• 44 comments
United Kingdom
London
nowcontrol
A-spec Intermediate Level Fighting Muscle Cars: Mid-Field Raceway

A-spec #32 Intermediate Level Fighting Muscle Cars @ Mid-Field Raceway.jpg
A-spec [#32] Intermediate Level Fighting Muscle Cars @ Mid-Field Raceway.jpg

Last edited:
Viper '02 was a fun drive, esp. The hairpin. AI pretty weak running 1:30-1:35 laps, 1:24s will catch him up. Ford Boss 302 was lead AI.

Lol this seasonal. Its clear they want you to use a 60s/70s muscle car and yet the prize is a Japanese car and if you get the Acura NSX, you're in for a tough-ish time.

I think I used the perennial cheater car, the Shelby Series 1.

The Shelby Cobra 427... easy as... 368hp, about a ton, bit slidey but very controllable. About the best fun out of all these cars.

Will try the AC version next.

First run in my '70 Nova netted a third place as it's a little tail happy. Fairly easy win in the Chrysler 300 C though.

Since when is a Tesla EV a muscle car?

Also an oddity to note...... In my run with the Nova, the 10th place gt350 spun out in the preview so I started in 11th place.

Cool as. Great opportunity to get the Cobra and the Z28 out again. Two of my favourite cars in the game. Both very easy winners. Just love the sound of an old school v8.

Apparently a Scion FR-S is an American muscle car! Who knew, eh? :lol:

Another lurker is the Pontiac GTO - that's really a re-badged Holden Monaro, made in Australia.

Eventually used the Corvette prize car from the last Indianopolous race to win. Next will try some 'real' muscle cars like the Cobra...

Hmmm, OK.

The Tesla and Fisker electric cars are considered 'muscle' cars, and the Jay Leno Tank Car is considered a 'normal' car, so they all qualify for this race. But an Art Morrison Corvette is not considered normal and can't be used. Go figure.

Mazda Raceway Laguna Seca.jpg

At least I could use the Shelby Cobra 427. But I'm not sure Richard Petty would approve of a hot pink Superbird!

(Yes, that's me on the right - it looks like the Cobra is laughing at the Superbird!)

View attachment 438008
I looked at the picture quickly and immediately thought "Aww, cool...WhoosierGirl is back!" I was wrong. :lol:

EDIT: Oops. I forgot to say that I used @shaunm80's tune for the Shelby Series One. It's a newer car for me...I only recently purchased it. A fantastic drive, especially with his tune. Yet, it's a real shame this car is only a "standard" model. A car like this needs premium treatment.

Why is the Ford RS200 included? This is a legendary English rally car.

Because of its low weight, high horsepower with great straight line and cornering speeds, it absolutely canes the opposition.

Also 3 short laps ~4:30 mins 420,000 credits... the money comes piling in.

Come on, NSX is an American Muscle car, right?
Yes, they have an amusingly odd definition of "American" cars. American brands of Japanese companies definitely should not be considered "American cars."

Anyway, as for the race itself...

vMlFlG3.jpg

I actually found this one tricky, but I’m not sure how much of it had to do with the car I was using.

Although I’m not a fan of the halfway chopped-off roof on the C5 Corvette Z06, I figured I may as well use the one I won last week since its PP and the type of car it is fits this race well.

I started off with it stock (except for the ballast to get its PP in line and a wing I put on it for aesthetically reasons to try to counteract that awful trunk—I’m not sure it’s really an improvement :) ). I think I got 4th on two consecutive attempts.

Okay, how about some mild mods? I threw on an LSD (with my typical 8/10/20 settings) and the racing suspension (with the stock settings—I have no idea how to setup suspension) to tame some of the oversteer. That got me to second place but it wasn’t quite enough.

So I broke down and replaced the Corvette’s awful gas guzzler tax-avoiding transmission with one that had 6 usable gears and got racing brakes. Voila! Got first.

So much for winning with a stock C5 Corvette Z06. :) Ah, well, at least I did it with my first choice of car and without ever changing my opponent lineup.

Latest Posts

Back