Ace Combat 7PS4 

• Thread starter Akira AC
  • 643 comments
I also saw the A-10 "Warthog" during the E3 trailer. Good, that's my favourite aircraft ever made.

Can't wait to strafe run Anime Waifu Princess' convoy while listening to this:

(come on, we all know Osea is an allegory of the United States)

Last edited:
Unlike most of you guys, I never played the original Ace Combat games. My introduction to the franchise was Infinity, which left a poor first impression on me. I still want to play the older games, but I don't own a PS1, a PS2, or a gaming computer. How else can I go about playing the originals?

There's really been much ambiguity over who the villains are in this game. Neither Osea or Erusia look particularly evil.

I really want this game to have a branching storyline where you can pick which faction to fly for. I'd personally pick Osea.
I'm looking at this as a bit of like what happened in AC5. The main player character (Trigger) starts off in the Osean airforce, but from the trailer you can clearly see one of the "Three Strikes" planes has Trigger's emblem hidden underneath one of the slashes.
9e8351994bc60b09718e0330dee46113.png

05457df72c7d90721ff40ebc4ed1a929.png

This could mean another breakaway from sides of the war could take place. Just a thought, though...

I'm looking at this as a bit of like what happened in AC5. The main player character (Trigger) starts off in the Osean airforce, but from the trailer you can clearly see one of the "Three Strikes" planes has Trigger's emblem hidden underneath one of the slashes.
View attachment 652952
View attachment 652951

This could mean another breakaway from sides of the war could take place. Just a thought, though...

The last thing I want is for Mr. main character to desert the United States Osean Air Force and join the Crapdom of Erusia.

The only real evidence I have to support my hope for a branching storyline is the quote from the trailer "which path will you choose". But that's immediately followed by "burn Osea to the ground", so...

Last edited:
Dan
Unlike most of you guys, I never played the original Ace Combat games. My introduction to the franchise was Infinity, which left a poor first impression on me. I still want to play the older games, but I don't own a PS1, a PS2, or a gaming computer. How else can I go about playing the originals?

You can emulate them. Don't ask me how, as I don't know the details of how that works, and I think it would be against the AUP for me to describe it in further details too. Personally, I suggest just going out and buying a PS2. You can get them for practically no money, and there are still new ones lying about in some places. Ace Combat 5: Unsung War is definitely the best one. Anyone claiming otherwise is a Kardashian fan! Lots of missions, great story, soundtrack and plane selection, and good quality cutscenes.

Ace Combat 04's story is a classic, though, and isn't it dirt cheap and common anyway? It's not exactly a long or big game, either, so it's not much of a time investment.

I prefer ACZ; is "Kardashian fan" a reference to something? I didn't care for the story or the characters in AC5, and the missions were kind of stilted sometimes because I'd kill everything and have to wait for the dialogue to catch up to the next phase.

The whole PS2 trilogy has great soundtracks; I listen to them regularly in the car or while playing driving/racing games. Hopefully AC7's will be as memorable...but if not, I can just play the PS2 trilogy music instead. :)

I wonder if we will see Belka or Ustio make an appearance in the game, maybe even a chance to fly with the Demon Lord of the Round Table?
Can't wait for this game, especially since it's going to involve the AC world.
If we can pick countries, I'm picking either Ustio, Or Belka. Being a great fan of Silber, can't wait to get in an F-16 or maybe even a Phantom!

I prefer ACZ; is "Kardashian fan" a reference to something? I didn't care for the story or the characters in AC5, and the missions were kind of stilted sometimes because I'd kill everything and have to wait for the dialogue to catch up to the next phase.

Nah, just a silly way for me to discredit anyone saying otherwise ;)

I liked Zero as well, but I found the cutscenes to be cheesy, and the story to be somewhat poorly told. It did have a slightly bigger plane selection if I remember correctly, and introduced different load outs to the planes, which was awesome. Also that one moment in the main game :drool:

The moment when the nukes go off and the radio goes into static. Brilliant!

Nah, just a silly way for me to discredit anyone saying otherwise ;)

I liked Zero as well, but I found the cutscenes to be cheesy, and the story to be somewhat poorly told. It did have a slightly bigger plane selection if I remember correctly, and introduced different load outs to the planes, which was awesome. Also that one moment in the main game :drool:

The moment when the nukes go off and the radio goes into static. Brilliant!
All the games are cheesy. :lol: Though ACZ definitely suffers from pretty terrible pacing and the cutscenes are meh. The plane selection is one of the reasons I like it, and it has pretty good replay value with the three paths through the story.

F-14D confirmed as playable, and possibly an F-4E Phantom II as well. The latter is only seen as a target, so it might not actually be usable in game, but it likely is. It also looks like we once again have a limited amount of load-out customization in the form of three load-out choices per plane.

off screen capture of gameplay confirming F-14:

Off screen picture showing the F-4 as a target:

I think I saw a cockpit in the trailer from the F-15E Strike Eagle. Don't remember if it was already seen in a previous trailer though.

So let's summarize the list of playable aircraft thus far with emphasis on the planes revealed over the past few days.

1. F-22A Raptor
  2. F-15C Eagle
  3. F-16C Fighting Falcon
  4. F/A-18F Super Hornet
  5. Mirage 2000-5
  6. Rafale M
  7. A-10A Thunderbolt II
  8. Su-30M2
  9. Su-30SM1
  10. F-104 Starfighter
  11. MiG-29A Fulcrum (Not yet sure which MiG-29 variant it is. Could be a more modern variant)
  12. Su-33 Flanker-D (A Flanker sporting the navy paint job is featured in the latest trailer, thus people are assuming it is the SU-33)
  13. Typhoon
  14. F-15E Strike Eagle
  15. F-35C Lightning II
  16. Gripen E
  17. F-14D Super Tomcat
  18. F-2A (Japanese licensed produced F-16, and significantly different from the standard General Dynamics (now Lockheed Martin) F-16)
  19. F-4E Phantom II (not yet confirmed to be usable in-game, but features as an enemy in the E3 demo)

Source for MiG, SU-33, Eurofighter, Strike Eagle, F-35 and Gripen: 2017 E3 trailer.
Source for the F-14D and F-4E Phantom II: E3 demo gameplay on YouTube.
Source for the F-2A: https://www.famitsu.com/news/201706/14134927.html

This plane list is not looking bad at all. We can say with almost complete certainty that the game will feature one or two fictional super planes too, and I feel confident in saying that there's still a few planes that have yet to be revealed. What planes do you guys hope to see that have not yet been revealed?

I also second the desire for a livery editor, although I doubt it will happen. I'd rather have a photo mode, but we've discussed this earlier.

Direct audio gameplay (thanks @sems4arsenal for finding this)

Definitely getting good vibes out of this trailer. A thing I'm quickly falling in love with is the soundtrack - while it's not as slick and stylish, it's apparently closer to AC3's than to the later games so far! Never liked to listen to orchestral music while in a dogfight...

So let's summarize the list of playable aircraft thus far with emphasis on the planes revealed over the past few days.

1. F-22A Raptor
  2. F-15C Eagle
  3. F-16C Fighting Falcon
  4. F/A-18F Super Hornet
  5. Mirage 2000-5
  6. Rafale M
  7. A-10A Thunderbolt II
  8. Su-30M2
  9. Su-30SM1
  10. F-104 Starfighter
  11. MiG-29A Fulcrum (Not yet sure which MiG-29 variant it is. Could be a more modern variant)
  12. Su-33 Flanker-D (A Flanker sporting the navy paint job is featured in the latest trailer, thus people are assuming it is the SU-33)
  13. Typhoon
  14. F-15E Strike Eagle
  15. F-35C Lightning II
  16. Gripen E
  17. F-14D Super Tomcat
  18. F-2A (Japanese licensed produced F-16, and significantly different from the standard General Dynamics (now Lockheed Martin) F-16)
  19. F-4E Phantom II (not yet confirmed to be usable in-game, but features as an enemy in the E3 demo)
Yay, about time we got a 2000-5 after so many times with the 2000-C.

Yay, about time we got a 2000-5 after so many times with the 2000-C.

What's the difference between the two? I find the MiG-29 to really stand out on the list. According to Kono, the F-104 is significant to the story, thus there's a purpose to its inclusion. The MiG-29 feels out of place considering that most of the other aircraft is represented by their most modern variant. Of course it's possible that it is actually a MiG-35. Hard to tell, as we don't have any close ups of it.

Of course the same can be said about the F-16C, given the recent introduction of the Block 60 V, featuring an AESA radar and conformal fuel tanks.

Last edited:
What's the difference between the two?

The 2000-C is a single seater variant specifically for Dog Fighting, the 2000-5 is a 2 seater (Slightly longer and taller) Multiple-role Variant that has updated avionics.

Some Typhoon gameplay featuring a new mission within a breathtaking environment. I lost my mind a bit when he flew in between the canyons with a heavy mist. I can't wait for this game!

Looks like we'll have 30 or so airplanes.

Latest Posts

Back