMEDIATLY, when You loosen the handbrake again, it does not continue to skid like in GT...Or, if You have a high-powered FR or MR car, You can make a "power-slide", but thats not skidding....

And most cars "outside my window" use "comfort tyres" not sport soft tyres...Yeah I know...They don`t have 4-500BHPs like the ones we use in this event, and they don`t race, they just drive, but still...Even in heavy rain (like yesterday here, ydrk) there wasn`t a single skid-accident.

Oh and now I`m off topic, it was just this thing about You and that "too much grip"

Your time is very good, also because You didn`t had "contact" with the AI right? And NO OFFENSE meant by me at all, it`s just that I want more grip lol...:sly::sly:

Sorry I blend in here...Stotty, Your time in that MP4 is very very fast...Compliments :bowdown:

But I disagree with almost everything You write...

1: "Knowing the Ring" is as a matter of course nessecary...but...Let me put it this way:

Knowing the track is bronce...
Lots of experience is silver...BUT
SKILL (and SKILL alone is GOLD in a PLATINIUM FRAME...

And You have it all, especially SKILL

I don`t know if You use a controller or a wheel, but if it`s a controller, You just have some very fine "motorics" in Your fingers, where I have some "rude motorics" in mine, lol..If it´s a wheel, Youre GOOD at driving...

No matter how fast you are, there is always someone faster - unless you're Eclipsee, Ti-Tech, Immortal, Bannmmi, Amo, Rajman etc (forgive me for any aliens I haven't mentioned!). Even for these guys, I guess being beaten by someone from their league must sometimes be a surprise.

I use a G27 👍

2: I think the grip of the tyres in GT is waayy to low...The sun is hammering down on the track, it`s warm, and no moisture at all...Still the cars will skid completely, if one just moves his thumb 0.1 milimeter unintentionally...(controller)

And when driving in "rain" (or PDs interpretation of rain) it´s completely insane...

When I see some IRL racing on TV, there is about zero skidding taking place, most accidents in IRL racing is caused by a tyre puncture, or a mechanical failure..Or 2 cars bumping together, not by skidding...

Nor do the cars out there on the everyday-steets outside my window skid at all. You need to pull the hanbdbrake to make a normal car skid, and it grasps the road again IMMEDIATLY, when You loosen the handbrake again, it does not continue to skid like in GT...Or, if You have a high-powered FR or MR car, You can make a "power-slide", but thats not skidding....

And most cars "outside my window" use "comfort tyres" not sport soft tyres...Yeah I know...They don`t have 4-500BHPs like the ones we use in this event, and they don`t race, they just drive, but still...Even in heavy rain (like yesterday here, ydrk) there wasn`t a single skid-accident.

Oh and now I`m off topic, it was just this thing about You and that "too much grip"

The lap record for a MP-12 is c.7'20 IRL. Sutuki's record in GT6 is 6'48 in the stock car on SH tyres. So either the car in GT6 is too fast in a straight line, or there's too much corner speed. I did some analysis sometime ago (comparing Sutuki's lap in GT6 with Von Saurma's lap IRL), and both are true.

In this event, on SS tyres, you can hammer the throttle from the apex.... brake deep in to the corner, feel the car start to rotate, ease the brakes and jump straight on full throttle at the apex, even in 2nd and 3rd gear. If you did that in the real car you'd be spinning everywhere.

I'd hope people aren't driving their cars round your streets anywhere near as hard as we drive in GT6!

Your time is very good, also because You didn`t had "contact" with the AI right? And NO OFFENSE meant by me at all, it`s just that I want more grip lol...:sly::sly:

:lol: My lap is far from WRS clean... the way the AI behave, contact is inevitable to some extent!

But I could do it 100% clean even faster with more attempts.

After roughly a half dozen tries I finally took first using Praiano tuned Ferrari Enzo. Caught the rabbit on the straightaway and won by a little overa second.

Glad to see them making true expert races. I don't like races that are impossible, but I do like having to try a couple cars and tunes in order to win. Now if we could just get 5 expert races every two weeks instead of just one.

Hope this helps!

I just wanted to point out that @Stotty meant "mid 6'3X" and "high 6'30's". He accidentally used a 7 where he meant to use a 6.

Yes, mike_gt3 and Sutuki's times around Nordschleife are insane. Every now and then I look at the list of times kept here on :gtplanet: for the 'Ring and I shake my head in amazement. It's beyond impressive what they can do with stock cars. Not even stiffening up the suspension. Amazing.

I think the grip of the tyres in GT is waayy to low...The sun is hammering down on the track, it`s warm, and no moisture at all...Still the cars will skid completely, if one just moves his thumb 0.1 milimeter unintentionally...(controller)

I humbly disagree with your thoughts on GT6 lacking grip. Personally, I feel tires have too much lateral grip and many tuners will tell you GT6 also provides too much latitudinal grip as well. You are right when you say that real race car drivers' tires aren't screaming around every corner when they race in real life. For one, they have to conserve tires and we do not. If you drove a real car the way that we do in this game, your tires would be shredded in no time. Also, I think PD puts that noise in to help aid us - so we know when wheels are starting to slide because we can't actually feel them sliding like one would feel in real life. Of course, there is "some" feel in the force feedback wheels when tires lock up and/or start sliding, but there is none in a controller and even the amount felt in FFB is not comparable to what you would feel in the real world.

To prove my point that tires are much too grippy in GT6 (compared to real life), how is then that guys like Sutuki & mike_gt3 can complete a lap around the 'Ring in a McLaren MP4-12C in under 7 minutes? In real life, the car was only able to lap it in 7m28s... How is that possible? It's because the cars in this game have too much grip, usually. A lot of GTPlanet members immediately downgrade their tires to CH or CM for a more realistic grip level. Of course, you need to have throttle discipline. You can't just mash your foot to the floor whenever you want, unlike using SS tires.

I don't mean to jump all over you. I'm just sharing my thoughts on the subject matter. I still prefer to use SH/SS tires because it allows me to crash less and have more fun. Occasionally I'll throw on CS tires and it's a blast in its own way...but for the most part, I still with Sport level tires whether they are realistic or not.

Honestly I don`t know if the grip is too high or too low in GT vs IRL, as nobody will borrow me their MP4 and let me take it to Nurb to see for myself...

In fact my "grip complaint" could be a complaint over the Gt driving physics in general, it`s hard for me to tell. Hard for me to "feel" the car with a controller...I have no idea what it feels like to play GT with a wheel...

But when i watch a little IRL racing on TV (F1 or DTM) the cars don`t go round the curves with "skid smoke" from the tyres. It`s like they are glued to the track...

I also don`t know why good GT players are faster than the IRL world records, but I could guess...

IRL the very life of the driver is at stake. He could end up in a coffin.

I also don`t know if the GT cars has too much power compared to the real thing...

Also; the driving lines we do in GT would wreck an IRL car...We HAMMER literally in over the curbes, I don`t think the guy who paid for an MP4 IRL would do that...(Some of the Nurb curves are very high and aggressivily angled, and IRL they don`t drive over the high angled curbes, they go "slow" near by them, but don`t touch those ones. We smash our GT cars over these aggressive curbs, and go airborne)
However; You might be right that the GT tyres are too grippy, I could still use some more....:dunce: :lol::lol:

Back